If you were Russ...

If you were Russ...

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SS

Moves
26 Jun 08
1 edit

e
Black Mark

walking to and fro

Moves
26 Jun 08

The post that was quoted here has been removed
I miss him:'(

S
🙏🏻

Some other realm

Moves
26 Jun 08

Originally posted by Red Night
I just had another post removed in another thread.

Why bother, bobby.

The Mods want this forum for themselves and their 30-odd moronic friends.

I say let them have it.

It cannot possibly be as important to a normal human being as it is to them.
Do you think that writing and posting abusive comments is ok? You complain but you litter the forums with complaints, whining and name-calling. Why is that alright when you do it?

S
🙏🏻

Some other realm

Moves
26 Jun 08

Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
If you were Russ...

If you were Russ and/or Chris, how would you approach short and long term resolution of RHP Site moderation issues?

One simple courtesy request: Please find other sandboxes to jest, fixate and fight in. Only thoughtful replies go here.

Thanks.
Gramps, just being funny. Be fair, you cannot control the replies you get in any thread. You can request, but it doesn't mean you get what you want.

🙂

w
If Theres Hell Below

We're All Gonna Go!

Moves
26 Jun 08

Hey, Worm, we've all got our shortcomings and unsightly warts on our

noses. Mine are probably bigger and uglier than most. Please forgive.
shortcomings are no problem, I never carry a grudge and am always willing to reconsider character judgments if a change appears. the problem is, I see no change, you just keep spewing these threads just to hear your own voice.

i
SelfProclaimedTitler

Moves
26 Jun 08
1 edit

And then suddenly, there was Silence and Peace. Everybody where stunned and surprised but they slowly started to enjoy and understand the messagers of good will, Peace and Silence, the brothers of Goodness.

* * * This thread would now like to see itself closed * * *

aw
Baby Gauss

Ceres

Moves
26 Jun 08

Originally posted by ivan2908
And then suddenly, there was Silence and Peace. Everybody where stunned and surprised but they slowly started to enjoy and understand the messagers of good will, Peace and Silence, the brothers of Goodness.

* * * This thread would now like to see itself closed * * *
Oh yeah?!

You and me at the blitz site right here, right now!

😛

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
26 Jun 08

Originally posted by Red Night
I just had another post removed in another thread.

Why bother, bobby.

The Mods want this forum for themselves and their 30-odd moronic friends.

I say let them have it.

It cannot possibly be as important to a normal human being as it is to them.
Red, need to take exception with you on one small but important matter. Some people in our periphery at work or in our social circle

or on the RHP General or Idea Forum (no matter how irritating or bothersome or obnoxious they may occasionaly be) are far more

to be pitied than scorned. Why? I'm here to remind you, Red, and to tell anybody else who will listen precisely why. These very young

and immature people (of both gender persuasions) suffer from a cumulative loss of defined individuality, self assurance and self

esteem. So what compensatory behavior results? Sad but simple... they of necessity gradually seek group identity. Then what happens?

When somebody abdicates their selfhood to join a gang or become part of a pack or to run with some mindless herd, their thinking

undergoes inexorable change. Their will becomes subordinate to the common dictates and sympathies of the herd. Guess what next?

In exchange for the security of the group identity one and all, will eventually, take some silent pledge to wear a common mask. If you

run with a headlong herd, all you ever see is the hindquarter of the herd member just in front of you... a mirror image of your mask.

-gb

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
26 Jun 08

Originally posted by wormwood
shortcomings are no problem, I never carry a grudge and am always willing to reconsider character judgments if a change appears. the problem is, I see no change, you just keep spewing these threads just to hear your own voice.
Nobody's threads are everybody else's cup of tea. No need to read mine. Just pick and choose, Worm.

By the way, good friend Seitse is earnestly inviting posting action on his threads. Trot on over there.

😀

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
26 Jun 08
2 edits

The post that was quoted here has been removed
Of course, Tim, I have a few opinions and insights and ideas. Usually let them incubate until they're ready for market. Then communicate

them piecemeal or wholesale depending on need to know criteria and the capacity of the listener (try to avoid tossing pearls to the swine).

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
26 Jun 08

Originally posted by epic0002
I miss him:'(
Epic, the guy lives almost in your back forty. Probably enjoy a visit.

😀

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
26 Jun 08

Originally posted by Sunburnt
Gramps, just being funny. Be fair, you cannot control the replies you get in any thread. You can request, but it doesn't mean you get what you want.

🙂
You are a consumate realist and you are right. Still as a matter of

polite protocol requested the courtesy, knowing the answer full well.

Nearing 250000...!

Moves
26 Jun 08

I would sell the lot.

What would you offer me?

p

tinyurl.com/ywohm

Moves
26 Jun 08

Red, need to take exception with you on one small but important matter. Some people in our periphery at work or in our social circle

or on the RHP General or Idea Forum (no matter how irritating or bothersome or obnoxious they may occasionaly be) are far more

to be pitied than scorned. Why? I'm here to remind you, Red, and to tell anybody else who ...[text shortened]... hindquarter of the herd member just in front of you... a mirror image of your mask.

-gb
I'd write "codswollop" but I don't actually know how to spell it. How do you know this is the case? People often hang out with others who think like them; I've known VERY few over the years who actually changed their thinking to go along with some group. But I'm perfectly willing to have you point out who among the RHPers who had one way of thinking and decided to join a group of people who thought differently and changed accordingly for some ephemeral "sense of belonging" with people who are really a bunch of ones and zeros on a backlit screen.

For example, being a whole and multifaceted person, I get along with some people whom I connect to due to our commonality of X, while with others I connect because of Y. Others I dislike because I feel so strongly about Z that it is a barrier to whatever else we might have in common. If I speak out on X and so do a ton of other people, it doesn't mean that the Wizard is behind a curtain manipulating us; it means that we share a common opinion. If I like jazz, it doesn't mean that I only like jazz or that the only reason I like it is because someone else does.

If I DID feel the need to paint the broad generalizations of the folks on the site, I'd point out that chess players seem to belie your group-think mentality -- as a group. If they wanted to belong as much as you claim they do, they'd find some less geeky and more socially acceptable hobby, like watching "What Not To Wear" or painting their chests to go to some football game. Oh, wait. Some do.

It's a fallacy to assume that because people react a certain way or say certain thing that they are mindless puppets. The fact that a lot of people say or think something doesn't make it less true or less of an independent opinion.

Read a book!

Moves
26 Jun 08

You're an astute guy, Andy. There's no way you need to be pablum fed.
Humor me. Your original question makes no sense. What do you mean by "site moderation issues," or do we need to guess? Are the moderators too strict? Are they too lenient? Do they favor their friends and plague their enemies? Do you think it's a serious problem? If you want others to offer opinions, it might help if you begin by offering yours. Communicate.