1. Account suspended
    Moves
    14 Nov '15 15:412 edits
    umm it appears to me that we should be looking for solutions rather than infighting.

Arming people would not have saved anyone, if you are eating a veggie burger in a fast food place and a suicide bomber decides to blow himself and you up, no firearms will protect you. Guns are a huge problem for America, we do not need or want that in Europe.

What we probably do need is border control.
  2. Joined
    05 Sep '15
    Moves
    14 Nov '15 15:48
    Originally posted by radioactive69
    I don't need to get a grip but you need to take your hand off it.

If the law says you can carry a gun what's to stop terrorists going anywhere they like and shooting anyone in site. Yes they can and do smuggle guns but it would be a hell of a lot harder to carry around a gun if there were laws preventing it. Thank god I live in Australia and not whe ...[text shortened]... where you think you have the right to carry a gun where you please. You lot are flipping crazy.
    Are you new? Terrorists are already going anywhere they like and shooting anyone in site. I am lmao. Case in point - YESTERDAY

I have a right to protect myself and my family. That is why I have a gun. Tons of Americans do not own a gun. That is their choice.

If these maniacs show up in your country, you might feel differently.

I am not the bad guy. I am not flipping crazy.

I didn't kill innocent people on a plane and then weeks later more innocent people in France. Direct your comments at those flipping crazy people.

We have a zillion laws. They are not enforced. We don't need more laws.
  3. Subscriberradioactive69
    Fun, fun fun!!
    On the beach
    Moves
    14 Nov '15 15:48
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    umm it appears to me that we should be looking for solutions rather than infighting.

Arming people would not have saved anyone, if you are eating a veggie burger in a fast food place and a suicide bomber decides to blow himself and you up, no firearms will protect you. Guns are a huge problem for America, we do not need or want that in Europe.

What we probably do need is border control.
    Wow.....something you've written that I am 100% in agreement with.

Guns are a problem and if you welcome them to you're country you have to live with the consequences. Anyone who thinks having the right to own and carry a gun saves lives is totally kidding themselves.
  4. Joined
    05 Sep '15
    Moves
    14 Nov '15 15:51
    Except for farmers basically no one owns a gun over here. I've never even seen a gun. Never care to.

So what you're saying basically is that Australia is a much better place to live that the US. That's one thing we agree on.

Have a nice day !!!
    I love Australia. It is a safer place to live. I am sure you have other problems that we don't have.

Our problems are unique to our country. You can't apply a one-size-fits-all solution to every nation on earth. Surely you are not that naive.
  5. Subscriberradioactive69
    Fun, fun fun!!
    On the beach
    Moves
    14 Nov '15 15:55
    Originally posted by faithj323
    Are you new? Terrorists are already going anywhere they like and shooting anyone in site. I am lmao. Case in point - YESTERDAY

I have a right to protect myself and my family. That is why I have a gun. Tons of Americans do not own a gun. That is their choice.

If these maniacs show up in your country, you might feel differently.

I am not the bad gu ...[text shortened]... lipping crazy people.

We have a zillion laws. They are not enforced. We don't need more laws.
    If these maniacs show up in Australia then the authorities such as the police and army will take care of it. Everyone over here carrying a gun would not help but hinder the problem. I'd probably end up shooting half a dozen bystanders before I got the bad guy. Let the people trained to deal with this kind of threat do their thing and rednecks such as yourself get out of the way and let them do their thing. You guys honestly don't have a clue.
  6. Joined
    05 Sep '15
    Moves
    14 Nov '15 15:57
    Originally posted by moonbus
    Does anyone else here think Saddam Hussein might have been the lesser of two evils, now that we've seen what has followed him?
    A thought - don't allow either.

No crazed dictators with evil hearts and minds and no terrorists like the unleashed dogs we saw yesterday.

Neither can be tolerated. The freedom loving, sane nations of the world need to stand united.
  7. Subscriberradioactive69
    Fun, fun fun!!
    On the beach
    Moves
    14 Nov '15 15:57
    I love Australia. It is a safer place to live. I am sure you have other problems that we don't have.

Our problems are unique to our country. You can't apply a one-size-fits-all solution to every nation on earth. Surely you are not that naive.
    No problem is better solved by carrying a gun. In my view only cowards carry guns.
  8. Subscriberradioactive69
    Fun, fun fun!!
    On the beach
    Moves
    14 Nov '15 15:59
    A thought - don't allow either.

No crazed dictators with evil hearts and minds and no terrorists like the unleashed dogs we saw yesterday.

Neither can be tolerated. The freedom loving, sane nations of the world need to stand united.
    100% in agreement with that.

But we don't need redneck vigilantes getting in the way of those trained to deal with them. Time to sent a united world army over there and eliminate the threat once and for all.
  9. Joined
    05 Sep '15
    Moves
    14 Nov '15 16:02
    If these maniacs show up in Australia then the authorities such as the police and army will take care of it. Everyone over here carrying a gun would not help but hinder the problem. I'd probably end up shooting half a dozen bystanders before I got the bad guy. Let the people trained to deal with this kind of threat do their thing and rednecks such as yourself get out of the way and let them do their thing. You guys honestly don't have a clue.
    I am not a redneck and you are dumb for even making such an assumption. I live in a city of several million people not out on a farm. Obviously you go by stereotypes of Americans who carry. Quit believing everything you read on the internet and see on the news.

You have no clue what issues our nation faces nor do I have a clue what Australia's problems are. Your problems are different than ours and require different solutions.

If you'd like, I will enlighten you about why we have so much violence in our culture.

If you lived here, no worries - I would protect your family too if I needed to.
  10. Account suspended
    Moves
    14 Nov '15 16:04
    I am not a redneck and you are dumb for even making such an assumption. I live in a city of several million people not out on a farm. Obviously you go by stereotypes of Americans who carry. Quit believing everything you read on the internet and see on the news.

You have no clue what issues our nation faces nor do I have a clue what Australia's problems ...[text shortened]... our culture.

If you lived here, no worries - I would protect your family too if I needed to.
    why do you have so much violence in your culture?
  11. Joined
    05 Sep '15
    Moves
    14 Nov '15 16:06
    100% in agreement with that.

But we don't need redneck vigilantes getting in the way of those trained to deal with them. Time to sent a united world army over there and eliminate the threat once and for all.
    Yes absolutely.

I will have you know I am a trained soldier in the US Army. So good chance I will be involved. I will go so willingly. Not eagerly. I have a family. But willingly.

I also am a citizen living in some troubled times in our country. I carry a gun if I feel the need. No intention of shooting up random people in a theater but you damn well better believe if someone tries it, I will fight back.

It is called SELF DEFENSE. And it is a good thing, my friend.
  12. Joined
    27 Dec '05
    Moves
    14 Nov '15 16:15
    If I was a terrorist in France or USA - naming just two as example - I would have a field day selecting a good place to target where guns are prohibited. So many choices. I am a law abiding, gun owning citizen. Have a concealed weapons permit and carry my gun wherever it is legally permitted. If a terrorist starts unleashing his evil on a crowd and I am th ...[text shortened]... o my last breath.
    Insane that the bad guys have such an advantage. This PC crap is getting old.
    Every time some gun nut has massacred innocent people in the US
    ( which seems like a weekly event ) the police has dealt with them .
    Where are the gun carrying john Wayne's ready to pop them off before the police respond ?
  13. Joined
    27 Dec '05
    Moves
    14 Nov '15 16:17
    Originally posted by Startreader
    Traditionally, for many centuries, Scotland was friendlier towards France than it was towards England. It was known as the Auld Alliance, I think.
    Was , as in the past tense ?
    Nothing has changed !
  14. Joined
    27 Dec '05
    Moves
    14 Nov '15 16:37
    Yes absolutely.

I will have you know I am a trained soldier in the US Army. So good chance I will be involved. I will go so willingly. Not eagerly. I have a family. But willingly.

I also am a citizen living in some troubled times in our country. I carry a gun if I feel the need. No intention of shooting up random people in a theater but you damn well ...[text shortened]... ne tries it, I will fight back.

It is called SELF DEFENSE. And it is a good thing, my friend.
    To respond to a situation where terrorists are spraying bullets into a crowded area with automatic weapons would need a person carrying a gun a lot more training than an average soldier .( don't believe the Hollywood films ).
    Your first instinct would be to survive ,get your head down and any of your family to safety and secondly your friends .
    I would go as far as to say that if you were a specially trained soldier, without back up you would probably do the same unless you had a rapid firing gun tucked under your coat or you had a death wish .
  15. SubscriberDrewnogal
    Constant Gardener
    The Plot
    Moves
    14 Nov '15 16:46

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree