If you were Russ...

If you were Russ...

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
27 Jun 08

Originally posted by HandyAndy
You've got me pegged, GB. I confess to being myopic.

And right now you look really fuzzy.
Okay. Glad you're coming back to your senses. Tomato juice might

help neutralize the effect of dehydration upon the fuzzy eyes. Later.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
27 Jun 08

Originally posted by leisurelysloth
...I'd shoot myself, right after reading this thread. 😛

....Now that I've done my little part to post a frivolous reply and turn Grampy Bobby into Grumpy Bobby, I suppose you're going to want a serious answer as well.

It seems to me that overall Russ and gang have created a nice little chess site here. Simply the fact that it's lasted as lo ...[text shortened]... ed to criticize, then I'm not sure what I'd focus on to feel like I had a valid gripe.
One of the more reasoned and sensible posts today. I salute you.

J
Irresponsible Quoter

0 games mating

Moves
27 Jun 08

I appreciate this site.
I like GB threads and the furor they arouse. (morbid? Perhaps!)
The repartee that is Phlab, the flames that RN baits...
I lurk in all of the fora here and enjoy it all!

We all put on a persona based on what response we anticipate or wish to
elicit from others. The fact that some are more honest, or perhaps more acidic, morose, or suffer from diarrhea of the typing fingers (or finger...)
is a reason to enjoy reading the forums here. The mods volunteer from what I understand and do their part to nix the occasional (unless your reading the debates or clan threads) obscenities, so they and the system are working just fine. You don't buy half of the stuff you look at in a magazine rack, so you don't have to read and post in anything here you don't want to... Game moderation issues are not a subject I can address with my current skill level of course, so I just submit that without this site I'd have no "games waiting" or even any "games in progress".

Keep up the inane, acidic and morose posts.... We can sort it out!
-J

Moves
27 Jun 08

Moves
27 Jun 08

Lord

Sewers of Holland

Moves
27 Jun 08

Lord

Sewers of Holland

Moves
27 Jun 08

Lord

Sewers of Holland

Moves
27 Jun 08

I'd stop the ban they have on certain, beautiful (mainly Anglo-Saxon) words in the fora.

Language is expression and some words express things in ways which other words just cannot. It undermines language and creativity to appease simplistic American and English false morality.

False, because on one hand they say we shouldn't say "mammary protuberances" in front of a 10 year old, but it is alright to go over to Baghdad and bomb 10 year olds to smithereens.

Besides the morality and finger wagging associated with front bums and willies, in countries where language isn't an issue guarded by religious bigotry and working class ignorance, you have lower teenage pregnancy rates, less swearing and less aggression...

Go figure.

It would be really becoming of an elitist site, such as this chess site, to tell the Christians and moral do-gooders where they can stuff their crappy censorship: RIGHT UP THEIR COPULATING ARSES!

Moves
27 Jun 08

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
27 Jun 08

The post that was quoted here has been removed
Tim, here's what you need to know today. This thread has nothing whatsoever to do with my opinions. It does have everything to do with

effective conduct of the RHP Business Venture and constructive input (on one of its many challenges) from its thoughtful and insightful

members. Presuming to insert my strongly held opinions would serve only to shift the focus and cause the conversation to degenerate.

Remember, the strong deal objectively with worthwhile issues while the weak gravitate to subjective personality attack. You must realize by

now that I've been around the block a few too many times to ever chomp on cheap conversational bait or fall for the diversionary tactics

and sucker punches of debaters' technique. Now, you should be able to grasp the reason for my reluctance to toss in informed opinions

prematurely. However, in deference to your insistence, I will be happy to do so once this issue focused thread has outlived its usefulness.

In the meanwhile, Tim, try to be patient. Patience is still one of the noble virtues. Patience is also one of the hallmarks of manliness.

-gb

Moves
27 Jun 08

Read a book!

Moves
27 Jun 08

Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
Tim, here's what you need to know today. This thread has nothing whatsoever to do with my opinions. It does have everything to do with

effective conduct of the RHP Business Venture and constructive input (on one of its many challenges) from its thoughtful and insightful

members. Presuming to insert my strongly held opinions would serve only to sh ...[text shortened]... ill one of the noble virtues. Patience is also one of the hallmarks of manliness.

-gb
Pass the tomato juice..

w
If Theres Hell Below

We're All Gonna Go!

Moves
27 Jun 08

Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
'PROBLEM' = WORMWOOD'S WORD. Once again, initial post simply

asked for viewpoints on short and long term resolution of RHP Site

moderation issues. They are industry generic in nature, not unique.
it's obvious now that you were simply trolling. trying to stir up trouble, without a slightest intention of ever bringing forward what 'issues' you have with moderation.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
27 Jun 08

Originally posted by wormwood
it's obvious now that you were simply trolling. trying to stir up trouble, without a slightest intention of ever bringing forward what 'issues' you have with moderation.
Wormwood, I have no personal issues with RHP site moderation. Never have. On the other hand, as a Fortune 100

business retiree, I do have empathy for the considerable short and long term challenges Russ and Chris face.

P
Mystic Meg

tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4

Moves
27 Jun 08

I wish there were a resolution to GB's issues.

I didn't say problem, so don't be trolling me putting words in my mouth.

Or anything at all in my mouth for that matter, you got that Epic?!

P-