1. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    18 Mar '18 07:36
    Originally posted by @mwmiller
    Most american's do not like either of them I guess. I'm in the US and it isn't a normal item in the grocery stores here in Wyoming, but now I'm curious about it, so may have to try and find some and give them both a taste test of my own.

From what I have seen, it should be spread very thinly on hot buttered toast.
    Vegemite. More salty!
  2. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    18 Mar '18 07:40
    Originally posted by @suzianne
    My reaction was something like, "I can't believe there are humans who actually like this."
    Its almost as if you cant bring yourself to believe we're Aussies

Good heavens . Do you seriously think we're that dumb?
  3. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    18 Mar '18 09:12
    Originally posted by @karoly-aczel
    Its almost as if you cant bring yourself to believe we're Aussies

Good heavens . Do you seriously think we're that dumb?
    Well,.....
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    18 Mar '18 12:32
    My reaction was something like, "I can't believe there are humans who actually like this."
    Oh dear, what dreary hyperbole, Suzianne. There are all kinds of foodstuffs around the world that are acquired tastes nestled securely and often bafflingly in diverse cultures, surely you know that? It's part of the very nature of "humans". Not everyone in the world is going to like wasabi, or anchovies, or Surstromming, or Marmite.
  5. Subscribermwmiller
    RHP Member No.16
    Moves
    18 Mar '18 13:44
    Originally posted by @fmf
    Oh dear, what dreary hyperbole, Suzianne. There are all kinds of foodstuffs around the world that are acquired tastes nestled securely and often bafflingly in diverse cultures, surely you know that? It's part of the very nature of "humans". Not everyone in the world is going to like wasabi, or anchovies, or Surstromming, or Marmite.
    And then if we keep looking we find haggis, sashimi, escargot, black pudding, rocky mountain oysters, balut, etc. I hope I spelled all of those correctly! Turns out almost everyone has something that is very strange! Like Julia used to say, "Bon Appétit"!
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    18 Mar '18 14:45
    And then if we keep looking we find haggis, sashimi, escargot, black pudding, rocky mountain oysters, balut, etc. I hope I spelled all of those correctly! Turns out almost everyone has something that is very strange! Like Julia used to say, "Bon Appétit"!
    Gee, what these "Humans" eat. Can you believe it?
  7. Subscribermwmiller
    RHP Member No.16
    Moves
    18 Mar '18 15:32
    Of the aforementioned items, I have only tried escargot and sashimi.

The escargot was one small bite, and I was cured of any further interest in that. It may have been better to not already know what it was before trying it.

The sashimi is usually excellent, but I have also had some that was terrible, so the vote is still out on that. I think it needs to be from certain kinds of fish in order to be good. A wasabi and soy sauce dip helps with sashimi.
  8. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    18 Mar '18 15:41
    Of the aforementioned items, I have only tried escargot and sashimi.

The escargot was one small bite, and I was cured of any further interest in that. It may have been better to not already know what it was before trying it.

The sashimi is usually excellent, but I have also had some that was terrible, so the vote is still out on that. I think it nee ...[text shortened]... e from certain kinds of fish in order to be good. A wasabi and soy sauce dip helps with sashimi.
    Turbot is the best fish for sashimi.
  9. Subscribermwmiller
    RHP Member No.16
    Moves
    18 Mar '18 15:56
    Originally posted by @ghost-of-a-duke
    Turbot is the best fish for sashimi.
    The best I have tried was tuna (yellow fin I think). It was a dark red meat.
    I had some another time that was white colored and it was not very good at all. They said it was tuna but I have no idea of which type of tuna it was.
  10. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    18 Mar '18 16:01
    The best I have tried was tuna (yellow fin I think). It was a dark red meat.
    I had some another time that was white colored and it was not very good at all. They said it was tuna but I have no idea of which type of tuna it was.
    Doesn't sound like tuna (Sea Bream perhaps).

But anyway, turbot rules dude.
  11. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    18 Mar '18 22:02
    Touchy, touchy.

Presumably, you'll feel better once your 6-7 lb. stash gets there in April. Surely you can find something more local to tide you over 'til then? You don't have to take it out on me. Maybe a local brewery will let you lick the bottom of their yeast vats or something?
  12. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    18 Mar '18 23:011 edit
    Originally posted by @ghost-of-a-duke
    Well,.....
    Well what? Out with it

Dont make the mistake of thinking no one is smarter than you, rookie
  13. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    18 Mar '18 23:03
    Touchy, touchy.

Presumably, you'll feel better once your 6-7 lb. stash gets there in April. Surely you can find something more local to tide you over 'til then? You don't have to take it out on me. Maybe a local brewery will let you lick the bottom of their yeast vats or something?
    When will you learn that your insults dont work?
  14. Joined
    06 Nov '15
    Moves
    18 Mar '18 23:24
    Durian fruit...once passed the smell...you've got it...
  15. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    18 Mar '18 23:39
    Touchy, touchy.
    How so? I don't take your silly attitude personally at all.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree