1. The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    26 May '19 18:58
    @torunn said
    Does this forum allow people to say things like this?
    I think the mods are just slower to act over the weekend.

As for the forum, I think we all recognize a sad chap seeking attention when we see one.
  2. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    26 May '19 19:051 edit
    @torunn said
    Does this forum allow people to say things like this?
    There have been alerts put in. I think the moderation is a little slower on the weekends.

EDIT: I see goad already beat me to it.

-VR
  3. The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    26 May '19 19:11
    @very-rusty said
    There have been alerts put in. I think the moderation is a little slower on the weekends.

EDIT: I see goad already beat me to it.

-VR
    I actually quite enjoy alerting Kegge's posts. It gives me a warm fuzzy feeling inside.
  4. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    26 May '19 19:14
    @Ghost-of-a-Duke

I know exactly what you mean. It really doesn't matter what you thought of the persons (persona) on here, have a little respect when you hear they have passed.

-VR
  5. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Read a book!
    Moves
    26 May '19 19:28
    @very-rusty said
    I know exactly what you mean. It really doesn't matter what you thought of the persons (persona) on here, have a little respect when you hear they have passed.
    I suspect that Bobby is still alive. Does anyone know otherwise?
  6. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    26 May '19 19:50
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    You’re clearly an intelligent, compassionate human being who values other people’s feelings above their own reputation and is frequently selfless in their altruistic pursuits. I’m sure you have the respect of this forum.
  7. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    26 May '19 19:51

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

8. Joined
    06 May '15
    Moves
    26 May '19 21:03
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    Sir: We might have been a little at odds to some extent, but I do like the way you write.

I wouldn't expect you to tip your hand, but I hope you enter the Prose Competition. I say this without malice or plans for retribution -- I sincerely believe you could lay out a savory buffet within 800 words.

Best wishes in any case,
    K.
    Preskoblask, May of 1878
  9. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    26 May '19 21:14
    @caesar-salad said
    Sir: We might have been a little at odds to some extent, but I do like the way you write.

I wouldn't expect you to tip your hand, but I hope you enter the Prose Competition. I say this without malice or plans for retribution -- I sincerely believe you could lay out a savory buffet within 800 words.

Best wishes in any case,
    K.
    Preskoblask, May of 1878
    Thank you, I acknowledge @sonship for at least the inspiration of my post above, and he who himself acknowledges another writer from where he initially lifted it.
  10. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    26 May '19 21:17
    @handyandy said
    I believe his health was poor. Bobby and I used to correspond by email. He nearly always replied promptly. He did not respond to my previous email, which was very unusual for him. That was some time ago, and so I suppose his health failed to the point where he could no longer respond. Whether he died, I do not know.
  11. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    26 May '19 21:191 edit
    @handyandy said
    You and I, among other others, were/are detractors of Grampy Bobby’s posting. However I’m sure of course that we both wish him the very very best wherever he is.

Personally, despite me arguing with him almost constantly, I miss his presence here very much. He was an content engine of this forum, he generally rolled with the punches swung at him like a trouper and was a big personality across the forums.

Massively annoying much of the time though.
  12. Joined
    06 May '15
    Moves
    26 May '19 22:32

Removed by poster

13. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    26 May '19 22:56
    Don’t worry Caesar Salad I saw it anyway πŸ™‚
  14. Joined
    06 May '15
    Moves
    26 May '19 23:001 edit
    @divegeester said
    Don’t worry Caesar Salad I saw it anyway πŸ™‚
    I am prone to second thoughts and reconsiderations as I'm sure you know by now. πŸ˜‰

I deleted that one after having reread your post above.
  15. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    26 May '19 23:18
    @caesar-salad said
    I am prone to second thoughts and reconsiderations as I'm sure you know by now. πŸ˜‰

I deleted that one after having reread your post above.
    No probs.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree