International Women's Day

International Women's Day

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

S
Caninus Interruptus

Moves
13 Mar 14

Things like "International Woman's Day" and "Black History Month" etc. always sound to me like telling the groups "yes, society sucks for you in many different ways. Here, have this crappy little holiday that nobody cares about as compensation."

If I were a member of either group (or any of the others that get these 'pity' holidays) I'd never recognize them.

Read a book!

Moves
13 Mar 14

Originally posted by SwissGambit
Things like "International Woman's Day" and "Black History Month" etc. always sound to me like telling the groups "yes, society sucks for you in many different ways. Here, have this crappy little holiday that nobody cares about as compensation."

If I were a member of either group (or any of the others that get these 'pity' holidays) I'd never recognize them.
Even Labor Day?

M

Moves
13 Mar 14

Originally posted by Nick Bourbaki
I asked Merlion "Are you sure of Duchess64's gender?"
No. I never assumed it, never said it, and I don't care.

In theory this is a place for chess players. One of my favorite things about playing chess here is that the his/her he/she pronouns have no value. Does not matter. Chess player is enough.

NB
Son of FMF

In front of the TV

Moves
13 Mar 14

Originally posted by Merlion
No. I never assumed it, never said it, and I don't care.

In theory this is a place for chess players. One of my favorite things about playing chess here is that the his/her he/she pronouns have no value. Does not matter. Chess player is enough.
This is a discussion forum. Someone passing himself off as a woman and playing the Sexual Harassment card and the Misogyny Card in a petty, drop-of-a-hat, land-a-punch a.s.a.p. kind of way, and doing so on a very regular basis across various forums and threads, is a matter of interest. All the supporters of efforts to reduce domestic violence and advance the status of women etc. etc. that I have known, have had nothing but contempt for such silliness and lame victimhood, seeing it as something that undermines and taints an important cause, and one that affects real women living real lives. I think it's a matter of interest. 🙂

NB
Son of FMF

In front of the TV

Moves
14 Mar 14

The post that was quoted here has been removed
You seem here to be suggesting that divegeester - who (like Merlion) has no way of knowing what your real gender is - subjected you to "sexual harassment, intimidation, or bullying". Now that you know that he was simply using a jocular catch phrase from one of the UK's most famous sitcoms ever and that, as Rank Outsider has pointed out, "It is generally a phrase delivered by a man towards another man", are you going to apologise to divegeester?

Read a book!

Moves
14 Mar 14

This is a discussion forum. Someone passing himself off as a woman and playing the Sexual Harassment card and the Misogyny Card in a petty, drop-of-a-hat, land-a-punch a.s.a.p. kind of way, and doing so on a very regular basis across various forums and threads, is a matter of interest.
My, my.. you've learned a lot in 24 hours.

NB
Son of FMF

In front of the TV

Moves
14 Mar 14

Originally posted by HandyAndy
My, my.. you've learned a lot in 24 hours.
When a poster asked "Are you a bit of a weirdo or are you just being like this for a bet?" it struck a chord. I got a couple of PMs and I looked here http://www.redhotpawn.com/board/search.php?authorname=Duchess64 and the poster's MO is hilarious.

Moves
14 Mar 14

When a poster asked "Are you a bit of a weirdo or are you just being like this for a bet?" it struck a chord. I got a couple of PMs and I looked here http://www.redhotpawn.com/board/search.php?authorname=Duchess64 and the poster's MO is hilarious.
You really seem to know your way around RHP, considering your profile.

Read a book!

Moves
14 Mar 14

Good work! Are you a private eye in real life?

NB
Son of FMF

In front of the TV

Moves
14 Mar 14

Good work! Are you a private eye in real life?
A professional Charades Party organizer.

C
Cowboy From Hell

American West

Moves
14 Mar 14

Does your last name mean Bourbon in Polish?

C
Cowboy From Hell

American West

Moves
14 Mar 14
1 edit

NB
Son of FMF

In front of the TV

Moves
14 Mar 14

Originally posted by ChessPraxis
Does your last name mean Bourbon in Polish?
If there's a bit of bourbon involved, I can be whoever people want, even if they're Poles.

Read a book!

Moves
14 Mar 14

The post that was quoted here has been removed
FMF

S
Caninus Interruptus

Moves
14 Mar 14
1 edit

Even Labor Day?
That one I get off of work with pay, thus elevating it from 'crappy' status to something that actually benefits me in some way.