Psychiatrists and  Psychologists

Psychiatrists and Psychologists

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
23 Nov 19

@suzianne said
I'm sure it will, but from what I can see, he's still waiting.

No apology yet, all I see is you saying you will, but still no apology forthcoming, I see.
I think others have already decribed better what he is doing than he himself did or could.

He got the best apology from he is going to get, not my fault he is a big baby!

I think he needs a visit with one of the people he works for who do the diagnosis on patients he claims to be caring for. He himself may be burnt out!

Always enjoy you imput as it always gives me something to reply to!!! 😉

-VR

-VR

Moves
23 Nov 19

@very-rusty said
I think others have already decribed better what he is doing than he himself did or could.

I think he needs a visit with one of the people he works for who do the diagnosis on patients he claims to be caring for. He himself may be burnt out!

-VR

-VR
You whine about perceived slights and posts which deride you; then turn around and deride others after they've offered an olive branch?

Helpful hint Lil' Rusty: When somebody throws you a life-preserver; grab it with both hands. Don't push it away and then complain about the sharks.

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
23 Nov 19

@very-rusty said

-VR

-VR
You truly are a spiteful and mean spirited individual.

Saying people with mental health issues required babysitting merely confirmed this. Thank God most people aren't so backward-looking.

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
23 Nov 19
2 edits

@ghost-of-a-duke said
You truly are a spiteful and mean spirited individual.

Saying people with mental health issues required babysitting merely confirmed this. Thank God most people aren't so backward-looking.
goad,

Here is a "FACT" may not be politically correct or to you or others liking but if a grown person needs someone with them at all times, then they need someone to baby sit them.

Nothing spiteful about it, nothing backward about it. Lets not sweep it under the rug. I would never want to be in that situation where I neeeded to be watched 24/7 because of my mental state. I'd sooner not be on this earth anymore.

-VR

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
23 Nov 19
2 edits

@WOLFE63

Where the hell do you see an olive branch being thrown my way wolfy?

You got tunnel vision, you see things one way and think goad or suzie Q or both are always correct, which they are not.

You're like a puppy dog wagging your tail agreeing with their every post!

-VR

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
24 Nov 19

@very-rusty said
goad,

Here is a "FACT" may not be politically correct or to you or others liking but if a grown person needs someone with them at all times, then they need someone to baby sit them.

Nothing spiteful about it, nothing backward about it. Lets not sweep it under the rug. I would never want to be in that situation where I neeeded to be watched 24/7 because of my mental state. I'd sooner not be on this earth anymore.

-VR
Who said anything about needing to be watched for 24 hours?!

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
24 Nov 19

@very-rusty said
@WOLFE63
You're like a puppy dog wagging your tail agreeing with their every post!
It would be a bit arbitrary disagreeing with the truth.

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
24 Nov 19

@ghost-of-a-duke said
Who said anything about needing to be watched for 24 hours?!
Then how many hours?

-VR

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
24 Nov 19

@wolfgang59 said
It would be a bit arbitrary disagreeing with the truth.
So you agree you are like a little puppy dog agreeing with goad and suzie q's every post?....Interesting!!!!

-VR

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
24 Nov 19

@very-rusty said
Then how many hours?

-VR
On average, one of our outreach workers will see a client twice a week in the community, each time for about an hour.

Imagine you personally suffered from a social anxiety and found it hard to be around people. Now to help with this you were referred to an outreach team that worked with you to increase your social confidence and enable you to handle social settings and eventually get back into employment. Would you consider this period of time as being babysitted?

Look, we all have a mental health and anyone of us could experience problems due to trauma. So stop with the patronizing language.

Gothenburg

Moves
24 Nov 19

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
24 Nov 19

@very-rusty said
So you agree you are like a little puppy dog agreeing with goad and suzie q's every post?....Interesting!!!!

-VR
Strange talent you have for extrapolating fiction from fact.

w

Moves
25 Nov 19
3 edits

@very-rusty said
Psychiatrists are medical doctors, psychologists are not. Psychiatrists prescribe medication, psychologists can't. Psychiatrists diagnose illness, manage treatment and provide a range of therapies for complex and serious mental illness. Psychologists focus on providing psychotherapy (talk therapy) to help patients.

Some folks don't seen to know the difference between the two!

-VR
What is the difference between Psychiatrists and Psychologists?

From my experience one tries to strap you down and give electric shock therapy while the other demands you have a lobotomy. So long as their bathroom has a window you can fit through you should be OK.

I felt like Joe Kennedy's daughter I tell ya!!

Scary stuff!!

HoH
Thug

Playing with matches

Moves
25 Nov 19

@ghost-of-a-duke said
You often come across like a doughnut. Is that what you intended?!
This is simple and yet somehow fantastic. Nice.

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
25 Nov 19

@ghost-of-a-duke said
On average, one of our outreach workers will see a client twice a week in the community, each time for about an hour.

Imagine you personally suffered from a social anxiety and found it hard to be around people. Now to help with this you were referred to an outreach team that worked with you to increase your social confidence and enable you to handle social setting ...[text shortened]... lth and anyone of us could experience problems due to trauma. So stop with the patronizing language.
Actually goad, happy you mentioned that I know someone who is in exactly the circumstances you described. He is on medication and someone does drop in to see him a for a few hours a couple times of week, and YES he does feel like they are babysitting him.

Thanks for bring up the scenario, just helped me prove my point!!! 😉 😛

-VR