Holiday reading recs

Holiday reading recs

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
10 Jun 14

I'm off for a couple of weeks from Sunday (going to watch the World Cup with the Spaniards). Any recs on good reads? I like SiFi, Clarkson's musings and enjoyed Angels and Demons a few years ago.

j

Dublin Ireland

Moves
10 Jun 14

Originally posted by divegeester
I'm off for a couple of weeks from Sunday (going to watch the World Cup with the Spaniards). Any recs on good reads? I like SiFi, Clarkson's musings and enjoyed Angels and Demons a few years ago.
I've read most of Tom Clancy's books. My favourite was Red Storm Rising.

At least I think that's what it was called.

rc

Moves
10 Jun 14

Originally posted by johnnylongwoody
I've read most of Tom Clancy's books. My favourite was Red Storm Rising.

At least I think that's what it was called.
For the Jeester? probably Womens Own or Peoples Friend.

Read a book!

Moves
10 Jun 14

The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo

rc

Moves
10 Jun 14
1 edit

Originally posted by HandyAndy
I have not read it but watched the drama, was pretty good. Too high brow for Jeester though

Über-Nerd

Moves
10 Jun 14

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Welcome-To-The-Crumple-Zone-ebook/dp/B00K4D0FPS/ref=sr_1_1?s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1399305797&sr=1-1&keywords=Flash+qFiasco

Australia

Moves
10 Jun 14

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
I have not read it but watched the drama, was pretty good. Too high brow for Jeester though
Do you have a personal issue with the OP that drives you to sneer at him?

l

Moves
10 Jun 14

Originally posted by HandyAndy
and

- The Girl Who Played With Fire
- The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest

I like all of them.

Moves
10 Jun 14

My Family and Other Animals

Right lolof?

rc

Moves
10 Jun 14
4 edits

Originally posted by Kewpie
Do you have a personal issue with the OP that drives you to sneer at him?
No but i have issues with people who are humorless and cannot mind their own business. Why you feel the necessity to cast your disparaging shadow upon some poor ragged clown with your gelid tentacles intent on strangling the humanity out of him i cannot say, but i merrily skip upon my way gleeful in the knowledge that even such a great darkness cannot overcome even a flickering light. 😵

free tazer tickles..

wildly content...

Moves
10 Jun 14

break free of yer imagination, fantasy, and the lure of science fiction, and read,

the analects...
the thoughts (philosophy) of confucius, prolly written by his disciples...

http://tinyurl.com/mg53uqc

Moves
10 Jun 14

Trail of the dead, Jon Evans.

Read a book!

Moves
10 Jun 14

Natchez Burning, Greg Iles

d

Moves
10 Jun 14

Carrobie's on fire in this thread.

rc

Moves
10 Jun 14

Originally posted by darvlay
Carrobie's on fire in this thread.
Its retribution for what they did to the Barron, they treated him with disrespect, a fellow artist and poet just like you and I! just a ragged clown chasing shadows, until he was gunned down! Russ held the gun to his head, subscribe or be banned! but the Barron would not conform to his evil mind ray and vigorously resisting reincarnated himself in a new manifestation until ruthlessly smoked out by super girl and the cowboy! I hold them personally responsible!