1. Standard memberyo its me
    Yo! Its been
    Me, all along
    Moves
    10 Jun '23 07:52
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    I'm fuelled more by boredom than inspiration. (Became quite prolific, in my writing, during lockdown). I was once inspired to write a masterpiece, while holidaying in Paris, but rather foolishly didn't write down the 'amazing idea' I had, and to this day can't remember what it was.
    That must be gutting, as a creator: to know there was an idea you felt was fantastic and its slipped away.
    I was a textile designer, very briefly, and I remember waking up and needing to get my ideas down in my sketch pad before they faded.
    I miss that. I'd forgotten about that. I miss designing actually, it's an nice place to take your mind.
  2. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    10 Jun '23 08:01
    @yo-its-me said
    That must be gutting, as a creator: to know there was an idea you felt was fantastic and its slipped away.
    I was a textile designer, very briefly, and I remember waking up and needing to get my ideas down in my sketch pad before they faded.
    I miss that. I'd forgotten about that. I miss designing actually, it's an nice place to take your mind.
    Maybe you should get back into it, even if just as a hobby?

The secret to happiness is identifying or rediscovering the thing you enjoy (or have enjoyed) and doing more of it.
  3. Standard memberyo its me
    Yo! Its been
    Me, all along
    Moves
    10 Jun '23 08:11
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    Maybe you should get back into it, even if just as a hobby?

The secret to happiness is identifying or rediscovering the thing you enjoy (or have enjoyed) and doing more of it.
    Yes, I agree.
    I took up pottery again recently.
    The thing with textile design is, for me at least, all consuming in the planning. Screen printing takes a lot of space. I have been sewing, but I don't have the head space right now to think out my ideas to my satisfaction.

Did you know Jonny Deep has made Screen prints? I saw one in an art gallery shop yesterday in York. I was a bit disappointed tbh. But he's a fantastic actor. Really hard to put your mind fully to more than one thing at a time I think.

But, anyway, very much enjoying my job and my life otherwise. Perhaps when I retire!
  4. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    10 Jun '23 08:14
    @yo-its-me said
    Yes, I agree.
    I took up pottery again recently.
    The thing with textile design is, for me at least, all consuming in the planning. Screen printing takes a lot of space. I have been sewing, but I don't have the head space right now to think out my ideas to my satisfaction.

Did you know Jonny Deep has made Screen prints? I saw one in an art gallery shop yesterday in Yor ...[text shortened]... me I think.

But, anyway, very much enjoying my job and my life otherwise. Perhaps when I retire!
    I don't think Ben Affleck Screen prints...
  5. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    10 Jun '23 08:15
    @yo-its-me said
    Don't you meet colleagues?

I was inspired by everyone I spoke with tbh.
    I don't want to say too much about my job, but the key note speaker was Eleanor Sharpston KC which will tell you something about what I do. I've been doing this job for 10 years, it's a very rewarding job but I have too much work to do and that, for me, has meant little things get left so I can con ...[text shortened]... job where I see marginalised population members and yesterday was hopeful where I had felt resigned.
    I meet colleagues all the time, yes.

I wasn’t asking you about your job or anything personal, don’t be so precious. I was responding your own OP question “when were you you last inspired and what will you do with it?”

Still don’t know, but don’t worry about it.
  6. Standard memberyo its me
    Yo! Its been
    Me, all along
    Moves
    10 Jun '23 08:16
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    I don't think Ben Affleck Screen prints...
    😄
  7. Standard memberyo its me
    Yo! Its been
    Me, all along
    Moves
    10 Jun '23 08:19
    @divegeester said
    I meet colleagues all the time, yes.

I wasn’t asking you about your job or anything personal, don’t be so precious. I was responding your own OP question “when were you you last inspired and what will you do with it?”

Still don’t know, but don’t worry about it.
    You didn't get from my post that I feel hope for the marginalised people I work with, where I had felt resignation. And I'm inspired to do the time consuming bits of my job that I've been neglecting because collecting the data is important?

But your colleagues aren't inspirational?
    I wonder if that reflects on the type of sector you work in.
  8. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    10 Jun '23 08:20
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    I'm fuelled more by boredom than inspiration.
    Actually I like this Ghost. I too find inspiration in boredom because my mind becomes freer and my imagination has the space to roam and explore those things which the day to day stuff can block.
  9. Standard memberyo its me
    Yo! Its been
    Me, all along
    Moves
    10 Jun '23 08:23
    @divegeester said
    Actually I like this Ghost. I too find inspiration in boredom because my mind becomes freer and my imagination has the space to roam and explore those things which the day to day stuff can block.
    My mum used to say during the long summer school break, "I wish I had time to be bored", or "only boring people are bored in summer". I hated hearing that. It was to stop complaints. But, maybe it's true?
  10. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    10 Jun '23 08:331 edit
    @yo-its-me said
    You didn't get from my post that I feel hope for the marginalised people I work with, where I had felt resignation. And I'm inspired to do the time consuming bits of my job that I've been neglecting because collecting the data is important?

But your colleagues aren't inspirational?
    I wonder if that reflects on the type of sector you work in.
    What I immediately took from your post was that you wanted to talk about your job, but were saying (to me) you didn’t want to talk about your job. Posting a link to your conference lecturer and inferring that I do my own research into you job, while telling me you don’t want to talk about it put the hairs on the back of my neck up frankly.

Hence my reply “I’m not asking you about your job or personal information.” Please make up your mind if you want to discuss your job with me, or not..but don’t infer the former and then immediately say the other. I am NOT asking you for personal information but i am more than happy to discuss with you whatever is on you mind.

Anyway…

I perceive that what you have been inspired to do is be resilient, resourceful and diligent in gaining the facts which support your desire to help a sector of your local community I and I salute you in your efforts.

I didn’t say “I don’t meet with colleagues” and I didn’t say “I don’t find them inspirational”. If you are going to be inspired to collect and collate data, you will need to be a little better than this 😊
  11. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    10 Jun '23 08:35
    @yo-its-me said
    My mum used to say during the long summer school break, "I wish I had time to be bored", or "only boring people are bored in summer". I hated hearing that. It was to stop complaints. But, maybe it's true?
    One of my favourite things in the entire world and in fact a strong childhood memory is lying down in a field of long grass and just looking at the sky.
  12. Standard memberyo its me
    Yo! Its been
    Me, all along
    Moves
    10 Jun '23 08:39
    @divegeester said
    What I immediately took from your post was that you wanted to talk about your job, but were saying (to me) you didn’t want to talk about your job. Posting a link to your conference lecturer and inferring that I do my own research into you job, while telling me you don’t want to talk about it put the hairs on the back of my neck up frankly.

Hence my reply “I’m not as ...[text shortened]... re going to be inspired to collect and collate data, you will need to be a little better than this 😊
    #scoff#
    Always so contrary Dive!
    I felt inspired and I wanted to share that positive feeling.
    There was no hidden agenda, I wasn't asking you to fish for info on who I am. You're on my Facebook for goodness sake!
  13. Standard memberyo its me
    Yo! Its been
    Me, all along
    Moves
    10 Jun '23 08:39
    @divegeester said
    One of my favourite things in the entire world and in fact a strong childhood memory is lying down in a field of long grass and just looking at the sky.
    Beautiful
  14. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    10 Jun '23 08:44
    @yo-its-me said
    #scoff#
    Always so contrary Dive!
    I felt inspired and I wanted to share that positive feeling.
    There was no hidden agenda, I wasn't asking you to fish for info on who I am. You're on my Facebook for goodness sake!
    Fair enough 🙂

I just watch my back and my step when I feel I’m getting coached into researching something about a person who doesn’t want to discuss it, especially females in here. Surely you can see that perspective.

If you know me, then you’ll know me. Mostly harmless.
  15. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    10 Jun '23 08:45
    @yo-its-me said
    Beautiful
    One of the greatest pleasures in life is to be able to find the time to do absolutely nothing at all in a beautiful and peaceful place.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree