1. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    22 Nov '19 11:53
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    Yes sir, only Psychiatrists and Psychologists work in mental health.

(Eye roll).
    Roll your eyes until they go to the back of your head for all I care goad.

You still haven't said exactly what you do with the mental health patients to help them....I figure you babysit them. 😉

-VR
  2. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    22 Nov '19 11:56
    @very-rusty said
    Roll your eyes until they go to the back of your head for all I care goad.

You still haven't said exactly what you do with the mental health patients to help them....I figure you babysit them. 😉

-VR
    I've told you precisely what I do, at least 3 times.

Due to your memory issues, should I put you on the waiting list?
  3. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    22 Nov '19 11:591 edit
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    I've told you precisely what I do, at least 3 times.

Due to your memory issues, should I put you on the waiting list?
    out reach work which tells me and everyone else absolutely nothing.

Yea, try a list of what you really do, don't put me on it, I woldn't send by cat to you if I had one!!!! 😛 😉

-VR

-VR
  4. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    22 Nov '19 12:00
    @very-rusty said
    out reach work which tells me and everyone else absolutely nothing.

Yea, try a list!!!

-VR
    Gathering personal information again, hey?
  5. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    22 Nov '19 12:011 edit
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    Gathering personal information again, hey?
    Your the one said you worked with mental health patients in an outreach program. I am just asking you a follow up question on your statement you made....which YOU are are trying to avoid.

-VR
  6. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Read a book!
    Moves
    22 Nov '19 14:22
    @very-rusty said
    Do you think everyone is as smart as I am?
    I sincerely hope not.
  7. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    22 Nov '19 14:281 edit
    @handyandy said
    I sincerely hope not.
    LOL@ Andy, not bad!!!! 😛 😉

More on your game today! 😉

-VR
  8. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    22 Nov '19 14:47
    @very-rusty said

-VR
    That you think people struggling with their mental health require 'babysitting' is actually rather offensive and ignorant.

We prefer to enable independent living in the community and avoiding hospital admissions.
  9. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    22 Nov '19 14:501 edit
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    That you think people struggling with their mental health require 'babysitting' is actually rather offensive and ignorant.

We prefer to enable independent living in the community and avoiding hospital admissions.
    And I wasn't Politically correct, but basically you babysit adults correct?

-VR
  10. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    22 Nov '19 15:00
    @very-rusty said
    And I wasn't Politically correct, but basicly you babysit adults correct?

-VR
    No. Again you are being offensive to people struggling with mental health issues.

But it doesn't surprise me.
  11. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    22 Nov '19 15:04
    @very-rusty said

-VR
    Why, do you need one (a babysitter, presumably for yourself)?
  12. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    22 Nov '19 15:08
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    No. Again you are being offensive to people struggling with mental health issues.

But it doesn't surprise me.
    So you still haven't said quite what it is you do....I take it you are just offended because that is EXACTLY what you do.

You should be proud of it not offended by it.

I spent some time looking after people confined to wheel chairs one lady in particular.....They called each other cripples when they would meet. What do you think of that???? Are they offensive when they have the same issues, they use to call me a "Walkie for now".....Everyone has their ways of coping....laughing about it or making fun of it is much better than sulking about it.

-VR
  13. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    22 Nov '19 15:19
    @very-rusty said

-VR
    Okay, let's see if your repugnant babysitting comparison holds water.

A Psychiatrist or Clinical Psychologist will refer a client to our outreach team following their diagnosis and initial treatment (which may or may not have involved medication or time on a mental health ward). Such a diagnosis will vary from depression to schizophrenia and a plethora of conditions in between. The team I manage will allocate an outreach worker and they will work with the client towards agreed outcomes in the community, which will range from social inclusion, managing anxiety, finding employment or education, maintaining a stable mental health etc. My team rarely do home visits and are more likely to engage with a client in a coffee shop or college.

As well as managing the team I also carry a small caseload of clients and specialize in assisting people to reduce social anxiety specifically using a strategy of habitualization and extinction, which I'd be happy to elaborate on if you have a genuine interest, and of course acknowledge your crass babysitting error.
  14. Gothenburg
    Moves
    22 Nov '19 15:22
    @very-rusty said
    So you still haven't said quite what it is you do....I take it you are just offended because that is EXACTLY what you do.

You should be proud of it not offended by it.

I spent some time looking after people confined to wheel chairs one lady in particular.....They called each other cripples when they would meet. What do you think of that???? Are they offensive when th ...[text shortened]... ways of coping....laughing about it or making fun of it is much better than sulking about it.

-VR
    Goad is working with people suffering mental health issues - is there more to stay about it? People who struggle with such issues often have a difficult time and they need professional help.
  15. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    22 Nov '19 15:421 edit
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    Okay, let's see if your repugnant babysitting comparison holds water.

A Psychiatrist or Clinical Psychologist will refer a client to our outreach team following their diagnosis and initial treatment (which may or may not have involved medication or time on a mental health ward). Such a diagnosis will vary from depression to schizophrenia and a plethora of condition ...[text shortened]... elaborate on if you have a genuine interest, and of course acknowledge your crass babysitting error.
    Actually I am quite interested....I know a person who you speak of who is Schizophrenia which is kept under control with meds...He told me some about it and that he doesn't have feelings like we do, he seemed very nice, there are times I see him and it is like he doesn't know me, and other times he engages in conversation. I am thinking it has to do with is condition....He was very proud of the fact he had a job now working 2hrs a the hospital a week. His uncle was with him one day, but didn't get a chance to talk to his uncle without him there. I had lots of questions about the condition. I know he drinks at leasst 6 large coffee one right after the other, can't seem to get enough. He seems like he is fairly intelligent to me, but quiet and doesn't say much unless you get him engaged in conversation.

-VR

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree