1. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    25 Sep '15 14:35
    Originally posted by rookie54
    somebody's hacked yer profile...
    change yer password, yer beginning to sound like you know who...
    Voldemort?
  2. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    26 Sep '15 02:381 edit
    Originally posted by BigDoggProblem
    "Serena Williams is a MAN" in Debates.
    Another RJHinds car crash thread but it doesn't need removing. He made one post which could be removed although he apologised for it twice. Leaving the post validates the apologies. I'm not convinced it should removed, but would understand why if it was. The balance between freedom of opinion, freedom of speech and freedom of action is a fine one. Leaving close to the mark posts up sometimes helps to fuel the debate, sometimes helps to show bigotry for what it is. If another member finds the post offensive and alerts it should probably be removed for their sake if it is close to the mark. I would suggest that the primary function of moderation is to respect the honourable wishes of the posting community. Secondary is to protect the site.
  3. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    26 Sep '15 02:46
    Red Hot Pawn FAQ: Forum Posting Guidelines Help : forumguide

"Overview: The forum moderators' objective is to enable enjoyable forum usage. We want an environment where newcomers feel free to post to the forums without fear of being unfairly attacked and where posters don't feel overly-policed.

We want the Red Hot Pawn forums to be as open as possible. All moderation will be made using best-judgment and will never be used to stifle opinion, so long as such posts remain within the boundaries set out here.

Moderators have the ability to hide posts, hide threads, move threads to other forums, and place forum bans for varying periods of time on posters continually breaching the posting guidelines.

Please note that members of the community are encouraged to use the Alert Moderator link below any post which they believe breaches the guidelines set out here. This will place the post on the moderators' list of posts to review."
  4. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    26 Sep '15 02:46
    You could add to that list:
    Michelle Obama may be a transsexual
    Obama and Homosexual Acts
    Obama - Muslim - Enemy of Israel

Every one is a brainchild of RJH.
    You can't stop people from posting in his stupid threads because there's an instinctive urge to try to point out the stupidities.
    A casual glance at the Debates Forum thread titles would send a new user screaming for the exit.
  5. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    26 Sep '15 03:014 edits
    Originally posted by Kewpie

You can't stop people from posting in his stupid threads because there's an instinctive urge to try to point out the stupidities.
    A casual glance at the Debates Forum thread titles would send a new user screaming for the exit.
    Agreed. That someone takes offence to something does not necessarily make it offensive. Sometimes it obviously is offensive. The primary problem with the debates forum in my opinion, is that the topics are just not interesting. That's my POV and it doesn't mean they are in fact uninteresting, they are just uninteresting to me.

The "is serena a man" thread is however (IMO) an interesting topic that would descend into a row no matter who has started the thread because it's a controversial emotive topic. So what are we saying; we can't talk about controversial emotive topics? We can't argue about them? We can't get upset even? Part of the value of these forums is that we have the opportunity to discuss anything, and everyone can say what one feels, roll with the reciprocal punches and move on (metaphorically, not leave the site!).

I spend a lot of time arguing in the spirituality forum and witness what to me are astonishing attitudes behind certain posts; but I rarely see a post that needs removing. Debates may be different.
  6. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    26 Sep '15 03:43
    Originally posted by Kewpie

I wouldn't have even set foot in the "Serena" thread, if not for caissad4's expressed frustration elsewhere.

There's no shortage of stupid posts on the internet, whether on this site or not. The best response is to simply not read those threads and posts. That's how I handle most RJHinds threads. If other people want to spend the time arguing with him, that is their decision.

It is funny with Facebook how people that I totally get along with in person turn out to have crazy opinions similar to some of RJHinds' worst. I think, OK, I could never speak to them again, or I can maintain friendship and simply ignore the ugly part of them. These days I've been choosing the latter. Not very principled, I know, but maybe we take everyone's opinions a bit too seriously at times.
  7. Account suspended
    Moves
    26 Sep '15 08:09
    If he really loves her, he would say to Serena "I don+t´care if you are a man!", as James Garner did in film VICTOR VICTORIA to Julie Andrews,

I also like Amelie Mauresmo and really don+t give a damn if she is a man.
  8. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    26 Sep '15 09:28
    Originally posted by vandervelde
    If he really loves her, he would say to Serena "I don+t´care if you are a man!", as James Garner did in film VICTOR VICTORIA to Julie Andrews,

I also like Amelie Mauresmo and really don+t give a damn if she is a man.
    This is the biggest bunch of hogwash ever.

People who say this are liars. Of course they'd care. In fact, they'd get pretty damned upset, perhaps to the point of hating that person, perhaps to the point of trying to "pay them back", or "give them what they deserve". People in this situation would feel betrayed, and perhaps used, and perhaps they'd feel like that person was just making fun of them. Revenge has been served after less motive than this.
  9. Standard memberredbadger
    Suzzie says Badger
    is Racist Bastard
    Moves
    26 Sep '15 12:131 edit
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    This is the biggest bunch of hogwash ever.

People who say this are liars. Of course they'd care. In fact, they'd get pretty damned upset, perhaps to the point of hating that person, perhaps to the point of trying to "pay them back", or "give them what they deserve". People in this situation would feel betrayed, and perhaps used, and perhaps they'd fee ...[text shortened]... e that person was just making fun of them. Revenge has been served after less motive than this.
    there was a British drama last year called Hit or Miss it was a story about a transgender hit man/woman .It was brilliant and she was drop dead gorgeous not sure the actress really pulled of the "I was once a man" look, she was far to hot .
  10. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    26 Sep '15 13:251 edit
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    Red Hot Pawn FAQ: Forum Posting Guidelines Help : forumguide

"Overview: The forum moderators' objective is to enable enjoyable forum usage. We want an environment where newcomers feel free to post to the forums without fear of being unfairly attacked and where posters don't feel overly-policed.

We want the Red Hot Pawn forums to be as open as p ...[text shortened]... s the guidelines set out here. This will place the post on the moderators' list of posts to review."
    Interesting that this verbatim wording most likely prepared by an attorney and then
    approved by Russ has already been given two Thumbs Down [0] [2] Hmm...
  11. Subscriberrookie54
    free tazer tickles..
    wildly content...
    Moves
    26 Sep '15 13:51
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    Interesting that this verbatim wording most likely prepared by an attorney and then
    approved by Russ has already been given two Thumbs Down [0] [2] Hmm...
    nobody gives a rat's patoot what you think, copy, or paste...
    you, as intelligent as you are, have not yet figured that out...
    the thumbs are for YOU, not the text...
  12. Forum Moderator
    26 Sep '15 13:58
    Originally posted by caissad4
    There are none.
    You called, my son?
  13. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    26 Sep '15 14:01
    the thumbs are for [b]YOU
    , not the text...[/b]
    the thumbs are for YOU, not the text..."

Thanks for weighing in with your opinion that "nobody gives a rat's patoot what you think, copy, or paste..."
  14. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    26 Sep '15 14:05
    Originally posted by Forum Moderator
    You called, my son?
    Now that's just scary.
  15. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    26 Sep '15 14:16
    Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
    Now that's just scary.
    Only to a "Ghost".

Ha,

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree