Philip Schofield: the lies finally revealed

Philip Schofield: the lies finally revealed

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Resident of Planet X

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
343d

@divegeester said
Well shut up complaining about it then 😂
Agreed. Let's never mention the fingerprint saga again.

Moves
343d

@ghost-of-a-duke said
Agreed. Let's never mention the fingerprint saga again.
You done with this bout of your virtue-signalling hypocrisy now then?

Resident of Planet X

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
343d

@divegeester said
Yep, all done.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
343d

@divegeester said
Are you?

Probably never.

Moves
343d

@suzianne said
Are you?

Probably never.
I’m not virtue-signalling.

Clearly you haven’t read the thread and have just rocked up and blurting.

F

Moves
342d
1 edit

@ghost-of-a-duke said
Your position that even if a subordinate instigates a relationship, the person in the position of power is still a predator due to the associated taboo of such a relationship is frankly bizarre.
As a university lecturer for many years, on a few occasions I taught female students who had predatory inclinations in terms of sex.

There were male students who had similar inclinations, of course: indeed, many more of them.

Sometimes it was just flirtation and the "predator" diagnosis would be wrong. There were hundreds of flirtatious students but also a handful of sexual predators and they were mostly men.

You'd be aware of it too from the soap opera of campus life and from students embroiled in such things suddenly leaving or being expelled. There was even a lecturer who resigned abruptly once.

This is almost all between-the-students stuff, except for a few isolated occasions when a "sexually aggressive" [so to speak] female student made advances towards me [and other lecturers] despite - or perhaps because of - the taboo nature of such a relationship.

I, of course rejected these students and did not respond when they made their passes at me.

As subordinates with predatory inclinations they tried to initiate and they were rebuffed.

I, as the person with power in this dynamic, behaved correctly and in an ethically sound way.
If I had given in to the temptation and taken advantage of a troubled teenage woman who ~ was my subordinate but acting in an inappropriate, "sexually aggressive" or even [unsuccessfully] "predatory" way ~ and thus entered into a sexual relationship ~ despite the taboo pertaining to her status and mine ~ then my behaviour, for all intents and purposes, would have been predatory.

With power comes responsibility. Power without it - and without - perspective ~ is likely to lead to an ethical mess.

F

Moves
340d

@fmf said
As a university lecturer for many years, on a few occasions I taught female students who had predatory inclinations in terms of sex.

There were male students who had similar inclinations, of course: indeed, many more of them.

Sometimes it was just flirtation and the "predator" diagnosis would be wrong. There were hundreds of flirtatious students but also a handful of sexu ...[text shortened]... responsibility. Power without it - and without - perspective ~ is likely to lead to an ethical mess.
BUMP for Ghost of a Duke?

Moves
340d

ITV have now called in an independent barrister to fully investigate the events over the years leading up to Schofield’s excruciating teary-eyed revelation to camera, and the latest revelation of his lies. One of the (then) “young men” has indicated that he doesn’t want to cover up for Schofield anymore.

Jack Torrance

Overlook Hotel

Moves
340d

@divegeester said
ITV have now called in an independent barrister to fully investigate the events over the years leading up to Schofield’s excruciating teary-eyed revelation to camera, and the latest revelation of his lies. One of the (then) “young men” has indicated that he doesn’t want to cover up for Schofield anymore.
He has a lot of knockers.

Moves
340d

@the-gravedigger said
He has a lot of knockers.
Could he be the reincarnation of Jeffrey Dahmer?🤔

Resident of Planet X

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
340d

@fmf said
BUMP for Ghost of a Duke?
The joy of an internet forum is not feeling obliged to reply to an uninteresting post, even when bumped.

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
340d

@fmf said

Sometimes it was just flirtation and the "predator" diagnosis would be wrong. There were hundreds of flirtatious students but also a handful of sexu ...[text shortened]... responsibility. Power without it - and without - perspective ~ is likely to lead to an ethical mess.
Thanks fmf, now I know your issue. You think you're better than everyone else.

-VR

Jack Torrance

Overlook Hotel

Moves
340d

@great-big-stees said
Could he be the reincarnation of Jeffrey Dahmer?🤔
He was well over 30 when Jeffers died so unlikely.

F

Moves
340d

@ghost-of-a-duke said
The joy of an internet forum is not feeling obliged to reply to an uninteresting post, even when bumped.
In other words, you're running away from the discussion about sex, the power dynamic, ethics, and predatory behaviour after your little bit of shallow principle-free internet forum posturing.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
340d

@very-rusty said
Thanks fmf, now I know your issue. You think you're better than everyone else.

-VR
Took you long enough.

That's why they're twins, they have the same interest. Themselves.