Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
General Forum

General Forum

  1. Subscriber Very Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    30 Dec '17 23:54 / 3 edits
    I will start by saying there are several people. All the Clan members I've been playing with for close to a decade now. Oh yea I can't forget GBS & Handy Andy

    Maiden Gertrude, Robbie, Potatoe Head, little v. just to see what they are really like. Oh and how could I forget hoh!

    -VR
  2. Standard member HandyAndy
    Non sum qualis eram
    31 Dec '17 00:16
    Torunn
  3. Subscriber lemondrop
    scallywag
    31 Dec '17 00:19 / 1 edit
    robbie and the Duchess
    could be the title of a porn film
  4. 31 Dec '17 00:48
    Ms drewnogal
  5. 31 Dec '17 01:15
    Originally posted by @blood-on-the-tracks
    Ms drewnogal
    Thank you ...but I’d have to bring my sisters along too you know.
  6. Subscriber LEUR
    TEXAS
    31 Dec '17 01:40
    Originally posted by @drewnogal
    Thank you ...but I’d have to bring my sisters along too you know.
    I would love to meet the Nogal sisters. I have enjoyed talking to Arany so much that I call her "sweetheart".
  7. 31 Dec '17 02:02
    Originally posted by @leur
    I would love to meet the Nogal sisters. I have enjoyed talking to Arany so much that I call her "sweetheart".
    She’s lovely; very thoughtful, kind and smart.

    The three of us together? We can talk the hind legs off a donkey.
  8. Standard member HandyAndy
    Non sum qualis eram
    31 Dec '17 03:07
    Originally posted by @drewnogal
    She’s lovely; very thoughtful, kind and smart.

    The three of us together? We can talk the hind legs off a donkey.
    Your two sisters each get a leg. Which part do you get?
  9. Subscriber FMF
    Main Poster
    31 Dec '17 03:10
    Originally posted by @very-rusty
    RHP Member You Would Like To Meet In Person
    There'd be several. I'll mention one: Kewpie.
  10. Subscriber FMF
    Main Poster
    31 Dec '17 03:33
    Originally posted by @very-rusty
    RHP Member You Would Like To Meet In Person
    It would be interesting to meet up with a gaggle of the unspeakably tragic internet creatures who - in debates about various ultimately inconsequential things - have threatened to beat me up if they were ever to meet me - or muttered dark insinuations about doing so - just to see if they actually do it. That'd be people like [...and I'm looking back at old thread lists to remind myself of the names] FreakyKBH, Chess Praxis, normbenign, chaney3, Hugh Glass, utherpendragon, and adam warlock, and there were maybe others.
  11. Standard member HandyAndy
    Non sum qualis eram
    31 Dec '17 04:36
    Originally posted by @fmf
    It would be interesting to meet up with a gaggle of the unspeakably tragic internet creatures who - in debates about various ultimately inconsequential things - have threatened to beat me up if they were ever to meet me - or muttered dark insinuations about doing so - just to see if they actually do it. That'd be people like [...and I'm looking back at old thre ...[text shortened]... normbenign, chaney3, Hugh Glass, utherpendragon, and adam warlock, and there were maybe others.
    Sounds like it would make a great movie.
  12. Subscriber Kewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    31 Dec '17 06:15
    I've met drewnogal, aranya10, Torunn and Ponderable - and they were all just the way I'd imagined them.

    My to-do list includes divegeester, Great Big Stees, ale1552, Khandita108, Flash and ale1552, and another half dozen I won't name here. From where I start it's a major project ...
  13. 31 Dec '17 09:25 / 1 edit
    There are a few on my list, and first is Andy.

    Also Drew, Stees, Divegeester - nice, humorous people. Kewpie I have already met here in Gothenburg, look forward to a next time if we can manage.
  14. 31 Dec '17 10:40 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by @kewpie
    I've met drewnogal, aranya10, Torunn and Ponderable - and they were all just the way I'd imagined them.

    My to-do list includes divegeester, Great Big Stees, ale1552, Khandita108, Flash and ale1552, and another half dozen I won't name here. From where I start it's a major project ...
    Aranya and I were delighted to meet with you. You and your charming husband took us out to dinner and you also brought us a little gift. You are a very warm and friendly person Kewpie and we were honoured that you included Wales on your tour across the world.

    In addition to the many people I’ve chatted with during games and pm’s (the exception being a particular creep from the Netherlands!) the top of my list would be the player Cealoch. We’ve played a game continually through my 5 years on the site and share a great love of the outdoors.
  15. 31 Dec '17 11:58
    It’s easier to make a list of people I wouldn’t want to meet. It would be a very short list (maybe 3 or 4) and for obvious reasons I won’t name them, but my reason would be for finding them truly objectionable individuals who are/were also a little scary.

    Everyone else here at RHP I’d love to meet at some point if the world tilted on it’s axis sufficiently.