1. SubscriberVESPIN
    RIP Mghrn55
    United States
    Moves
    14 Nov '15 16:54
    Originally posted by faithj323
    Yes absolutely.

I will have you know I am a trained soldier in the US Army. So good chance I will be involved. I will go so willingly. Not eagerly. I have a family. But willingly.

I also am a citizen living in some troubled times in our country. I carry a gun if I feel the need. No intention of shooting up random people in a theater but you damn well ...[text shortened]... ne tries it, I will fight back.

It is called SELF DEFENSE. And it is a good thing, my friend.
    The bigger the population the more problems you will have. Australia has I believe an estimated 24 million people? While the United States have 320 Million people in it? Much easier to control when you have less people. I think that is one reason, among millions of reasons as to why we have more violence. And I am proud to live in a country that can defend itself against anyone when necessary.

The second Amendment was adopted a long time ago, and although I don't own a gun, I do think it is every persons right to own one. And in Faith's case? A trained soldier certainly earned that right and understands what they are doing with the gun or guns they own. Faith if you want a real and enjoyable conversation, talk with Robbie. 🙂 And thank you for your service to our country, and all the country's and people you protect. I have family who served, friends who served, when I signed up, I had missed the deadline by two years due to age. During war time the president can change that age, but he didn't and I never received clearance. But please know your service is much appreciated, and I for one am grateful.

Thank you again for keeping us safe.
  2. Subscriberradioactive69
    Fun, fun fun!!
    On the beach
    Moves
    14 Nov '15 17:12
    Originally posted by VESPIN
    The bigger the population the more problems you will have. Australia has I believe an estimated 24 million people? While the United States have 320 Million people in it? Much easier to control when you have less people. I think that is one reason, among millions of reasons as to why we have more violence. And I am proud to live in a country that can defend ...[text shortened]... service is much appreciated, and I for one am grateful.

Thank you again for keeping us safe.
    I have no problems with trained soldiers carrying guns when they are on duty. When they are no on duty however they should be locked away in a safe.

Your second amendment was adopted back in ancient times when life was a whole lot different. Times have changed. Maybe your archaic laws should reflect modern times.

I also have friends and family serving currently a nephew on his second tour of Afghanistan and his wife on tour in Iraq.

This is not about war my friend where guns are part and parcel of the process but untrained morons wielding guns who think if they have a gun then they can defend themselves. That means every fruit loop can also carry a gun as well. If no one had guns.....problem solved. You Americans are just too violent to want to give them up.

People in public fight with their fists over here. God forbid the day they allow the public to carry guns. Time to get out I reckon.
  3. Subscribermoonbus
    Ãœber-Nerd
    Moves
    14 Nov '15 17:37
    Of course not every person. That's ridiculous. Not every person would choose to carry a gun. Probably not many women. Of course no kids. But a select group of men more than likely.
    What a difference that would have made in this tragedy. To have had a few sane, reasonable men in these places who were armed. So many lives saved.

How can one even argue with that?
    Bad guys can carry guns but the good guys can't?

WTF?
    Reality check: it's not a John Wayne movie. Civilized people do not solve problems by shooting it out in public places.
  4. Joined
    23 Nov '09
    Moves
    14 Nov '15 17:38
    I suggest that perhaps you are the idiot. Of course they are linked. This is our world's new "normal." Back in the good ole days, armed men typically in uniforms representing one country fought other armed men in uniforms representing another country.

Now what we have is a bunch of maniac cowards who try to instill fear in unarmed innocent civilians. M ...[text shortened]... and. Time for some offense. Kick their a$$e$. They are roaches and simply put - it's us or them.
    There was no terrorism before 9/11 ... is that what you are saying? This topic is NOT about the US or 9/11.
  5. Mar-a-Lago
    Moves
    14 Nov '15 17:51
    Originally posted by phil3000
    Every time some gun nut has massacred innocent people in the US
    ( which seems like a weekly event ) the police has dealt with them .
    Where are the gun carrying john Wayne's ready to pop them off before the police respond ?
    Good point.

Where is Bruce Willis when you need him ?
    Making another Die Hard movie that's where.
  6. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    14 Nov '15 18:251 edit
    Originally posted by radioactive69
    If people were free to carry guns wherever they liked there'd be a hell of a lot more carnage going on than happened yesterday. Terrorists would have the right to tote guns wherever they want. The less guns in this world the better.
    I suppose I shouldn't be surprised,but it just hadn't occurred to me that anyone, even in America, would or could react to the Paris tragedy by saying if there were a few good men with guns they'd have been able to "protect" people.

Oh? More bullets zinging around in an enclosed space would improve a situation! Extraordinary!

What a huge gulf there is between the thought patterns of America and those of most of the civilised world!
  7. Joined
    05 Sep '15
    Moves
    14 Nov '15 18:28
    I have no problems with trained soldiers carrying guns when they are on duty. When they are no on duty however they should be locked away in a safe.

Your second amendment was adopted back in ancient times when life was a whole lot different. Times have changed. Maybe your archaic laws should reflect modern times.

I also have friends and family se ...[text shortened]... sts over here. God forbid the day they allow the public to carry guns. Time to get out I reckon.
    If no one had guns - problem solved?

You are kidding right?

Sure, I guess the evil warped people of our society will just evaporate? No, no no...they will take up a new hobby. yea, that's it!

Your simplistic solution is frightening. It's the guns that are the problem not the people shooting them. lmao

You are just a genuis. You should come over here and run for President. Your platform: I will outlaw all guns and America will be safe again! Vote for me! Vote for me!
  8. Joined
    05 Sep '15
    Moves
    14 Nov '15 18:32
    Originally posted by Startreader
    I suppose I shouldn't be surprised,but it just hadn't occurred to me that anyone, even in America, would or could react to the Paris tragedy by saying if there were a few good men with guns they'd have been able to "protect" people.

Oh? More bullets zinging around in an enclosed space would improve a situation! Extraordinary!

What a huge gulf there is between the thought patterns of America and those of most of the civilised world!
    Hey people - here's a thought. quit believing everything you hear about America from crappy news sources.

Yes. If there had been just a few citizens with guns in Paris yesterday, the outcome may have been different. At least those poor innocent people wouldn't have been executed without a damn chance to fight back.

Yes, it is called protecting yourself. It is not a crime. It is a right. And a good one at that.
  9. Joined
    05 Sep '15
    Moves
    14 Nov '15 18:33
    Originally posted by moonbus
    Reality check: it's not a John Wayne movie. Civilized people do not solve problems by shooting it out in public places.
    Who is suggesting doing that?

I've never seen a John Wayne movie in my life. Perhaps you have seen too many.
  10. Joined
    05 Sep '15
    Moves
    14 Nov '15 18:35
    If these maniacs show up in Australia then the authorities such as the police and army will take care of it. Everyone over here carrying a gun would not help but hinder the problem. I'd probably end up shooting half a dozen bystanders before I got the bad guy. Let the people trained to deal with this kind of threat do their thing and rednecks such as yourself get out of the way and let them do their thing. You guys honestly don't have a clue.
    Not a redneck - I will say it again. Please quit stereotyping all Americans who carry a gun. You are embarrassing yourself.

No one is saying EVERY ONE should carry a gun.

Stereotypes and generalizations and cookie cutter solutions.

You got anything else?
  11. Joined
    05 Sep '15
    Moves
    14 Nov '15 18:36
    No problem is better solved by carrying a gun. In my view only cowards carry guns.
    Ok buddy.
    lmao
  12. Joined
    05 Sep '15
    Moves
    14 Nov '15 18:38
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    So in Australia it is harder to get guns legally than in the US?

If we are to stop these terrorist attacks it seems to me there will have to be a 100,000 man army of some kind to go into northern Iraq and wipe those barbarians off the face of the map.

We need to grow some balls and get rid of Al Quida, Boko Haram and ISIS. That is the only way to st ...[text shortened]... ly getting an extremist Islam education? Is that going to be the end result of all this madness?
    Ah a voice of reason.

Yes, let's grow some and get rid of these barbarians.

I can't even believe there is a debate on our need to do this.

It sucks for many reasons but these cockroaches need to go.
  13. Joined
    05 Sep '15
    Moves
    14 Nov '15 18:39
    Originally posted by Kegge
    There was no terrorism before 9/11 ... is that what you are saying? This topic is NOT about the US or 9/11.
    Perhaps read again. Not at all what I said.
  14. Joined
    05 Sep '15
    Moves
    14 Nov '15 18:40
    You's are always killing something over there. Usually something that is innocent and can't fight back.
    This doesn't even warrant a reply.
  15. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    14 Nov '15 18:41
    If no one had guns - problem solved?

You are kidding right?

Sure, I guess the evil warped people of our society will just evaporate? No, no no...they will take up a new hobby. yea, that's it!

Your simplistic solution is frightening. It's the guns that are the problem not the people shooting them. lmao

You are just a genuis. You should come ov ...[text shortened]... Your platform: I will outlaw all guns and America will be safe again! Vote for me! Vote for me!
    From a British point of view, the idea that citizens carrying guns would make life safer sounds like an unbelievably knuckle-dragging response from a society with only a veneer of civilisation.

Fortunately, I know many intelligent Americans that don't think along those, to us, extraordinarily backward lines. But I still feel incredulous that so much of America still reacts like that. Despite our shared language, our cultures are more different than they seem.

Yesterday one of my sons told me how, when he was working in America, he approached a policeman to ask for directions. A normal occurrence in this country where we are taught from childhood to do just that. The police are seen as friendly, and they're not usually armed.

He described how frightened he was to find, suddenly, three policemen aiming guns at him and another pointing a rifle! In this country, unthinkable, and probably in Australia and most of Europe too. But in America?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree