1. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    12 Dec '15 17:531 edit
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    On the side of "civilization" (civility) because the alternative of reverting to jungle savagery at home, our neighborhoods and online is unthinkable . And you?

In actual as well as metaphorical terms, it's an either or universal, dichotomous proposition. Why? Because any human being attempting to straddle the "line in the sand" runs the risk ...[text shortened]... pacitation of vital organs in the nether region of the body commonly referred to as the "groin".
    I'm still confused; this line in your OP divides your choice of "civilisation" from what?
  2. Standard memberSeitse
    Doug Stanhope
    That's Why I Drink
    Moves
    12 Dec '15 17:55

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

3. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    12 Dec '15 18:03
    Originally posted by divegeester
    I'm still confused; this line in your OP divides your choice of "civilisation" from what?
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby (OP)
    "There is no civilization that did not begin with art, Whether it was drawing a line in the sand, painting a cave or dancing." ~Toni Morrison "Everybody's life is either a warning or an example. You've got to decide what you're gonna be and you have to draw a line in the sand." ~Tony Robbins

On which side are you and why?"

Originally posted by divegeester
    "I'm still confused; this line in your OP divides your choice of "civilisation" from what?"

From "...reverting to jungle savagery at home, our neighborhoods and online [which] is unthinkable." (Page 1)
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    12 Dec '15 18:07
    "There is no civilization that did not begin with art, Whether it was drawing a line in the sand, painting a cave or dancing." ~Toni Morrison "Everybody's life is either a warning or an example. You've got to decide what you're gonna be and you have to draw a line in the sand." ~Tony Robbins ...[text shortened]... rting to jungle savagery at home, our neighborhoods and online [which] is unthinkable." (Page 1)
    Has someone upset you with what you think is "jungle savagery" here on the General Forum? Have you alerted the posts in question? What did Russ and his people say?
  5. Standard memberSeitse
    Doug Stanhope
    That's Why I Drink
    Moves
    12 Dec '15 18:461 edit

6. Account suspended
    Moves
    12 Dec '15 19:06
    A a a a a a Sietse FMF and Slobberjeester love triangle. . . . . . spew
  7. Standard memberSeitse
    Doug Stanhope
    That's Why I Drink
    Moves
    12 Dec '15 19:09

8. Account suspended
    Moves
    12 Dec '15 19:163 edits
    Originally posted by Seitse
    Being a puppet for the Lard implies that he has his hand up
    your rear. Which, considering who you are, may not be an
    uncomfortable situation at all.
    Its a rather a timid affair in comparison to you the Mexican drug mule drinking tequila from the belly button of the Indonesian ex pat while sloberjeester belly dances causing all and sundry to feel an overwhelming sense of seasickness as his belly wobbles too and fro like some floundering whale trying to navigate back to the sea.
  9. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    12 Dec '15 19:311 edit
    "There is no civilization that did not begin with art, Whether it was drawing a line in the sand, painting a cave or dancing." ~Toni Morrison "Everybody's life is either a warning or an example. You've got to decide what you're gonna be and you have to draw a line in the sand." ~Tony Robbins ...[text shortened]... rting to jungle savagery at home, our neighborhoods and online [which] is unthinkable." (Page 1)
    So you are saying that you prefer "civilisation" to "jungle savagery"?
  10. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    12 Dec '15 19:32
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    Its a rather a timid affair in comparison to you the Mexican drug mule drinking tequila from the belly button of the Indonesian ex pat while sloberjeester belly dances causing all and sundry to feel an overwhelming sense of seasickness as his belly wobbles too and fro like some floundering whale trying to navigate back to the sea.
    Do you prefer "civilisation" to "jungle savagery" robbie carrobie?
  11. Account suspended
    Moves
    12 Dec '15 21:17
    Bitchin about GB is just so lame man!
  12. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Read a book!
    Moves
    12 Dec '15 21:23
    Agreed. Set an example.
  13. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    12 Dec '15 23:31
    Originally posted by FMF
    What you quote Tony Robbins as saying in your OP is a completely ludicrous false dichotomy.
    Post three pages on why you think so.

With links.
  14. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    12 Dec '15 23:52
    Who is "bitchin" in this thread?
  15. Joined
    29 Nov '15
    Moves
    13 Dec '15 00:30
    "There is no civilization that did not begin with art, Whether it was drawing a line in the sand, painting a cave or dancing." ~Toni Morrison "Everybody's life is either a warning or an example. You've got to decide what you're gonna be and you have to draw a line in the sand." ~Tony Robbins

On which side are you and why?
    I'd always heard that it referred to an incident during the invasion of Egypt in 168 BC by Antiochus IV Epiphanes of Syria. The Egyptians appealed to Rome for help, and instead of sending an army, they sent a single envoy - Gaius Popillius Laenas. He met Antiochus about four miles from Alexandria, and in front of his whole army, drew a line in the sand around him. He told Antiochus it was the decision of the Roman Senate that he withdraw from Egypt. Antiochus wanted time to consider, but Poppilius demanded his answer before he stepped across the line. Antiochus withdrew his army to Syria.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree