Go back
Issues with the site

Issues with the site

General

Vote Up
Vote Down

In Tasmania

All day have been having issues with:

Hmmm...can't reach this page

RHP took too long to respond

pages taking ages if they eventually load.

1 edit
Vote Up
Vote Down

@Martin said
In Tasmania

All day have been having issues with:

Hmmm...can't reach this page

RHP took too long to respond

pages taking ages if they eventually load.
Hello Martin,

you want to look here:

Thread 205985

Vote Up
Vote Down

It is the same issue, a never ending malicious attack on the site. I'm having to find the fine line between accidentally blocking people and stopping the flood of traffic.

Vote Up
Vote Down

@Russ said
It is the same issue, a never ending malicious attack on the site. I'm having to find the fine line between accidentally blocking people and stopping the flood of traffic.
Thanks Russ; all the best with sorting it out.

Martin

Vote Up
Vote Down

@Ponderable


👍 Cheers


I've noticed that all of the old chess sites that are doing updates or have updated have been littered with bugs and glitches.

Some sites became unplayable and shut down while some others became unplayable on mobile.

Apps work fine but using a website on mobile devices is a pain in the ass. Nothing but problems for Android devices. I blame the browsers with all of the changes or updates.

I spent over 300 dollars on chess books at chesstempo and since the new updates came out I haven't been able to enjoy those books unless I go buy a huge, in the way desktop computer.

I haven't even seen a desktop computer for more than 20 years and I haven't seen a laptop in almost 10 years but chess sites keep thinking everyone uses a desktop just because the pros use them.

99 percent of all chess played is on mobile apps or links to websites.

Yes, I know the boomers still use their ancient desktop computers so spare me your comments.

Chess websites+ mobile devices = sucks


@Radish

Hello and welcome, we have heard you. And I speak only for myself when I say I think the RHP-app is working wonderful as long as playing chess is the main point.


@Radish said
spare me your comments
lol

no


@Radish said
I've noticed that all of the old chess sites that are doing updates or have updated have been littered with bugs and glitches.

Some sites became unplayable and shut down while some others became unplayable on mobile.

Apps work fine but using a website on mobile devices is a pain in the ass. Nothing but problems for Android devices. I blame the browsers with all of the ch ...[text shortened]... their ancient desktop computers so spare me your comments.

Chess websites+ mobile devices = sucks
A post like that, and yet within it you mock boomers.

The irony.