Quotes You Like

Quotes You Like

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
11 Mar 23

@torunn said
Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots – but you have to play the ball as it lies." - Bobby Jones
Golf is a good walk, spoiled.
-- Mark Twain, IIRC

Gothenburg

Moves
16 Mar 23

"Worrying won't stop the bad stuff from happening, it just stops you from enjoying the good."

Gothenburg

Moves
16 Apr 23

I think that you find your own way. You have your own rules. You have your own understanding of yourself, and that's what you're going to count on. In the end, it's what feels right to you. Not what your mother told you. Not what some actress told you. Not what anybody else told you but the still, small voice.

Meryl Streep

Want REAL change?

Vote for it!

Moves
16 Apr 23

“Anonymity is no excuse for stupidity”

- Albert Einstein

Über-Nerd

Moves
17 Apr 23
1 edit

“If once a man indulges himself in murder, very soon, he comes to think little of robbing, and from robbing he comes next to drinking and Sabbath- breaking, and from that to incivility and procrastination.“

Thomas De Quincy.

Moves
23 Apr 23

“When I was 15-years-old, I took off my clothes and looked in the mirror. When I stared at myself naked, I realized that to be perfectly proportioned I would need twenty-inch arms to match the rest of me.” Arnold Schwarzenegger

Gothenburg

Moves
02 May 23

If you start out looking at somebody, wondering whether he's good or bad, I think you're starting out in the wrong direction. I think we're all good and we're all bad. - Willie Nelson

G

Moves
08 May 23
1 edit

"90% of all people don't know what percent the rest of the people are."-A.W . Watts

Gothenburg

Moves
13 May 23

Someone will always be prettier.
Someone will always be smarter.
Someone will always be younger.
But they will never be you.
- Freddie Mercury

chemist

Linkenheim

Moves
22 May 23

Peace is not the absence of conflicts, it is the ability to cope with conflicts.

(attributed to Mahatma Gandhi)

Want REAL change?

Vote for it!

Moves
23 May 23

@ponderable said
Peace is not the absence of conflicts, it is the ability to cope with conflicts.

(attributed to Mahatma Gandhi)
One for people to remember when considering these forums.

chemist

Linkenheim

Moves
349d

"For good ideas and true innovation, you need human interaction, conflict, argument, debate."

Margaret Heffernan

Jack Torrance

Overlook Hotel

Moves
340d

Woe unto them that rise up early in the morning, that they may follow strong drink; that continue until night, till wine inflame them!

Isaiah 5:11

Über-Nerd

Moves
339d

"I think youngsters need to start thinking about what kind of world they going to leave for me and Keith Richards."

--- Willie Nelson

😆

Gothenburg

Moves
336d

“A life spent making mistakes is not only more honorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing.” - George Bernard Shaw