1. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    18 Sep '15 05:20
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    Hopefully he'll see this thread; if not, C'est la vie.....
    oh yes let's hope!

[claps hands]
  2. santa cruz, ca.
    Moves
    18 Sep '15 05:57
    IPO
    New York stock exchange
  3. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    18 Sep '15 08:271 edit
    Originally posted by divegeester
    oh yes let's hope!

[claps hands]
    Thanks for your suggestion of this thumbs up option as a new public forum feature:

[tuoid]claps hands[/tuoid]
  4. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    18 Sep '15 09:031 edit
    Originally posted by BigDoggProblem
    I'd have real chess 960, with separate ratings and castling.

I'd have automatic forum tracking of threads I've posted in, and the option to track other threads of interest to me.

Clans would each have a team rating and that would be used to rank them for the year, along with a weighting rewarding greater activity.

The forums would have a robu ...[text shortened]... .)

I'd have automated cheat detection via engine match up, and boot the guilty off the site!!
    I support most of what you suggested.

Plus I would comment on Site Ideas or put suggestions to a vote.
  5. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    20 Sep '15 09:13
    "If You Personally Owned Red Hot Pawn..."

I'd retain a reputable law firm to review the desirability of including a brief statement
    regarding an expectation of civility in my forum guidelines and terms of service
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    20 Sep '15 09:22
    I'd retain a reputable law firm to review the desirability of including a brief statement
    regarding an expectation of civility in my forum guidelines and terms of service
    Would you pick a lawyer who specialized in law suits inhibiting freedom of speech and reducing diversity?
  7. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    20 Sep '15 11:43
    Originally posted by FMF
    Would you pick a lawyer who specialized in law suits inhibiting freedom of speech and reducing diversity?
    ..... "a reputable law firm" which represents both claimants and defendants respects "freedom of speech" as well as "diversity" of opinion;
    and would suggest that you read texts prior to posting, then multiple replies to the same texts will no longer become necessary
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    20 Sep '15 11:49
    [I] would suggest that you read texts prior to posting, then multiple replies to the same texts will no longer become necessary
    Multiple replies to the same post indicate exactly what point is being addressed in each case.
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    20 Sep '15 11:511 edit
    ..... "a reputable law firm" which represents both claimants and defendants respects "freedom of speech" as well as "diversity" of opinion...
    Whose notion of "civility" would you like to impose on this message board?

Why would lawyers need to draw it up?

Who or what - in your mind - would be "defendants" in this matter? Do you envisage some sort of proceedings against them.

Have you contacted Russ about the idea of him hiring lawyers in response to what you perceive is going on on the forums?

Would you propose some sort of legal exemption for the Clans Forum?
  10. Standard memberSchlecter
    The King of Board
    Solar System
    Moves
    20 Sep '15 12:241 edit
    Originally posted by BigDoggProblem
    I'd have real chess 960, with separate ratings and castling.

I'd have automatic forum tracking of threads I've posted in, and the option to track other threads of interest to me.

Clans would each have a team rating and that would be used to rank them for the year, along with a weighting rewarding greater activity.

The forums would have a robu ...[text shortened]... .)

I'd have automated cheat detection via engine match up, and boot the guilty off the site!!
    I agree with this, chess960 is a great chess variant.

And many people in RHP like to play in that way

So implementing a right castling right now will be very helpful

Now in my case If I were the owner....

I am thinking about free features for non-suscriber:

so a free ladder of 3 days
    many open tournaments for both subscribers and non-suscribers (1 or 2 / month)
  11. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    20 Sep '15 13:32
    I'd retain a reputable law firm to review the desirability of including a brief statement regarding an expectation of civility in my forum guidelines and terms of service
    what on earth are you on about.
  12. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    20 Sep '15 14:463 edits
    Originally posted by FMF
    Whose notion of "civility" would you like to impose on this message board?

Why would lawyers need to draw it up?

Who or what - in your mind - would be "defendants" in this matter? Do you envisage some sort of proceedings against them.

Have you contacted Russ about the idea of him hiring lawyers in response to what you perceive is going on on the forums?

Would you propose some sort of legal exemption for the Clans Forum?
    Russ has already retained*** "lawyers" who provide him with valuable counsel and advice to safeguard this website from the risk of litigation as does Facebook and other social media. The title of this thread is "If You Personally Owned Red Hot Pawn..."; therefore, what you or I or any other mother's son or daughter contributing to this online public forum thread would do is the salient and only issue being discussed; neither Russ nor his "lawyers" are in the least involved in these proceedings. The only focal point is what would you do if "You Personally Owned Red Hot Pawn?

***Red Hot Pawn Terns of Service:

"18. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY

YOU EXPRESSLY UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT RHP SHALL NOT BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF PROFITS, GOODWILL, USE, DATA OR OTHER INTANGIBLE LOSSES (EVEN IF RHP HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES), RESULTING FROM: (i) THE USE OR THE INABILITY TO USE THE SERVICE; (ii) THE COST OF PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS AND SERVICES RESULTING FROM ANY GOODS, DATA, INFORMATION OR SERVICES PURCHASED OR OBTAINED OR MESSAGES RECEIVED OR TRANSACTIONS ENTERED INTO THROUGH OR FROM THE SERVICE; (iii) UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO OR ALTERATION OF YOUR TRANSMISSIONS OR DATA; (iv) STATEMENTS OR CONDUCT OF ANY THIRD PARTY ON THE SERVICE; OR (v) ANY OTHER MATTER RELATING TO THE SERVICE.

19. EXCLUSIONS AND LIMITATIONS

SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF CERTAIN WARRANTIES OR THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES. ACCORDINGLY, SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OF SECTIONS 17 AND 18 MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.

20. NO THIRD PARTY BENEFICIARIES

You agree that, except as otherwise expressly provided in this TOS, there shall be no third party beneficiaries to this Agreement.

21. NOTICE

RHP may provide you with notices, including those regarding changes to the TOS, by either email or messages on the Service.

22. NOTICE AND PROCEDURE FOR MAKING CLAIMS OF COPYRIGHT OR INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY INFRINGEMENT

RHP respects the intellectual property of others, and we ask our users to do the same. RHP may, in appropriate circumstances and at its discretion, disable and/or terminate the accounts of users who may be repeat infringers. If you believe that your work has been copied in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, or your intellectual property rights have been otherwise violated, please provide RHP's adminsitrators with the following information:

An electronic or physical signature of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright or other intellectual property interest;

A description of the copyrighted work or other intellectual property that you claim has been infringed;

A description of where the material that you claim is infringing is located on the site;

Your address, telephone number, and email address;

A statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law;

A statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information in your Notice is accurate and that you are the copyright or intellectual property owner or authorized to act on the copyright or intellectual property owner's behalf.

RHP's Agent for Notice of claims of copyright or other intellectual property infringement can be reached as follows:

By email: copyright @ redhotpawn.com

23. VIOLATIONS

Please report any violations of the TOS to the site administrators."
    ___________________________________________________//
  13. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    20 Sep '15 14:522 edits
    Originally posted by Schlecter
    I agree with this, chess960 is a great chess variant.

And many people in RHP like to play in that way

So implementing a right castling right now will be very helpful

Now in my case If I were the owner....

I am thinking about free features for non-suscriber:

so a free ladder of 3 days
    many open tournaments for both subscribers and non-suscribers (1 or 2 / month)
    I agree as well. Another consideration is that 960 games which are all by definition
    unrated now should possibly provide the option of rated games as well.
  14. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    20 Sep '15 15:341 edit
    [W]hat you or I or any other mother's son or daughter contributing to this online public forum thread would do is the salient and only issue being discussed; neither Russ nor his "lawyers" are in the least involved in these proceedings. The only focal point is what would you do if "[b]You Personally Owned Red Hot Pawn?[/b]
    You can't possibly say this has nothing to do with Russ, Grampy Bobby. On page 2 you said: " In due time, serious critique (would be produced) which evaluates and summarizes viable suggestions for Russ to consider" and then a little later "Hopefully [Russ'll] see this thread."

Was your suggestion [that you would/he should ..."retain a reputable law firm to review the desirability of including a brief statement regarding an expectation of civility in my forum guidelines and terms of service"] a "viable suggestion" for Russ to consider, do you think?
  15. Subscriberrookie54
    free tazer tickles..
    wildly content...
    Moves
    20 Sep '15 17:02
    pass a law,
    make me be civil...
    i'll stick a pin inna voodoo doll,
    and watch as yer testicles shrivel...

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree