1. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    17 Mar '24 14:34
    @suzianne said
    Let's see them kill people with, say, a rubber band.

The gun is intrinsic in the deaths. They make killing too easy.
    It doesn't matter how many laws they make Guns will always be around and people will always get them.

-VR
  2. SubscriberDrewnogal
    Constant Gardener
    The Plot
    Moves
    17 Mar '24 14:39
    @very-rusty said
    It doesn't matter how many laws they make Guns will always be around and people will always get them.

-VR
    It’s tragic. The USA, such a beautiful country where sadly the school kids have to grow up in fear of experiencing this.
  3. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    17 Mar '24 14:53
    @drewnogal said
    It’s tragic. The USA, such a beautiful country where sadly the school kids have to grow up in fear of experiencing this.
    Ya know what’s really sad is, that kids as yong as 6-7 show up in school with a gun. I mean come on.😡
  4. Gothenburg
    Moves
    17 Mar '24 15:412 edits
    @great-big-stees said
    Ya know what’s really sad is, that kids as yong as 6-7 show up in school with a gun. I mean come on.😡
    The latest development is kids being recruited by criminal gangs in schools because they are outside of family control and easy prey - they will run errands and even help cause explosions and other things. They are underage and get lighter punishment if caught.
  5. Joined
    14 Jan '19
    Moves
    17 Mar '24 15:44
    @drewnogal said
    As they say, Beauty is in the eye of the beholder! Apparently, it's not all so beautiful. But then beauty is not permanent, no, not even in the eye of the beholder.

As it was once said by a 4-term president of America, the Beautiful: The Only Thing We Have to Fear is Fear Itself.

YouTube
  6. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    28 Mar '24 20:27
    @very-rusty said
    ...because gun nuts keep saying that no matter how many laws they make, people will have guns, and therefore there are no laws so nothing is done about the guns or the gun nuts.

I'm all for it. The more Merkins shoot one another or themselves, the better for the civilised world. By all means, you keep gunning on, have at yourselves.
  7. SubscriberEarl of Trumps
    Pawn Whisperer
    My Kingdom fora Pawn
    Moves
    28 Mar '24 20:54
    @torunn said
    The latest development is kids being recruited by criminal gangs in schools because they are outside of family control and easy prey - they will run errands and even help cause explosions and other things. They are underage and get lighter punishment if caught.
    Torunn "They are underage and get lighter punishment if caught."

Exactly, Torunn. Those criminals know what they are doing. Hire the underage to do it.
  8. SubscriberEarl of Trumps
    Pawn Whisperer
    My Kingdom fora Pawn
    Moves
    28 Mar '24 20:59
    @shallow-blue said
    ...because gun nuts keep saying that no matter how many laws they make, people will have guns, and therefore there are no laws so nothing is done about the guns or the gun nuts.

I'm all for it. The more Merkins shoot one another or themselves, the better for the civilised world. By all means, you keep gunning on, have at yourselves.
    What Rusty said was right, I really think.

If they banned guns *at this point*, people will make them in the basement and sell onto the black market.
  9. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    28 Mar '24 21:22
    Everyone should by law be forced to.carry a gun. The pandemic didn't remove enough of the population.
  10. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    28 Mar '24 22:14
    I wouldn't wish dead on anyone but there are some if they passed, I wouldn't lose sleep over. 🙂

-VR
  11. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    29 Mar '24 16:49
    @earl-of-trumps said
    If they banned guns *at this point*, people will make them in the basement and sell onto the black market.
    Yeah, because building an AR-50 that does not blow up in your face is a great project to do with your 10-year-old.
  12. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    29 Mar '24 17:48
    @earl-of-trumps said
    Torunn "They are underage and get lighter punishment if caught."

Exactly, Torunn. Those criminals know what they are doing. Hire the underage to do it.
    Perhaps they should give the children tougher punishment which would make it more difficult for the hardened Criminals to get them to do illegal things.

-VR
  13. SubscriberEarl of Trumps
    Pawn Whisperer
    My Kingdom fora Pawn
    Moves
    29 Mar '24 22:46
    @shallow-blue said
    Yeah, because building an AR-50 that does not blow up in your face is a great project to do with your 10-year-old.
    lol that's funny.

But let's think about it... does the mafioso guy let his son see him shoot and kill someone? No, of course not.

The way I *think* it would be done, is to farm out the many pieces to be machined and then
    send them all to a central location where they are assembled. the $$$ would be staggering.

Guns are here to stay, thank god
  14. SubscriberEarl of Trumps
    Pawn Whisperer
    My Kingdom fora Pawn
    Moves
    29 Mar '24 22:48
    @very-rusty said
    Perhaps they should give the children tougher punishment which would make it more difficult for the hardened Criminals to get them to do illegal things.

-VR
    That legislation would never pass, rusty.
  15. Gothenburg
    Moves
    30 Mar '24 07:031 edit
    @very-rusty said

-VR
    The first step is to make sure that children are well taken care of at home and in school - any sign of neglect should be recognized and action taken. This will cost a lot of money and that's why we have high taxation. Children - our most important asset.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree