RHP Member You Would Like To Meet In Person

RHP Member You Would Like To Meet In Person

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
14 Jan 18

Originally posted by @moonbus
I live on a boat in the Pacific. I assumed you don't walk on water. Get it now?
I can swim πŸ˜‰

Chess Librarian

The Stacks

Moves
15 Jan 18

Since the thread has adopted a historical context in some of the posts, I have to say that I would have liked to meet Mikelom in person. I am not sure what I would expect, and that is part of the anticipation that will never be fulfilled- not in this world, at least, but perhaps in the next.

Read a book!

Moves
15 Jan 18

Originally posted by @paul-leggett
Since the thread has adopted a historical context in some of the posts, I have to say that I would have liked to meet Mikelom in person. I am not sure what I would expect, and that is part of the anticipation that will never be fulfilled- not in this world, at least, but perhaps in the next.
Try Spirituality.

Devout Agnostic.

DZ-015

Moves
15 Jan 18

Originally posted by @paul-leggett
Pretty sure he's dead.

Since we're talking about dead people. Dr Strangelove. died 12th January 2011. He was a fine chap.

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
15 Jan 18

Originally posted by @huckleberryhound
Pretty sure he's dead.

Since we're talking about dead people. Dr Strangelove. died 12th January 2011. He was a fine chap.
I often wondered what happened to Dr Strangelove....I think most are good people in person, it sometimes the persona on here we don't like. I know for a FACT hoh isn't like his persona in the real world or he would be dead by now. πŸ˜‰ I would love to meet him just to see how bad ass he is in person!!!

-VR

L

Moves
16 Jan 18
1 edit

Moves
16 Jan 18

Originally posted by @huckleberryhound
No, i was actually newly married when i went to America. I took my wife there. I was single during London and Dublin.

Had three drunken RHP members at my house for the second Dublin meet...good times.
I’ve only met 2 rhp members; @lausey and @rbmorris, both fine chaps. Lausey was kind enough to provide me with accommodation after we found ourselves on the exterior of several beverages. I’m connected via Facebook with about 25 other rhp members and I’m hoping that the next 24 months will bring opportunities for meet ups.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
16 Jan 18

Originally posted by @very-rusty
I often wondered what happened to Dr Strangelove....I think most are good people in person, it sometimes the persona on here we don't like. I know for a FACT hoh isn't like his persona in the real world or he would be dead by now. πŸ˜‰ I would love to meet him just to see how bad ass he is in person!!!

-VR
I think talking to HoH would involve a bit of grunting and "harrumph"s. Maybe like talking to Winston Churchill in private.

Über-Nerd

Moves
16 Jan 18

Originally posted by @trev33
I can swim πŸ˜‰
Faster than sharks?

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
16 Jan 18

Originally posted by @suzianne
I think talking to HoH would involve a bit of grunting and "harrumph"s. Maybe like talking to Winston Churchill in private.
Suz,

I somehow think comparing hoh to Winston Churchill may be the biggest compliment he has ever received.

-VR

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
16 Jan 18

Originally posted by @moonbus
Faster than sharks?
I think Trev may swim with the sharks. πŸ˜‰

-VR

Moves
16 Jan 18

Originally posted by @very-rusty
I think Trev may swim with the sharks. πŸ˜‰

-VR
I think that if there were a meetup at which he (Trev) and I attended and we started a match, by the time we finished it my beard would be longer than Rip Van Winkles or he'd win by default as I'd likely be dead.πŸ˜²πŸ™„πŸ˜‰

Resident of Planet X

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
16 Jan 18

Originally posted by @great-big-stees
I think that if there were a meetup at which he (Trev) and I attended and we started a match, by the time we finished it my beard would be longer than Rip Van Winkles or he'd win by default as I'd likely be dead.πŸ˜²πŸ™„πŸ˜‰
Trev doesn't do speed. πŸ™‚

Moves
16 Jan 18

Originally posted by @ghost-of-a-duke
Trev doesn't do speed. πŸ™‚
I am keenly aware of that. πŸ˜‰

Resident of Planet X

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
16 Jan 18

Originally posted by @great-big-stees
I am keenly aware of that. πŸ˜‰
I tend to make a move against him and then go around the world on a skateboard. He's usually moved upon my return, but not always. πŸ™‚

Not that I mind. Chess is a journey after all, not a race.