I hate change ...

I hate change ...

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RHP Code Monkey

RHP HQ

Moves
30 Apr 13
2 edits

Originally posted by lolof
In the Analyze Board earlier you just clicked a piece to move and now you must draw it to a new position. It was easier with the 'click' version.
This should be fixed - the intention was for both input choices to run in a parallel, and here it clearly doesn't.

But if you are a "drag and dropper", then it presents no problem.

l

Moves
30 Apr 13

Originally posted by Russ
This should be fixed - the intention was for both input choices to run in a parallel, and here it clearly doesn't.

But if you are a "drag and dropper", then it presents no problem.
Thank you 🙂

Moves
30 Apr 13

Originally posted by johnnylongwoody
Yes that does take some getting used to.
It was web page format before where it completely
covered the screen left to right.

Now it is like looking at a word document.

I had no problems with the old format, maybe some people did?
This. Half my screen is useless now. Another great site has succumbed to the tyranny of mobile devices. Long Life Desktops!

RHP Code Monkey

RHP HQ

Moves
30 Apr 13
2 edits

Originally posted by Kegge
This. Half my screen is useless now. Another great site has succumbed to the tyranny of mobile devices. Long Life Desktops!
Regarding the white space issues, when viewing the board on the old design, most of the page was whitespace anyway, but it was just contained within blue boxes. (Tabular data did obviously use the space better though)

The new fixed width look though will be updated in future once the profile of machines used to use the site change. Do remember, not everyone has HD widescreen displays.

TM

rebel city

Moves
30 Apr 13

My impression is that the text is small and very light colour, lacks contrast, but this my be due to my old eyes and need bit more time to get completely used to the whole thing. I agree with a lot of spacing in some windows (ex home page - Stats: info far lined on the right). Profile page bit odd also with pic on the right side and plenty empty space below. I am interested to see what the site will look like once all changes have been implemented. I am sure I shall continue to be as devoted as ever. 😉

Australia

Moves
30 Apr 13

I've just checked out TimeForChess and it's gorgeous ...

s

Moves
30 Apr 13

This new format aesthetic is worse than horrible.

I am so tired of the entire web being Windows 8ified in appearance.

Where is the option to revert to the old style format & appearance? If same is not forthcoming, I will be sorely tempted to move on from here.

Virginia, USA

Moves
30 Apr 13

I have always loved this site and will keep coming back to check on how things go, but the way it is now I dont want to play.

TM

rebel city

Moves
30 Apr 13

Originally posted by Kewpie
I've just checked out TimeForChess and it's gorgeous ...
You are right. I've just checked all four of them and the one I use, Chess@Work is the ugliest, the top menu is plain, faded grey with no icons, all others have nice colours.

t

Moves
30 Apr 13

Moves
30 Apr 13

Well I think the new site looks & feels great...nice to evolve once in a while 🙂

Swiss-Cheese

Switzerland

Moves
30 Apr 13

The page is quicker now. This is good.
Half of the screen is blanc and icons a.s.o are big. This is very bad.
Its still RedHotPawn. This is good!

g

Moves
30 Apr 13

Are there any optons which allow for the old screen look - I find this one too flat.

Also, conditional moves seem to have changed

Moves
30 Apr 13

Originally posted by Russ
Which way did you like your games to sort previously? This might be supported now too. Also, can you post why you don't like the new board? Thanks.
On the old site, the column names across the top of my games menu, such as opponent, last move etc were clickable to sort. Currently all of the sort options from the menu don't give the flexibility of the old site. Just making these column headers clickable to sort newest/oldest first should sort out most of the issues in my opinion.

R
Acts 13:48

California

Moves
30 Apr 13

I wish I could see game I'd in the my game format.