1. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    14 Nov '15 10:41
    Originally posted by Startreader
    I think no ordinary person knows what is really going on or who is ultimately responsible for what. I am certain that a lot of the media is paid for by people with one interest or another. And money always talks.

Having said that, the callous disregard for human life is utterly appalling. My heart goes out to Paris, a city I love.
    My sentiments too.
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    14 Nov '15 10:50
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    Brits have a love/hate relationship with the French but you have to love their spirit.
    Actually we the Scots love them, after all our Queen was also their Queen.
  3. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    14 Nov '15 11:52
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    Actually we the Scots love them, after all our Queen was also their Queen.
    Traditionally, for many centuries, Scotland was friendlier towards France than it was towards England. It was known as the Auld Alliance, I think.
  4. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    14 Nov '15 11:54
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    9/11 ........................................................................................... 11/13 and not the last.
    How could and why would anyone give this post two thumbs down?

There are some strange people around!
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    14 Nov '15 11:572 edits
    Traditionally, for many centuries, Scotland was friendlier towards France than it was towards England. It was known as the Auld Alliance, I think.
    Indeed, but then again the French were not coming over the border and trying to make us slaves. If you can get a hold of it read Lady Antonia Frasers book on Mary Stuart, wonderfully researched and she brings the issues and character of Mary and her nobles into clear perspective.
  6. Subscribermoonbusonline
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    14 Nov '15 11:58

It's not what he said but who said it; Bob has a few negative cheerleaders here who routinely "boo" anything he posts.
  7. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    14 Nov '15 12:58
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    Indeed, but then again the French were not coming over the border and trying to make us slaves. If you can get a hold of it read Lady Antonia Frasers book on Mary Stuart, wonderfully researched and she brings the issues and character of Mary and her nobles into clear perspective.
    I have it on my bookshelves. 🙂
  8. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    14 Nov '15 12:58
    Originally posted by moonbus
    It's not what he said but who said it; Bob has a few negative cheerleaders here who routinely "boo" anything he posts.
    More fool them.
  9. Tyranny USA
    Moves
    14 Nov '15 13:34
    This only strengthens the second amendment in the US. France outlawed guns so all these people were sitting ducks. That is to say if you can even believe the official story.
  10. Joined
    23 Nov '09
    Moves
    14 Nov '15 13:48

Terrorism didn't start at 9/11. It is only idiots like gb who apparently think it did and feels a need to link 9/11 to the events yesterday.
  11. Joined
    05 Sep '15
    Moves
    14 Nov '15 14:29
    Originally posted by Kegge
    Terrorism didn't start at 9/11. It is only idiots like gb who apparently think it did and feels a need to link 9/11 to the events yesterday.
    I suggest that perhaps you are the idiot. Of course they are linked. This is our world's new "normal." Back in the good ole days, armed men typically in uniforms representing one country fought other armed men in uniforms representing another country.

Now what we have is a bunch of maniac cowards who try to instill fear in unarmed innocent civilians. Men, women, children. Doesn't matter. They hate our way of life and everything we hold dear to us. And so they will stop at nothing to destroy us.

Hopefully this latest tragic event will unite the sane, civilized countries of the world. If we allow this to stand unanswered, we are sitting ducks and at the mercy of these nut jobs.

Obama said just hours before this attack that ISIS was in fact "contained." How ironic. Better get his head out of the sand. Time for some offense. Kick their a$$e$. They are roaches and simply put - it's us or them.
  12. Joined
    05 Sep '15
    Moves
    14 Nov '15 14:371 edit
    Originally posted by HairDog
    This only strengthens the second amendment in the US. France outlawed guns so all these people were sitting ducks. That is to say if you can even believe the official story.
    If I was a terrorist in France or USA - naming just two as example - I would have a field day selecting a good place to target where guns are prohibited. So many choices. I am a law abiding, gun owning citizen. Have a concealed weapons permit and carry my gun wherever it is legally permitted. If a terrorist starts unleashing his evil on a crowd and I am there, I will protect my wife and kids and others around me to my last breath.
    Insane that the bad guys have such an advantage. This PC crap is getting old.
  13. Subscribermoonbusonline
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    14 Nov '15 14:39
    Originally posted by HairDog
    If you think that if every person in that French theater had been armed it would stop attacks like this from happening, then you are no better than the attackers.

People's minds have been poisoned by a vicious ideology, and it is that which must be counteracted by sane, civilized means. Otherwise we devolve into savagery ourselves.
  14. Joined
    05 Sep '15
    Moves
    14 Nov '15 14:42
    Originally posted by moonbus
    If you think that if every person in that French theater had been armed it would stop attacks like this from happening, then you are no better than the attackers.

People's minds have been poisoned by a vicious ideology, and it is that which must be counteracted by sane, civilized means. Otherwise we devolve into savagery ourselves.
    Of course not every person. That's ridiculous. Not every person would choose to carry a gun. Probably not many women. Of course no kids. But a select group of men more than likely.
    What a difference that would have made in this tragedy. To have had a few sane, reasonable men in these places who were armed. So many lives saved.

How can one even argue with that?
    Bad guys can carry guns but the good guys can't?

WTF?
  15. Subscriberradioactive69
    Fun, fun fun!!
    On the beach
    Moves
    14 Nov '15 15:13
    Originally posted by faithj323
    Of course not every person. That's ridiculous. Not every person would choose to carry a gun. Probably not many women. Of course no kids. But a select group of men more than likely.
    What a difference that would have made in this tragedy. To have had a few sane, reasonable men in these places who were armed. So many lives saved.

How can one even argue with that?
    Bad guys can carry guns but the good guys can't?

WTF?
    If people were free to carry guns wherever they liked there'd be a hell of a lot more carnage going on than happened yesterday. Terrorists would have the right to tote guns wherever they want. The less guns in this world the better.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree