1. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    05 Sep '15 11:49
    Originally posted by divegeester
    No other poster (except possibly robbie carrobie) gets as many thumbs down. What I think GB is really disturbed about is that more recently the tendency has been to thumb down and then ignore him. Of course forum trolls hate being ignored, hence this latest little pout of his.
    "GB welcomes "thumbs down" as just mentioned and enjoys being "ignored"; it's nice to have a little peace and quiet around here." ~Vivian (aka V/8)
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    05 Sep '15 12:31
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    "GB welcomes "thumbs down" as just mentioned and enjoys being "ignored"; it's nice to have a little peace and quiet around here." ~Vivian (aka V/8)
    I'll press you on this nonsense of yours, if I may Grampy Bobby, because there is probably no other member of this community who babbles on about thumbs down as frequently as you do, and that's by a very long chalk too. Why are you so obsessed with how many thumbs down you personally get?
  3. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    05 Sep '15 12:44
    The "thumb system" is totally appropriate for these public forums because it indicates and documents readership [wonder if Russ knows the identities].
    I think your obsession with what Russ does or doesn't know, his authority (as you call it), his terms and conditions and your generally sycophancy toward him is becoming a problem for you.
  4. Mar-a-Lago
    Moves
    05 Sep '15 13:40
    Originally posted by FMF
    I'll press you on this nonsense of yours, if I may Grampy Bobby, because there is probably no other member of this community who babbles on about thumbs down as frequently as you do, and that's by a very long chalk too. Why are you so obsessed with how many thumbs down you personally get?
    Gramps will duck that question.
  5. Standard memberSeitse
    Doug Stanhope
    That's Why I Drink
    Moves
    05 Sep '15 14:12
    Guys... what if... amuse me for a second, ok? What if GB is
    Russ?

Think about it. There is this polite, nonchalant and detached
    persona who owns and runs the place, casually pops by to
    help or respond friendly comments, and goes on his merry way.
    And then there is this other Russ, under the name Grampy Bobby,
    through which Russ can channel all his frustrations at the user
    community by being annoying, despicable, bullying, obnoxious,
    repetitive and an utter piece of feces... and then he harvests our
    personal details and hires hitmen through the deep web to then
    target us in our sleep.

Scary.
  6. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    05 Sep '15 14:222 edits
    Originally posted by FMF
    * child anon: "mommy, does this mean i'll have to go to my room now without any supper?"

"not this time, son, but please try to be a good little boy when you play in the sandbox. by the way we're having one of your favs tonight, bangers and mash, so please wash your hands [especially those filthy thumbs] before coming to the table. and remember, it's your turn to say grace"

* "ok. i luv u."

"there's one other thing i should probably tell you now. an attractive new full time job offer arrived in today's postal mail which i'll likely accept. this means that you'll be meeting your new nanny in a few days."

* "new nanny"? "why can't nana nancy take care of me as she did when u were in hospital last year?"

"i'll tell you more tomorrow..."
  7. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    05 Sep '15 14:28
    Originally posted by Seitse
    Guys... what if... amuse me for a second, ok? What if GB is
    Russ?

Think about it. There is this polite, nonchalant and detached
    persona who owns and runs the place, casually pops by to
    help or respond friendly comments, and goes on his merry way.
    And then there is this other Russ, under the name Grampy Bobby,
    through which Russ can channel all his frust ...[text shortened]... r
    personal details and hires hitmen through the deep web to then
    target us in our sleep.

Scary.
    "Please categorise your feedback. Failing to do so correctly could delay any response."
  8. Standard memberSeitse
    Doug Stanhope
    That's Why I Drink
    Moves
    05 Sep '15 14:44
    "Please categorise your feedback. Failing to do so correctly could delay any response."
    My money is on you being, in real life, a serial killer.

Time will tell.
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    05 Sep '15 14:46
    * child anon: "mommy, does this mean i'll have to go to my room now without any supper?"

"not this time, son, but please try to be a good little boy when you play in the sandbox. by the way we're having one of your favs tonight, bangers and mash, so please wash your hands [especially those filthy thumbs] before coming to the table. and remember, it's your turn to say grace"

* "ok. i luv u."

"there's one other thing i should probably tell you now. an attractive new full time job offer arrived in today's postal mail which i'll likely accept. this means that you'll be meeting your new nanny in a few days."

* "new nanny"? "why can't nana nancy take care of me as she did when u were in hospital last year?"

"i'll tell you more tomorrow..."

But none of this stuff you've typed answers the question, Grampy Bobby.
  10. Standard memberSeitse
    Doug Stanhope
    That's Why I Drink
    Moves
    05 Sep '15 14:52
    Originally posted by FMF
    But none of this stuff you've typed answers the question, Grampy Bobby.
    And this is the fundament of the whole frustration towards
    Booby's incessant trolling.
  11. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    05 Sep '15 15:17
    "Play Quotes: Here is a sample of what some leading scholars, writers, and other thinkers have written or said about play."

1) "Play energizes us and enlivens us. It eases our burdens. It renews our natural sense of optimism and opens us up to new possibilities." Stuart Brown, MD
    Contemporary American psychiatrist

2) "It is a happy talent to know how to play." Ralph Waldo Emerson, American writer (1803–1882)

3) "Play is our brain's favorite way of learning." Diane Ackerman, Contemporary American author

4) "Culture arises and unfolds in and as play." Johan Huizinga, Dutch historian (1872–1945)

5) "Almost all creativity involves purposeful play." Abraham Maslow, American psychologist (1908–1970)

6) "Play is the only way the highest intelligence of humankind can unfold." Joseph Chilton Pearce, Contemporary American scholar

7) "The true object of all human life is play." G. K. Chesterton, British author (1874–1936)

8) "Play gives children a chance to practice what they are learning." Fred Rogers, American television personality (1928–2003)

9) "A child loves his play, not because it’s easy, but because it’s hard." Benjamin Spock, American pediatrician (1903–1998)

10) "Play fosters belonging and encourages cooperation." Stuart Brown, MD; Contemporary American psychiatrist

http://www.museumofplay.org/education/education-and-play-resources/play-quotes (to be continued)
  12. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    05 Sep '15 15:251 edit
    "Play Quotes: Here is a sample of what some leading scholars, writers, and other thinkers have written or said about play."

1) "Play energizes us and enlivens us. It eases our burdens. It renews our natural sense of optimism and opens us up to new possibilities." Stuart Brown, MD
    Contemporary American psychiatrist

2) "It is a happy talent to ...[text shortened]...

http://www.museumofplay.org/education/education-and-play-resources/play-quotes (to be continued)
    "Play Quotes: Here is a sample of what some leading scholars, writers, and other thinkers have written or said about play." (Part 2)

11) "Play has been man’s most useful preoccupation." Frank Caplan, Contemporary American author (1911–1988)

12) "To the art of working well a civilized race would add the art of playing well." George Santayana, American philosopher (1863–1952)

13) "People tend to forget that play is serious." David Hockney, Contemporary British painter

14) "Do not…keep children to their studies by compulsion but by play." Plato, Greek philosopher (427–347 BC)

15) "Surely all God’s people…like to play." John Muir, American naturalist (1838–1914)

16) "Necessity may be the mother of invention, but play is certainly the father." Roger von Oech, Contemporary American creativity guru [Attended one of his seminars in New Hampshire while still in my twenties, thanks to my employer of record Colgate Palmolive]

17) "Play keeps us fit physically and mentally." Stuart Brown, MD; Contemporary American psychiatrist

18) "The creation of something new is not accomplished by the intellect but by the play instinct." Carl Jung, Swiss psychoanalyst (1875–1961)

19) "Creative people are curious, flexible, persistent, and independent with a tremendous spirit of adventure and a love of play." Henri Matisse, French painter (1869–1954)

20 "Play is training for the unexpected." Marc Bekoff, Contemporary American biologist
  13. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    05 Sep '15 15:352 edits
    "Play Quotes: Here is a sample of what some leading scholars, writers, and other thinkers have written or said about play." (part 2)

11) "Play has been man’s most useful preoccupation." Frank Caplan, Contemporary American author (1911–1988)

12) "To the art of working well a civilized race would add the art of playing well." George Santayana, ...[text shortened]... 1869–1954)

20 "Play is training for the unexpected." Marc Bekoff, Contemporary American biologist
    "Play Quotes: Here is a sample of what some leading scholars, writers, and other thinkers have written or said about play." (Part 3)

21) "Creative play is like a spring that bubbles up from deep within a child." Joan Almon, Contemporary American educator

22) "Children learn as they play. Most importantly, in play children learn how to learn." O. Fred Donaldson, Contemporary American martial arts master

23) "Those who play rarely become brittle in the face of stress or lose the healing capacity for humor." Stuart Brown, MD, Contemporary American psychiatrist

24) "When children pretend, they’re using their imaginations to move beyond the bounds of reality. A stick can be a magic wand. A sock can be a puppet. A small child can be a superhero." Fred Rogers, American children’s television host (1928–2003)

25) "The debt we owe to the play of the imagination is incalculable." Carl Jung, Swiss psychoanalyst (1875–1961)

26) "Play is hard to maintain as you get older. You get less playful. You shouldn’t, of course." Richard Feynman, American physicist (1918–1988)

27) "There is for many a poverty of play." D.W. Winnicott, British pediatrician (1896–1971)

28) "Play allows us to develop alternatives to violence and despair; it helps us learn perseverance and gain optimism." Stuart Brown MD, Contemporary American psychiatrist

29) "If you want to be creative, stay in part a child, with the creativity and invention that characterizes children before they are deformed by adult society." Jean Piaget, Swiss philosopher (1896–1980)

30) "A child who does not play is not a child, but the man who does not play has lost forever the child who lived in him." Pablo Neruda, Chilean poet (1904–1973)
  14. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    05 Sep '15 15:442 edits
    "Play Quotes: Here is a sample of what some leading scholars, writers, and other thinkers have written or said about play." (part 3)

21) "Creative play is like a spring that bubbles up from deep within a child." Joan Almon, Contemporary American educator

22) "Children learn as they play. Most importantly, in play children learn how to learn." ...[text shortened]... o does not play has lost forever the child who lived in him." Pablo Neruda, Chilean poet (1904–1973)
    "Play Quotes: Here is a sample of what some leading scholars, writers, and other thinkers have written or said about play." (Part 4 of 4)

31) "I believe that those boys who take part in rough, hard play outside of school will not find any need for horse-play in school." Theodore Roosevelt, American president (1858–1919)

32) "It is in playing, and only in playing, that the individual child or adult is able to be creative and to use the whole personality, and it is only in being creative that the individual discovers the self." D.W. Winnicott, British pediatrician (1896–1971)

33) "Now in myth and ritual the great instinctive forces of civilized life have their origin: law and order, commerce and profit, craft and art, poetry, wisdom and science. All are rooted in the primeval soil of play." Johan Huizinga, Dutch historian (1872–1945)

34) "Ritual grew up in sacred play; poetry was born in play and nourished on play; music and dancing were pure play.... We have to conclude, therefore, that civilization is, in its earliest phases, played. It does not come from play...it arises in and as play, and never leaves it." Johan Huizinga, Dutch historian (1872–1945)

35) "We all need empty hours in our lives or we will have no time to create or dream." Robert Coles, Contemporary American child psychologist

36) "Play, while it cannot change the external realities of children’s lives, can be a vehicle for children to explore and enjoy their differences and similarities and to create, even for a brief time, a more just world where everyone is an equal and valued participant." Patricia G. Ramsey, Contemporary American educational psychologist

http://www.museumofplay.org/education/education-and-play-resources/play-quotes

37) "As astronauts and space travelers children puzzle over the future; as dinosaurs and princesses they unearth the past. As weather reporters and restaurant workers they make sense of reality; as monsters and gremlins they make sense of the unreal." Gretchen Owocki, Contemporary American early childhood educator

Note: The posting of these quotations has been approved by child anon and his mum as well as by Vivian (aka V/8).
  15. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    05 Sep '15 15:52
    Originally posted by Seitse
    And this is the fundament of the whole frustration towards
    Booby's incessant trolling.
    @Crowley [Here's an excerpt from Crowley's site profile]

"Dealing With Trolls:
    Rule #1 - Don't feed the troll.
    Rule #2 - Seriously, just don't feed the troll. I know it's difficult.
    Rule #3 - See Rules #1 and #2."

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree