If you travelled 400 yrs into the future

If you travelled 400 yrs into the future

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
27 Mar 21
2 edits

@fmf said
How many people in Britain would pass the 'Even 12 Generations Separation Over The Last 400 Tears Is Not Enough Test'?
Perhaps someone from Britain would have the answer it certainly wasn't 20 as you indicated. God knows how many of our relations we have had relations with, excuse the intended pun. 🙂

Of course that would be without even knowing it the question put was if you knew it was a relation? That many generations I don't think would matter how the children would turn out, just knowing you were related to the person would really throw me I believe.

-VR

Moves
27 Mar 21
1 edit

@vivify said
You travelled 400 years into the future and saw the most beautiful woman you've ever seen, who falls in love in with you. You then find out she's a distant grand-daughter of yours.

Would you have relations with her?
It's interesting that people seem to be assuming that these relations would be sexual in nature.

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
27 Mar 21

@kevin-eleven said
It's interesting that people seem to be jumping to the conclusion that these relations would be sexual in nature.
Here is the original question k-11

You travelled 400 years into the future and saw the most beautiful woman you've ever seen, who falls in love in with you. You then find out she's a distant grand-daughter of yours.

What do you think was meant, if not of a sexual nature?

-VR

Moves
27 Mar 21

@very-rusty said
Here is the original question k-11

What do you think was meant, if not of a sexual nature?

-VR
It's an assumption I also made initially, but the OP does not actually say that explicitly.

And it is possible to have someone fall in love with you, and decide to maintain some sort of relationship with them even if you have no interest in a sexual relationship with them.

Resident of Planet X

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
27 Mar 21

@vivify

Does she have a Ferrari?

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
27 Mar 21
2 edits

@kevin-eleven said
It's an assumption I also made initially, but the OP does not actually say that explicitly.

And it is possible to have someone fall in love with you, and decide to maintain some sort of relationship with them even if you have no interest in a sexual relationship with them.
I guess only the OP knows for sure what he meant, but came across as he was asking the question if a sexual relationship would happen. After that long would it really matter? There are so many questions. 😉 Will we even be here in 400 years?

-VR

Resident of Planet X

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
27 Mar 21

@very-rusty said
I guess only the OP knows for sure what he meant, but came across as he was asking the question if a sexual relationship would happen. After that long would it really matter? There are so many questions. 😉 Will we even be here in 400 years?

-VR
I won't. I'll be on Mars.

Moves
27 Mar 21

@ghost-of-a-duke said
I won't. I'll be on Mars.
Me, too. Cheers!

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
27 Mar 21

Some of us will not be here in the next 20-30 years, lets not get too far ahead of ourselves. 🙂

-VR

Pawn Whisperer

My Kingdom fora Pawn

Moves
27 Mar 21

@vivify - Would you have relations with her?

It would be proper only if you are Royalty 🙂

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
27 Mar 21

@earl-of-trumps said

OMG....You just didn't go there did you Earl?.....LOL....

-VR

SRB

Moves
27 Mar 21
1 edit

You are descended from 2 to power x ancestors where x is the number of generations.

Going backwards if you count each generation as about 20 years gap you realise you don't have to go back very far before the number of ancestors equals the entire population of the UK at that time.

This is why the current trend for tracing ancestry is so phoney. You could follow any one of these lines to anybody, but of course only certain lines are recorded. So you are inevitably steered down a branch that kept records: nobility; generations old family businesses or obscure religious orders and all the kind of stuff people find interesting, cos that's where the available records have steered you.

Descended from King Alfred? Me too. 😁 We'd better not start a relationship. 😌

rain

Moves
27 Mar 21

@ghost-of-a-duke said
@vivify

Does she have a Ferrari?
Yes.

Resident of Planet X

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
27 Mar 21

@vivify said
Yes.
When it comes down to it, that's all that really matters.

Moves
27 Mar 21

@earl-of-trumps said

😆