1. SubscriberKewpieonline
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    01 Aug '13 04:32
    {Two or three sentences per poster, no more please}

The coffee was stale again. What did it take to get people to make decent coffee?
  2. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    01 Aug '13 06:30
    Originally posted by Kewpie

The coffee was stale again. What did it take to get people to make decent coffee?
    And who would care?
  3. Subscriberkevcvs57
    Flexible
    The wrong side of 60
    Moves
    01 Aug '13 08:261 edit

Good raw materials and modicum of training on suitable coffee making equipment, and as another poster alluded to, they would have to care whether or not you enjoyed your coffee.
  4. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    01 Aug '13 08:42
    Originally posted by JS357
    And who would care?
    I care about Strong, Black Coffee and Everything RHP.
  5. SubscriberKewpieonline
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    01 Aug '13 10:50
    Oh well. Thought I'd try a story thread but it didn't work. Back to the drawing board.
  6. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    01 Aug '13 11:28

Detective Inspector Lance Spector was sitting at his usual spot at the local Java Hut enjoying his fourth mug of what they kindly referred to as coffee when someone tapped him on the shoulder. It was John "the Snitch" Carbunkle and he looked very excited about something.
  7. Standard memberChessPraxis
    Cowboy From Hell
    American West
    Moves
    01 Aug '13 11:52
    Nothin' new, I've always been a man of few words, until I drink. 😞
  8. Joined
    10 May '07
    Moves
    01 Aug '13 12:181 edit
    Originally posted by Great Big Stees
    Detective Inspector Lance Spector was sitting at his usual spot at the local Java Hut enjoying his fourth mug of what they kindly referred to as coffee when someone tapped him on the shoulder. It was John "the Snitch" Carbunkle and he looked very excited about something.
    "Hi Carbunkle, I was hoping you'd show up. What have you got for me?"
  9. Joined
    10 May '07
    Moves
    01 Aug '13 12:191 edit
    Originally posted by ChessPraxis
    Nothin' new, I've always been a man of few words, until I drink. 😞
    Well, let's have a drink! 🙂
  10. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    01 Aug '13 12:44
    Originally posted by lolof
    "Hi Carbunkle, I was hoping you'd show up. What have you got for me?"
    You remember that guy John, you know the one you caught with all the stolen loot from that big mansion up on Snyder Point? Well he's out and says that he's going to come after you. What ya gunna do Spector...huh?...what ya gunna do?
  11. SubscriberKewpieonline
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    01 Aug '13 12:50
    You remember that guy John, you know the one you caught with all the stolen loot from that big mansion up on Snyder Point? Well he's out and says that he's going to come after you. What ya gunna do Spector...huh?...what ya gunna do?
    "If I had a dollar for everyone who's said that I'd be rich", sneered Spector. "I only pay for info on future jobs, you know that."
  12. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    01 Aug '13 12:52
    "If I had a dollar for everyone who's said that I'd be rich", sneered Spector. "I only pay for info on future jobs, you know that."
    Well from what I told you I'd say that it's going to happen in the future...yours.
  13. Joined
    10 May '07
    Moves
    01 Aug '13 13:13
    Well from what I told you I'd say that it's going to happen in the future...yours.
    "Thanks Carbunkle, I think I can deal with him. But I hear there's a new guy in town who could be a lot of trouble - has already created a lot of disturbance in some areas. What do you know about him ...?
  14. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    01 Aug '13 13:27
    Originally posted by lolof
    "Thanks Carbunkle, I think I can deal with him. But I hear there's a new guy in town who could be a lot of trouble - has already created a lot of disturbance in some areas. What do you know about him ...?
    You mean that guy from down by the docks? Don't know too much really, think his name, well his street name, is Navy cause he's got big anchors tattoed on both his arms.
  15. Joined
    10 May '07
    Moves
    01 Aug '13 13:37
    You mean that guy from down by the docks? Don't know too much really, think his name, well his street name, is Navy cause he's got big anchors tattoed on both his arms.
    "Try to get as much news as possible, I wanna know what he's up to - before things start happening, not after... is that clear? And report back as soon as you have anything."

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree