1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    09 Aug '16 23:05
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    Well, there IS a 'movement' about to abolish all the forums and put everything into one ginormous forum, for the fanbois who want everyone to be able to see them in all their unearned 'glory' (all fanbois all the time).
    Who has proposed "abolishing all the forums" and creating only one? Nobody as far as I recall. Name names. Otherwise, you're just making stuff up.
  2. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Read a book!
    Moves
    09 Aug '16 23:18
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    Yup, no lady elders, the qualifications for an elder are laid out in the Bible and specify a male...
    And why change it after all these thousands of years?
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    09 Aug '16 23:25
    If you want to know about the beliefs of Jehovahs Witnesses go to jw.org, its the only official site on the internet.
    I support your freedom of thought and religion and worship, of course, robbie, but there's something almost unbearably tragic about a self-professed 'free moral agent' directing people to a corporate web site in order to find out what he believes. 😉
  4. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    09 Aug '16 23:43
    Originally posted by FMF
    Who has proposed "abolishing all the forums" and creating only one? Nobody as far as I recall. Name names. Otherwise, you're just making stuff up.
    "What?"
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    10 Aug '16 00:211 edit
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    "What?"
    You just made it up. No one has ever proposed "one ginormous forum" after "abolishing all [other] forums". If you disagree with what people say or propose, just do it. Don't just make stuff up and rail against that instead. 😛
  6. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    10 Aug '16 03:341 edit
    I am not sure but perhaps this might be relevent.

For physical training is beneficial for a little, but godly devotion is beneficial for all things, as it holds promise of the life now and the life that is to come - 1 Timothy 4:8.
    No I don't think that is relevant at all to me asking you about the watchtower's and your opinion of people watching the Olympic Games.

For example, do you still think that people watching the olympics is them 'bowing and praying' to a man-made God?
  7. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    10 Aug '16 17:11
    Originally posted by divegeester
    No I don't think that is relevant at all to me asking you about the watchtower's and your opinion of people watching the Olympic Games.

For example, do you still think that people watching the olympics is them 'bowing and praying' to a man-made God?
    WOW,
    Is that really what he thinks? Those JW'S must be good brain washers if that is the case.

Regards,
    -VR
  8. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    10 Aug '16 18:07
    Originally posted by Very Rusty
    WOW, Is that really what he thinks?
    Yes it is what he thinks, although I don't know why you are surprised.
  9. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    10 Aug '16 18:202 edits
    Yes it is what he thinks, although I don't know why you are surprised.
    Dive,
    The answer why I am surprised is very simple. I don't know anything about JW'S, you probably know more than I do from speaking with robbie in the Spirituality Forum. I never go there. My Parents who were Roman Catholic would never let them in when they came around. One thing about them is they were always well dressed in suits came in pairs, and always very polite.

Regards,
    -VR
  10. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    10 Aug '16 18:41
    Originally posted by Very Rusty
    Dive,
    The answer why I am surprised is very simple. I don't know anything about JW'S, you probably know more than I do from speaking with robbie in the Spirituality Forum. I never go there. My Parents who were Roman Catholic would never let them in when they came around. One thing about them is they were always well dressed in suits came in pairs, and always very polite.

Regards,
    -VR
    Thankfully robbie Carrobie does not come in a pair; but he's not very polite...
  11. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    10 Aug '16 18:59
    Dive,
    Yes, which is what made me wonder if he is a JW.

Regards,
    -VR
  12. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    10 Aug '16 20:11
    Originally posted by FMF
    If you disagree with what people say or propose, just do it.
    I already did. And I did when it was first brought up, and every time it's brought up, as you well know.
  13. Account suspended
    Moves
    10 Aug '16 20:52
    I don't think that some who calls himself a Christian and then engages in foul mouthed rants terming others bell ends, pricks etc should be deemed an authority on polite forum etiquette, not unless they want their hypocrisy exposed for all to see that is. 🙂
  14. Standard memberSeitse
    Doug Stanhope
    That's Why I Drink
    Moves
    10 Aug '16 21:03
    I don't think that some who calls himself a Christian and then engages in foul mouthed rants terming others bell ends, pricks etc should be deemed an authority on polite forum etiquette, not unless they want their hypocrisy exposed for all to see that is. 🙂
    FMF's lapdog is as Christian as Caitlyn Jenner is a woman.
  15. Account suspended
    Moves
    10 Aug '16 21:15
    Originally posted by Seitse
    FMF's lapdog is as Christian as Caitlyn Jenner is a woman.
    LOL man if i could send you some hipster £20 a pint beer down the fiber optic I would 😀

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree