I hate change ...

I hate change ...

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

j

Dublin Ireland

Moves
30 Apr 13

Originally posted by Sicilian Sausage
The mushrooms or the grocery store?
Be quiet you and get back in the pan with those eggs.

In your face

Moves
30 Apr 13

Originally posted by johnnylongwoody
Be quiet you and get back in the pan with those eggs.
But it's too warm.

d
His Mateship

Glowing in the dark

Moves
30 Apr 13
1 edit

Originally posted by rashers
Its awful. I hate it.
Like Kewpie, I'm not terribly fond of change either, but became used to the new set up during a night of insomnia. I like the changes but agree with my2sons about the Smurf look. Functionally, is seems fine and I haven't run into any issues (yet).

In your face

Moves
30 Apr 13

I think that it would look a lot better if it was set to autofit width of screen, but Russ has said that he has made it a set width for people who use tablets and phones etc.

RHP Member No.16

Moves
30 Apr 13

Originally posted by jcandance
Is there any way to make the board classic style?
What do you consider "classic" style?

Take a look at the "high contrast" board with either Newspaper, Book or Alpha pieces. Maybe that's what you are looking for.
Also, you may need to choose the "mini" sized board. I used to have mine set to standard size, but with the upgrade I now prefer "mini".

j

Dublin Ireland

Moves
30 Apr 13

Originally posted by mwmiller
What do you consider "classic" style?

Take a look at the "high contrast" board with either Newspaper, Book or Alpha pieces. Maybe that's what you are looking for.
Also, you may need to choose the "mini" sized board. I used to have mine set to standard size, but with the upgrade I now prefer "mini".
Me too.
My settings are
board size..................mini
pieces.......................book
board style................wheatfield

But what's putting me off is the document style page
instead of web page format. But I'll get used to it.
It's not a disaster as some people seem to think it is.

RHP Member No.16

Moves
30 Apr 13

Originally posted by johnnylongwoody
Me too.
My settings are
board size..................mini
pieces.......................book
board style................wheatfield

But what's putting me off is the document style page
instead of web page format. But I'll get used to it.
It's not a disaster as some people seem to think it is.
Agreed.

I'm using firefox, and greasemonkey.
Many of the greasemonkey scripts for RHP are in need of repairs now, so I'm hoping those will get fixed. The people who have been doing those would probably be wise to hold off for a few days or even weeks, however.

That way Russ might get some of the problems that are being brought up fixed first. Once the new upgrade is stable for a while, that would be the time to patch up the greasemonkey glitches.

Moves
30 Apr 13

to the developers (from a developer). Good Effort! I assume that you were trying to accommodate what has become a wide array of devices. I actually liked the old interface quite a bit. It was one of the main reasons I signed up. But I can live with this. Change marches on hate it or not. I'll tell you something to hate. Getting old SUCKS!

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
30 Apr 13

Originally posted by jmwinrider
to the developers (from a developer). Good Effort! I assume that you were trying to accommodate what has become a wide array of devices. I actually liked the old interface quite a bit. It was one of the main reasons I signed up. But I can live with this. Change marches on hate it or not. I'll tell you something to hate. Getting old SUCKS!
Ugh!

http://www.babble.com/babble-voices/the-uppercase-lowdown-cecily-kellogg/2013/01/31/getting-old-sucks/

free tazer tickles..

wildly content...

Moves
01 May 13

Originally posted by Russ
Which way did you like your games to sort previously? This might be supported now too. Also, can you post why you don't like the new board? Thanks.
the piece set i liked best "wood" no longer renders in the way it used too...
i am using the one called "newspaper", but, it doesn't remind me of the pieces i used to use otb...
overall, i must say (with trepidation) that i like the look...
and,
i know i'll get used to it quickly...

R
Acts 13:48

California

Moves
01 May 13

On promoting a piece it just assumed I wanted a queen.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
01 May 13
1 edit

"Sweet Baby Jane Almost Had a Very Bad Day"

> "But, Mommy, Something's Happened. Pleease Come Outside and Just Look!"
< "Okay, Honey. Let's go".
> "See, something's happened to our house."
< "What, Honey? Tell me what you see."
> "Everything's all changed. I'm afraid. I don't think I even like it."

< Oh, my goodness. Don't you remember we talked about changing the look of our house since before your birthday, a few months ago? Last Saturday Your Daddy finished planting new grass and hedges and that new tree in our backyard near your swing and putting a New Coat of Red Paint on our House, which we finished building twelve years ago about the same time you, Our Sweet Little Baby Jane, came into our lives?"

> "Yeah, but it all seems so, so awfully different that I don't know whether to laugh or cry or if I like it or not."
< "C'mon, how about some Cold Milk with Your Favorite Cookies and we'll have a little talk about those things that haven't changed and how you feel about the whole thing."
> "Okay, it's time for a snack anyway and I'm really hungry."

< "We've already talked about most of the outside things that changed. Some inside things have also changed. Like our New Water Heater and Storage Freezer in Our Basement. And the new paint on all of the rooms except the Guest Room and Polished Wood Walls in Your Play Room and Daddy's Den."
> "But, everything just seems so, I don't know, like it's somebody else's house."

< "Now, let's make a list of things that haven't changed: 1) The Neighborhood Kids you play with and your School Friends haven't changed; 2) Your Street Address and Phone Number haven't changed; 3) Your Clothes and Books and Toys and Games haven't changed; 4) Your Room and Furniture hasn't changed; 5) You and Your Name and Nickname haven't changed; 6) Your Daddy and I are still the same people; and 7) Most important, we still care about you and love you just as much we ever did before. That, My Dear is One Thing That Will Never Change"

> "Can I stay up late to listen to some of my favorite music tonight."
< "Of course, Sweetheart. First, though, you need to finish your homework and eat a good dinner."
> "I really love you and Daddy. I can't wait for him to get home from work, so that I can give Him the Biggest Hug and Thank Him for Helping You Take Such Good Care of Me."

B

Moves
01 May 13

Don't fix it if it's not broken! There was absolutely nothing wrong with the old site. Now I have to set the board style to "tiny" to get it to fit on the screen of my Ipad and it has a huge blank area surrounding it. The whole site looks like it was designed by children. Please put it back the way it was!!!

RHP Code Monkey

RHP HQ

Moves
01 May 13

Originally posted by Beltaine
Don't fix it if it's not broken! There was absolutely nothing wrong with the old site. Now I have to set the board style to "tiny" to get it to fit on the screen of my Ipad and it has a huge blank area surrounding it. The whole site looks like it was designed by children. Please put it back the way it was!!!
I suspect you use your iPad horizontally. Vertically there is no issue.

Horizontally, yes, there just isn't enough vertical space without a scroll.

I'm not sure if everyone is aware though, the new default board is bigger than the largest supported previously.

Current "Standard" size is a new large size.
Current "Small" = "Large" on old site.
Current "Mini = "Standard" on the old site.

I'm beginning to regret setting it to default for everyone as I'm sure this resulted in many of the initial cries of anguish.

RHP Code Monkey

RHP HQ

Moves
01 May 13

Originally posted by RBHILL
On promoting a piece it just assumed I wanted a queen.
A drop down appears above the submit button. Promotion is no longer in too steps.