There are none.
    I've put my name forward to step in.
  2. Subscriberrookie54
    free tazer tickles..
    wildly content...
    Moves
    24 Sep '15 19:00
    Originally posted by divegeester
    I've put my name forward to step into this giant pile of hippopotamus excrement...
    fixed...
  3. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    24 Sep '15 19:01
    I've put my name forward to step in.
    I should think that the last word in your last response may well have been a spelling error.
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    24 Sep '15 19:05
    Originally posted by caissad4
    I guess there is only moderation in the clans forum.
    Any other forums where there is moderation ?
    I never got a response concerning debate forums from any moderators.
    you may need to contact Russ directly to get rid of Hinds spamming
  5. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    24 Sep '15 19:07
    Originally posted by rookie54
    fixed...
    Please edit posts responsibly
  6. Subscriberrookie54
    free tazer tickles..
    wildly content...
    Moves
    24 Sep '15 19:10
    Please edit posts responsibly
    somebody's hacked yer profile...
    change yer password, yer beginning to sound like you know who...
  7. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    24 Sep '15 19:22
    Originally posted by rookie54
    somebody's hacked yer profile...
    change yer password, yer beginning to sound like you know who...
    All similarity with persons living or dead is purely coincidental.
  8. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    24 Sep '15 21:21
    Originally posted by Great King Rat
    There was a thread yesterday about Fifa coins - some kind of illegal advertisement.

It disappeared.

Clearly there is moderation.

Just not the kind that some people want.

Of course, if people would just ignore users like RJHinds the problem would solve itself.

But yeah....
    The voice of reason. 🙂
  9. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    24 Sep '15 21:21
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    yes there is i got two messages yesterday from moderation in clans forum.
    Surprise, surprise.
  10. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    24 Sep '15 21:321 edit
    I guess there is only moderation in the clans forum.
    Any other forums where there is moderation ?
    I never got a response concerning debate forums from any moderators.
    You'll never get a response from those you complain to. No admins or mods of any "online service" like this ever let the alerter know what action was taken. At best, you might get a "Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback" or some such, but then again, maybe not.

They'll look at it, and if they feel action should be taken, they'll take action, but they won't be letting you in on it. They probably want to avoid PMs or posts that say things like "Neener, neener."
  11. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    24 Sep '15 21:36
    Originally posted by mwmiller
    Aren't the club and clan forums private and moderated by the owner or creator of the particular club or clan?
    I'm pretty sure that the public forum moderators have nothing to do with the private forums.
    I believe she meant the "Clans Forum", the public forum for discussing Clans, not any particular clan's private forum. Yeah, I think private forums are that clan's or club's business. There is a LOT more leeway given in those private forums regarding what is said.
  12. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    24 Sep '15 21:49
    There are none.
    Just because you can't see them, doesn't mean they're not there. They act behind the scenes. It's not their job to get public attention. If you're not the one getting their warning, you'll never know what they're doing, and so it's easy to think they're not there or that nothing is being done. There will always be those who think they should do more, and those who think they should do less.

I wouldn't be surprised if they turn down more people who want to be a mod than they accept. Some want the job for some kind of 'personal payback' but that attitude isn't going to get them accepted. I'm pretty sure they can suss out those who just want to ban certain people.
  13. Standard membercaissad4
    Child of the Novelty
    San Antonio, Texas
    Moves
    25 Sep '15 02:20
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    You'll never get a response from those you complain to. No admins or mods of any "online service" like this ever let the alerter know what action was taken. At best, you might get a "Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback" or some such, but then again, maybe not.

They'll look at it, and if they feel action should be taken, they'll take ...[text shortened]... g you in on it. They probably want to avoid PMs or posts that say things like "Neener, neener."
    Using that logic I can assume that the mods have examined my complaint and found it deems no action . The threads I noted are still there.
    When I recently messaged Russ and said "There are no mods" he didn't tell me I was wrong. I told him that it was an exercise in futility since the same poster would just do it again with no way to stop him.
    I repeat, There Are No Mods.
  14. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    25 Sep '15 05:561 edit
    Using that logic I can assume that the mods have examined my complaint and found it deems no action . The threads I noted are still there.
    When I recently messaged Russ and said "There are no mods" he didn't tell me I was wrong. I told him that it was an exercise in futility since the same poster would just do it again with no way to stop him.
    I repeat, There Are No Mods.
    At the risk of appearing like I'm stirring up controversy, why don't you state what threads or posts you are talking about so we can have a look and comment specifically?
  15. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    25 Sep '15 13:22
    At the risk of appearing like I'm stirring up controversy, why don't you state what threads or posts you are talking about so we can have a look and comment specifically?
    "Serena Williams is a MAN" in Debates.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree