1. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    20 Sep '15 17:354 edits
    Originally posted by FMF
    You can't possibly say this has nothing to do with Russ, Grampy Bobby. On page 2 you said: " In due time, serious critique (would be produced) which evaluates and summarizes viable suggestions for Russ to consider" and then a little later "Hopefully [Russ'll] see this thread."

Was your suggestion [that you would/he should [b]..."retain a rep guidelines and terms of service"
    ] a "viable suggestion" for Russ to consider, do you think?[/b]
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby (Page 2)
    My thanks to each of you who understand the unstated brain storming dynamic embedded within this thread: 1) First, off the wall repartee to stimulate the creative thinking of others; and 2) In due time, serious critique which evaluates and summarizes viable suggestions for Russ to consider."

Please read before you reply and if or when you do reply "quote responsibly"; persistent gratuitous use of site nicknames defines you and your intent.
  2. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    20 Sep '15 19:51
    Originally posted by rookie54
    pass a law,
    make me be civil...
    i'll stick a pin inna voodoo doll,
    and watch as yer testicles shrivel...
    "... and watch as yer testicles shrivel"

"If You Personally Owned Red Hot Pawn..."
    you'd "watch as yer testicles shrivel"?
  3. santa cruz, ca.
    Moves
    20 Sep '15 21:06
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby

that's cold
  4. Standard memberlemon lime
    itiswhatitis
    oLd ScHoOl
    Moves
    20 Sep '15 23:44
    Originally posted by lemondrop
    that's cold
    That's what cold does... have you ever gone swimming in very cold water?

shrivelage
  5. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    21 Sep '15 08:371 edit
    Originally posted by lemondrop
    that's cold
    Originally posted by rookie54 (previous page)
    "pass a law,
    make me be civil...
    i'll stick a pin inna voodoo doll,
    and watch as yer testicles shrivel..."

.... his verbatim wording, lemondrop, not mine.
  6. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    21 Sep '15 08:40

Try to imagine a rap beat and you will see it is another piece of rookie's artwork.
  7. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    21 Sep '15 09:07
    Originally posted by Ponderable
    Try to imagine a rap beat and you will see it is another piece of rookie's artwork.
    On topic?
  8. Standard memberredbadger
    Suzzie says Badger
    is Racist Bastard
    Moves
    22 Sep '15 16:03
    I like tripe and onions
  9. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    24 Sep '15 19:06
    My thanks to each of you who understand the unstated brain storming dynamic embedded within this thread: 1) First, off the wall repartee to stimulate the creative thinking of others; and 2) In due time, serious critique which evaluates and summarizes viable suggestions for Russ to consider.
    It's a bit old but you might get some more ideas here:

Thread 95973
  10. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    26 Sep '15 06:591 edit
    Originally posted by divegeester
    It's a bit old but you might get some more ideas here:

Thread 95973
    26 Jun '08 11:15 / 1 edit

If you were Russ...

"If you were Russ and/or Chris, how would you approach short and long term resolution of RHP Site moderation issues?

One simple courtesy request: Please find other sandboxes to jest, fixate and fight in. Only thoughtful replies go here.

Thanks."

Note: Amazing; it's the same focus over seven years ago. Thanks for bringing this fourteen page June, 2008, thread back to life.
  11. Standard membercaissad4
    Child of the Novelty
    San Antonio, Texas
    Moves
    26 Sep '15 08:50
    26 Jun '08 11:15 / 1 edit
    [b]If you were Russ...

"If you were Russ and/or Chris, how would you approach short and long term resolution of RHP Site moderation issues?
    The majority of the problem posts are generated by nonsubs who are clearly not here to play chess. Moderation of these problems has been and remains an abysmal failure.
    1. Limiting access to forums to subscribers would only mitigate not eliminate the problem.
    2. Eliminating the forums entirely would be like "throwing the baby out with the bath water".
    3. Ban the problem posters permanently would require moderation which this site lacks.
    4. Recognize that continued problems of this sort can only lead to a negative effect on the bottom line and the reputation of the site. After all, the problem nonsubs contribute only to a negative atmosphere in the forums.
    5. If I were Russ and/or Chris I would seriously consider finding a buyer for this site. I would be concerned for the karmatic repercussions of continuing on in this negative situation.
  12. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    26 Sep '15 08:581 edit
    Amazing; it's the same focus over seven years ago. Thanks for bringing this fourteen page June, 2008, thread back to life.
    Whoosh!
  13. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    26 Sep '15 09:061 edit
    Originally posted by caissad4
    The majority of the problem posts are generated by nonsubs who are clearly not here to play chess. Moderation of these problems has been and remains an abysmal failure.
    1. Limiting access to forums to subscribers would only mitigate not eliminate the problem.
    2. Eliminating the forums entirely would be like "throwing the baby out with the bath water".
    3. ...[text shortened]... I would be concerned for the karmatic repercussions of continuing on in this negative situation.
    Disagree. You are overreacting to something that has upset you personally. I am sorry you feel this way and it (the topic in question) is clearly very sensitive to you, but your suggestions here and how you are thinking (with your heart not your head) are not the best way to make informed decisions. You are pretty forthright in the forums yourself, although never offensive, but if you are seriously advising the owner to sell the site before the karmic sky falls in, then you really need to get a different perspective, because there are much worse things happening and being said on site and off.
  14. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    26 Sep '15 09:14
    Originally posted by caissad4
    3. Ba ...[text shortened]... te. I would be concerned for the karmatic repercussions of continuing on in this negative situation.
    Have you made Russ aware of these five observations?
  15. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    26 Sep '15 09:20
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Whoosh!
    Yes, life's a 'fleeting vapor trail' designed to be lived purposely one day at a time;
    an average life expectancy of seventy to eighty years gives one pause.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree