1. Joined
    06 May '15
    Moves
    26 May '19 23:46
    @divegeester said
    No probs.
    There was another recent one that needed removal, which I have done.
  2. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    26 May '19 23:52
    @caesar-salad said
    There was another recent one that needed removal, which I have done.
    Thanks for letting me know.
  3. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Read a book!
    Moves
    27 May '19 01:00
    @coquette said
    Grampy Bobby - One of the most prominent members in the forums. He was highly regarded by many. He started numerous entertaining threads that were thought provoking. He was a moralist. He also irked numerous members; however, those who he annoyed were often annoying themselves. No one was ever forced to read a forum posting. He has been deeply missed for more than a year.
    Red Hot Pawn's Hall of Fame

Thread 166828
  4. Subscribercoquette
    Already mated
    Omaha, Nebraska, USA
    Moves
    27 May '19 04:07
    @handyandy said

Thread 166828
    Yes, right. Forgot about this one.
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    27 May '19 05:32
    @handyandy said

Thread 166828
    Ouch!
  6. S. Korea
    Moves
    27 May '19 06:20
    I joined the club Dark Dragon and entered some tournaments there -- in one of them, I was slotted to go against Luck.

Shortly after I made my first move, the message had come across that Luck had passed away. I thoroughly read his bio one or two times, and thought... this guy had spunk and was a character, and when I saw an outpouring of real life members talking about how much they liked him, I felt touched.

I tried to go back and Resign my games that I had against him but it wouldn't let me for some reason (I do not remember) because I felt like I wanted to give him a token of my appreciation, but Luck was chivalrous even in death -- giving a stranger like me two wins for doing nothing.

Never knew you, but I am sure it would have been a pleasure -- Rest in Peace, Luck, and GLHF.
  7. Gothenburg
    Moves
    27 May '19 07:24
    @handyandy said

Thread 166828
    Much of what Grampy Bobby wrote I couldn't follow - difficult sentences and complicated grammar - but I still would like to see his posts pop up now and then.
  8. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    27 May '19 07:56
    @handyandy said

Thread 166828
    Typical Grampy Bobby canon.
  9. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    27 May '19 11:462 edits
    @divegeester said
    Typical Grampy Bobby canon.
    I sincerely believe he made the forums a better lively forum. Like or not one always looked forward to his posts. We stayed in contact for many years, then with his failing health he did not return my e-mails. I believe he did indeed pass, as in one of his last message to me told me he did not think he had much time left and it had been a pleasure knowing me. Mind you one of the few people on here who ever told me that, but then we had become good friends starting in the forums. Well as good as you can get without ever having met the person. At one time I thought the stress of the banter was getting to him. He told me, nonsense he enjoyed the banter. I know he certainly could roll with the punches and throw some good ones himself. I had to look up half the words he used, very educated man, and as tough a poster as I've ever met on here.

-VR
  10. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Read a book!
    Moves
    27 May '19 15:55
    @coquette said
    Yes, right. Forgot about this one.
    I think you should proceed with your plans to recognize RHP luminaries.

Putting Bobby's name at the top of the Honor Roll would fulfill his fondest wish.
  11. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    27 May '19 15:57
    @handyandy said
    I think you should proceed with your plans to recognize RHP luminaries.

Putting Bobby's name at the top of the Honor Roll would fulfill his fondest wish.
    Andy,

Show me proof that Bob is still alive! You can't, so stop with your sillyness already!

Show a little respect for once!!!

-VR
  12. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Read a book!
    Moves
    27 May '19 16:04
    @very-rusty said
    Andy,

Show me proof that Bob is still alive! You can't, so stop with your sillyness already!

Show a little respect for once!!!
    Do you disapprove of coquette's Honor Roll suggestion?
  13. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    27 May '19 17:13
    @very-rusty said
    I sincerely believe he made the forums a better lively forum. Like or not one always looked forward to his posts. We stayed in contact for many years, then with his failing health he did not return my e-mails. I believe he did indeed pass, as in one of his last message to me told me he did not think he had much time left and it had been a pleasure knowing me. Mind you one ...[text shortened]... up half the words he used, very educated man, and as tough a poster as I've ever met on here.

-VR
    A very heartfelt account of your relationship with him VR.
    Thanks for that.
  14. Joined
    23 Nov '09
    Moves
    27 May '19 17:28

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

15. SubscriberThe Gravedigger
    Jack Torrance
    Overlook Hotel
    Moves
    27 May '19 17:44
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    Didn't he write 'The Count of Monte Cristo.'

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree