1. Account suspended
    Moves
    09 Aug '16 20:562 edits
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    I went to JW.org to see what it is all about, have to confess I know very little about JW's. Anyway that site showed only 1/10th or less the questions posed by that list. Does that mean if the questions posed are not on that list, the list is void?
    The list contains both truth and untruth. The idea that we are not allowed to join a club is ludicrous. One of the elders in my congregation goes to a club where they fly model aircraft. I may join a chess club myself. The idea that we cannot discuss politics is also ludicrous. We cannot join the armed forces though or kill any other human being, that is true.
  2. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    09 Aug '16 21:182 edits
    Originally posted by Very Rusty
    Sir,
    This is something I came across on the internet. I know we can't trust everything we read on the internet. So, I would like to ask you being you are a JW. Are these things true?

141 Things Jehovah Witnesses Can’t Do
    141 Rules. Things Jehovah’s Witnesses Can’t Do.

1.Belong to another organization or club for the purpose of socializing wit ...[text shortened]... of all men! Huh… something to ponder! I don’t have an ax to grind with men, just making a point.
    Robbie is an exception. Leave Robbie alone! Robbie has powers that you cannot even fathom, like being able to pinpoint the pH of any soil in the world, just by sniffing it.
  3. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    09 Aug '16 21:201 edit
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    Ok Crusty you got me, I joined the gym breaking rule number one.
    robbie,
    That is what I was asking you if all those rules were true? You just completely refused to answer the question. You would sooner dodge around and answer some of the questions which may or may not be true.

Regards,
    -VR
  4. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    09 Aug '16 21:23
    Originally posted by whodey
    Robbie is a exception. Robbie has powers that you cannot even fathom, like being able to pinpoint the pH of any soil in the world, just by sniffing it.
    LOL...
    You mean kind of like a hound dog!

Regards,
    -VR
  5. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    09 Aug '16 21:251 edit
    The list contains both truth and untruth. The idea that we are not allowed to join a club is ludicrous. One of the elders in my congregation goes to a club where they fly model aircraft. I may join a chess club myself. The idea that we cannot discuss politics is also ludicrous. We cannot join the armed forces though or kill any other human being, that is true.
    robbie,
    I see so if an elder does it, it is ok for you to do it too! Is it true women can't be elders?

Regards,
    -VR
  6. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    09 Aug '16 21:28
    LOL...
    You mean kind of like a hound dog!

Regards,
    -VR
    It's just a friendly warming. You have no idea who you are messing with.
  7. Account suspended
    Moves
    09 Aug '16 21:301 edit
    robbie,
    I see so if an elder does it, it is ok for you to do it too! Is it true women can't be elders?

Regards,
    -VR
    Yup, no lady elders, the qualifications for an elder are laid out in the Bible and specify a male, but no, if an elder does it does not mean that its ok, what it means is that your list contains many falsehoods.
  8. Account suspended
    Moves
    09 Aug '16 21:32
    Robbie is an exception. Leave Robbie alone! Robbie has powers that you cannot even fathom, like being able to pinpoint the pH of any soil in the world, just by sniffing it.
    Are you kidding I spent a fortune on bogus pH meters. well at lest £30
  9. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    09 Aug '16 21:361 edit
    What's the latest direction from the Watchtower regarding watching the Olympic Games?
  10. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    09 Aug '16 21:461 edit
    Yup, no lady elders, the qualifications for an elder are laid out in the Bible and specify a male, but no, if an elder does it does not mean that its ok, what it means is that your list contains many falsehoods.
    robbie,
    I told you at the start of the thread, it was something I came across on the internet not my list. I was asking you if it were true or false. So you look at woman as not being as important.

Seems there is a lot of bias to me if what you said is true. If it wasn't for the women having babies the JW'S would die off pretty quickly. Perhaps they should refuse sex, until they have equal rights.

Regards,
    -VR
  11. Account suspended
    Moves
    09 Aug '16 21:49
    Originally posted by divegeester
    What's the latest direction from the Watchtower regarding watching the Olympic Games?
    I am not sure but perhaps this might be relevent.

For physical training is beneficial for a little, but godly devotion is beneficial for all things, as it holds promise of the life now and the life that is to come - 1 Timothy 4:8.
  12. Account suspended
    Moves
    09 Aug '16 21:541 edit
    robbie,
    I told you at the start of the thread, it was something I came across on the internet not my list. I was asking you if it were true or false. So you look at woman as not being as important.

Seems there is a lot of bias to me if what you said is true. If it wasn't for the women having babies the JW'S would die off pretty quickly. Perhaps they should refuse sex, until they have equal rights.

Regards,
    -VR
    Crusty your plastic, transparent, dishonest distortions of reality are quite frankly tedious. Your use of loaded questions is hackneyed and not very clever and its beneath my dignity to furnish them with a response. If you think that women are not important that's your affair, its not a position that I hold nor have expressed. Your finger pointing self righteous routine can be found on message boards all across the internet, please find the tone control and try to turn it all the way up, there's a good fellow.
  13. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    09 Aug '16 21:57
    It's just a friendly warming. You have no idea who you are messing with.
    LOL.......

Warming noted! 😉

Regards,
    -VR
  14. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    09 Aug '16 22:014 edits
    Crusty your plastic, transparent, dishonest distortions of reality are quite frankly tedious. Your use of loaded questions is hackneyed and not very clever and its beneath my dignity to furnish them with a response. If you think that women are not important that's your affair, its not a position that I hold nor have expressed. Your finger pointing ...[text shortened]... internet, please find the tone control and try to turn it all the way up, there's a good fellow.
    robbie,
    Looks like I hit a nerve there. There is more like the robbie I know, striking out. All I was asking was some questions to find out if they were true or not. Not my fault if you don't like my opinion on some of your answers. I don't recall ever saying I was clever. 😉
    Appears they (WOMEN) can not be made elders so that would mean they are not considered to be equal to man at least in the JW community, from what I can see.

Kind Regards,
    Maybe have a relaxing brew, to calm you down, there's a good fellow, 😉
    Karma still nipping at your butt,
    Sincerely,
    -VR
  15. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    09 Aug '16 23:01
    Are you kidding I spent a fortune on bogus pH meters. well at lest £30
    Ok, I'll play along. Just go easily on the poor soul.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree