1. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    03 Jun '16 14:102 edits
    Originally posted by FMF
    I think the motive is a desire to assert himself (in his own mind) by acting passive aggressively in an effort to compensate, in a rather odd sort of way, for not being able to offer originality or to engage sincerely and flexibly most of the lively and active and differently-ticking people here. 😉
    Always recruiting for your cause, aren't you?

Whatever will you do once he stops posting? You'll just have to come up with another Cause célèbre to keep from fading away and losing your will to live, I guess.

The way I see it, it's 50/50 that you will either descend upon another innocuous, well-meaning person (who doesn't fight back, of course) to denigrate and deride until they become a pariah, or you'll just degenerate into the classic crusty, cranky curmudgeon taking swipes at anyone and everyone ("Get off mah lawn!" -- "Damn kids!" ), always boring people with stories of your "glory days".
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    03 Jun '16 14:11
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    Always recruiting for your cause, aren't you?
    josephw said "it's not always obvious what one's motives are". I just think that sometimes it is. 😉
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    03 Jun '16 14:13
    The way I see it, it's 50/50 that you will either descend upon another innocuous, well-meaning person (who doesn't fight back, of course) to denigrate and deride until they become a pariah, or you'll just degenerate into the classic crusty, cranky curmudgeon taking swipes at anyone and everyone ("Get off mah lawn!" -- "Damn kids!" ), always boring people with stories of your "glory days".
    Thumbs up!
  4. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    03 Jun '16 14:14
    Originally posted by FMF
    josephw said "it's not always obvious what one's motives are". I just think that sometimes it is. 😉
    Especially when one has an agenda.
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    03 Jun '16 14:171 edit
    Especially when one has an agenda.
    Especially when Grampy Bobby's agenda and motive is always pretty obvious.
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    14 Jun '16 03:25
    A gangster on the take was executed as he sat in his car by his own organization. There were maybe 500 people within 30 yards of where he was sitting when he was killed - with three shots to the head - and yet no one noticed. How do you explain this?
  7. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    14 Jun '16 04:56
    Originally posted by FMF
    A gangster on the take was executed as he sat in his car by his own organization. There were maybe 500 people within 30 yards of where he was sitting when he was killed - with three shots to the head - and yet no one noticed. How do you explain this?
    He was parked on the top floor of a multi-storey car park?
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    14 Jun '16 05:01
    Originally posted by divegeester
    He was parked on the top floor of a multi-storey car park?
    Not bad. In fact, it may well be good enough. But it isn't as right as right can be. And it's my thread so I can say that if I want to.
  9. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Read a book!
    Moves
    14 Jun '16 20:40
    Originally posted by FMF
    Not bad. In fact, it may well be good enough. But it isn't as right as right can be. And it's my thread so I can say that if I want to.
    The sound of the shots was masked by construction going on nearby.
  10. Mar-a-Lago
    Moves
    14 Jun '16 22:01
    Originally posted by FMF
    The 500 people were staring intently at their mobile telephones logged onto RHP waiting for Grampy to post.
  11. Standard memberlemon lime
    itiswhatitis
    oLd ScHoOl
    Moves
    15 Jun '16 01:12
    Originally posted by FMF
    They were all facing away from the car except for the killer. And the killer had a silencer on his gun
  12. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    15 Jun '16 01:421 edit
    Oh my, you lovely people - HandyAndy, Captain Strange, lemon lime! Good and valid stabs at it but not quite what I'm looking for. Indulge me and The Truth I hold in my head. More clues: the (maybe) 500 people were also in cars and there's no doubt they heard the three shots.
  13. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    15 Jun '16 03:40
    Originally posted by FMF (OP)
    Two explorers were searching for minerals in a remote location. Suddenly they were attacked by vicious animals they had never encountered before. One explorer, panicking, rushed back to rejoin the rest of the team. The other one made his way back to safety slowly - despite being in mortal danger - by backing away gradually from the animals, never taking his ey ...[text shortened]... en he reached the team, even though he'd managed to escape from the animals.

Can you explain why?
    "Laterality"

An interesting word.
  14. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    15 Jun '16 03:54
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    "Laterality"

An interesting word.
    Thanks for saying so.
  15. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    15 Jun '16 06:20
    Originally posted by FMF
    Thanks for saying so.
    Its specific meaning within the context of this thread?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree