1. Standard membergambit05
    Mad Murdock
    I forgot
    Moves
    21 Feb '06 14:531 edit
    Originally posted by Russ
    Sorry, I wasn't clear.

From board settings page, see the box with the following text :

Note : If you are using an old web browser or a web browser with limited functionality and you are experiencing problems, please click here to select a reduced feature board type that may be compatible.

Click that link, change the board type, and try again.

-Russ
    Yes, I did that also. Everything looks fine then, except that the (important) feature "analyse board" is not available anymore.

Edit: I almost resigned a game in progress, because the "resign" button is then at the bottom instead of the "analyse board" button.
  2. Earth Prime
    Moves
    21 Feb '06 14:55
    Looks like apostraphes in notes add a / to them once saved. Also the rook moving in a castle move will be visible even if it is legally unavaliable. Don't know if you wanted it that way or not
  3. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    21 Feb '06 14:55
    Originally posted by gambit05
    Yes, I did that also. Everything looks fine then, except that the (important) feature "analyse board" is not available anymore.
    Sorry, the legacy board is only there to get people by until they can upgrade.

-Russ
  4. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    21 Feb '06 14:56
    Originally posted by Coconut
    Looks like apostraphes in notes add a / to them once saved. Also the rook moving in a castle move will be visible even if it is legally unavaliable. Don't know if you wanted it that way or not
    Can you try the 'legacy' board as discussed above on your PDA and let me know the results?

Thanks.

-Russ
  5. Standard memberWulebgr
    Angler
    River City
    Moves
    21 Feb '06 14:58
    I like a larger board. Thanks for the good work, Russ.
  6. Standard memberdweezil
    Canuck savant
    Moves
    21 Feb '06 14:59
    I noticed on both the game board and the analyses board that when you move a piece atop another piece, even illegally, the "taken" piece appears immediately under the board. It disappears right away when you put your piece back.
  7. Joined
    19 Nov '03
    Moves
    What?
    Do you can explain that to a computer layman?
    I suggest visiting http://www.mozilla.org/ or http://www.mozilla.com/firefox/ and trying out a new browser. Both free and better.
  8. Standard memberMoldy Crow
    Your Eminence
    Scunthorpe
    Moves
    The looks of the new sets are great. I have a hard time seeing the differences between pieces on most of the styles now offered, and use only book or newspaper. There are a couple more that "read" well with the new set up. Btw- Kudos to the designer, nice job! Board colors are nice too. I also like the slightly bigger graphics, and having a summary of TO/TB on the same page with the board.
    On the down side- The "analyze game" is almost unusable as it is loading VERY slow after each attempted move.
  9. Earth Prime
    Moves
    21 Feb '06 15:03
    Can you try the 'legacy' board as discussed above on your PDA and let me know the results?

Thanks.

-Russ
    I will try both that and normal micro setting. The problem I had on the old board code was some reason the inability to actually move pieces.
  10. Standard membergambit05
    Mad Murdock
    I forgot
    Moves
    21 Feb '06 15:03

Thanks.

-Russ
    Sorry, I am confused.
    Do you can explain step by step what I should do?
  11. Standard memberTrains44
    Full speed locomotiv
    Account suspended
    Moves
    21 Feb '06 15:04
    As a final test to the new code, I am making the beta site available to all. (Possibly for a short period, so apologies in advance if you reading this and it is not available)

It can be accessed at:

http://beta5.redhotpawn.com

Login as normal, and post any problems here to this thread. If all goes well, this will be going live tomorrow.

-Russ
    Russ,..I always thought you were a genius,..now I'm convinced.
  12. Standard membergambit05
    Mad Murdock
    I forgot
    Moves
    21 Feb '06 15:05
    Originally posted by Starrman
    I suggest visiting http://www.mozilla.org/ or http://www.mozilla.com/firefox/ and trying out a new browser. Both free and better.
    Wouldn't I loose all my bookmarks then?
    I am at work here, and the bookmarks are quite essential for my work. Or can I transfer them from one browser to another?
  13. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    21 Feb '06 15:06
    Originally posted by Moldy Crow
    The looks of the new sets are great. I have a hard time seeing the differences between pieces on most of the styles now offered, and use only book or newspaper. There are a couple more that "read" well with the new set up. Btw- Kudos to the designer, nice job! Board colors are nice too. I also like the slightly bigger graphics, and having a summary of TO/ ...[text shortened]... The "analyze game" is almost unusable as it is loading VERY slow after each attempted move.
    What os/browser/version are you using please?

Also, how fast is your PC (is it older than 4 years old?)

I hoped not to see a post like that - it doesn't make a lot of sense that the analysis board is so slow and the main board isn't.

Although it may seem like madness to suggest this right now, does the problem clear up when you clear your browser cache?

-Russ
  14. Joined
    19 Nov '03
    Moves
    21 Feb '06 15:081 edit
    I am at work here, and the bookmarks are quite essential for my work. Or can I transfer them from one browser to another?
    I believe you can import them. Plus, there's no need to get rid of your other browser first, so in case they don't you can always revert.
  15. Joined
    23 Sep '05
    Moves
    21 Feb '06 15:12
    Netscape and Mozilla is essentially the same browser. Only the user interface is different. You should probably have your browser upgraded to the latest version. I believe Netscape 8.1 is the most recent upgrade.

If it's a work computer you may need to contact an administrator to do it for you though.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree