Miscellaneous

Miscellaneous

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
14 Sep 15
1 edit

"He fears his fate too much or his deserts are small who fears to put it to the touch to win or lose it all."
(Attributed to the Marquis of Montrose, 1612-1680)

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
14 Sep 15
4 edits

A self-made multimillionaire/owner of an all suites hotel company once said: "Bob, free is a good price." lol I've realized since that there are many commercial products exceptions: large bold print [written by marketing] gives while fine print [written by corporate attorneys] takes away.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
16 Sep 15

"Love is an act of endless forgiveness, a tender look which becomes a habit." ~Peter Ustinov

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
18 Sep 15

"We're all a little weird, and life's a little weird. And when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours,
we join up with them and fall in mutual weirdness and call it love." —Dr. Seuss

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
20 Sep 15

“He is a wise man who does not grieve for the things which he has not, but rejoices for those which he has.” —Epictetus

F

Moves
20 Sep 15

"The sandwich [known as a "sub"] is so called because the bun's cylindrical shape resembles the shape of a submarine." ~ Wiki.

Moves
20 Sep 15

"Miscellaneous"

Non-valuable stuff, possibly junk, which can be kept in one place to avoid it cluttering up other areas of value.
Wiki

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
20 Sep 15

Originally posted by divegeester
"Miscellaneous"

Non-valuable stuff, possibly junk, which can be kept in one place to avoid it cluttering up other areas of value.
Wiki
"my good friend Mum anon mentioned this online forum while we were having a cuppa tea at her lovely home a few days ago
while her precocious son child anon was at his grade one school. her caution was to watch out for a few of the gansta type posters
who persist in 'cluttering up' the place including this thread, my namesake thread". cordially, Mis cellaneous, legal counsel

Moves
20 Sep 15

Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
"my good friend Mum anon mentioned this online forum while we were having a cuppa tea at her lovely home a few days ago
while her precocious son child anon was at his grade one school. her caution was to watch out for a few of the gansta type posters
who persist in 'cluttering up' the place including this thread, my namesake thread". cordially, Mis cellaneous, legal counsel
Do I need your permission to post in this thread?

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
20 Sep 15
1 edit

Do I need your permission to post in this thread?
"of course not, divegeester; cautionary words only apply to gangstas." ~ your friend, Mis cellaneousis

RM

Amelia Island

Moves
20 Sep 15
1 edit

I have a blank-faced analog clock with no hands on it.

That way, I can always tell when it's coffee o'clock. It works for bacon, too.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
20 Sep 15

Originally posted by Roller Man
I have a blank-faced analog clock with no hands on it.

That way, I can always tell when it's coffee o'clock. It works for bacon, too.
@Roller-Man: My own younger brother was also a "Former SeaBee".
Thanks, for your post. Care for a game of Fischer Random 960?

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
22 Sep 15

“Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited to all we now know and understand, while imagination
embraces the entire world, and all there ever will be to know and understand.” -Albert Einstein

Moves
22 Sep 15

I never learn anything by talking, I learn when I ask questions.

Lou Holtz

Moves
23 Sep 15

I never learn anything by talking, I learn when I ask questions.

Lou Holtz
That's not true. Lou Holtz clearly had never heard of teddy bear debugging.