1. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    25 Aug '17 18:44
    Originally posted by @very-rusty
    roma45,

You are absolutely right about the term non-sub-scum being used for years, doesn't really mean the people are scum...Like when someone calls someone a pervert, etc., etc., doesn't mean they are serious about it. All used in banter as far as I am concerned.

I remember years ago way back getting a forum ban for calling someone a knob head, it was considered racist. Had absolutely nothing to do with race!!!

-VR
    I'll try appealing to the rational part of your brain. (Heaven help me).

The term 'non-sub scum' may have been around for years, but most non-subs (by their very nature) probably haven't and are therefore more likely to take the term as an insult rather than just banter. This can only result in RHP being perceived as an unfriendly place, which isn't in anyone's interest.
  2. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    25 Aug '17 19:062 edits
    Originally posted by @ghost-of-a-duke

The term 'non-sub scum' may have been around for years, but most non-subs (by their very nature) probably haven't and are therefore more likely to take the term as an insult rather than just banter. This can only result in RHP being perceived as an unfriendly place, which isn't in anyone's interest.
    goad,

Only by the cry babies like yourself, who just come on here to stir the pot anyways. You are not that interested in actually playing chess, or buying a Subscription which leads me to believe you may already have one, and don't want to say some of the things under that name so use this one. I of course have no way of proving this.

You claim to be a shrink, so must have a few bucks hanging around!! 😉 😛

BTW: Good thread roma45!!!

-VR
  3. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    25 Aug '17 19:21
    Originally posted by @very-rusty
    goad,

Only by the cry babies like yourself, who just come on here to stir the pot anyways. You are not that interested in actually playing chess, or buying a Subscription which leads me to believe you may already have one, and don't want to say some of the things under that name so use this one. I of course have no way of proving this.

You claim t ...[text shortened]... shrink, so must have a few bucks hanging around!! 😉 😛

BTW: Good thread roma45!!!

-VR
    Unless you have more than 1 account (or play on another site) I have played almost double the number of chess games you have in the last 10 years. (And that's excluding OTB). So saying I have little interest in playing chess is just another silly comment to add to the list. (And boy, is it a long list).
  4. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    25 Aug '17 19:361 edit
    Unless you have more than 1 account (or play on another site) I have played almost double the number of chess games you have in the last 10 years. (And that's excluding OTB). So saying I have little interest in playing chess is just another silly comment to add to the list. (And boy, is it a long list).
    goad,

I have no idea what you play on the other site, all I know is you haven't played a whole lot on this site, just come on and stir the pot. You seem to be on here all the time. When do you have time for you patients if that is indeed true?

I would have to see your stats on the other site to even believe you've played double the amount of games as me in the past 10 years....PROVE IT!!!!

By the way I do have an account on another site and can prove the games I've played!!! 😉

-VR
  5. Subscriberroma45online
    st johnstone
    Moves
    25 Aug '17 20:05

So you have no problem with subs being called snobs?
    I take it you live on a one way street?
    I joined here to play chess took about a year before I found the forums some other sites I play on you have to be a paying member before you can post.
    More free features on RHP than any other site so I think the few non subs who post regularly can take the banter of non sub scum without you being the self appointmented spokesman for everyone on here
    I sussed you out in a few posts you can certainly dish the abuse out but struggle to take any.
    You worked hard to lose the scum status congratulations you have now got it back.
  6. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    25 Aug '17 20:17
    Originally posted by @roma45
    So you have no problem with subs being called snobs?
    I take it you live on a one way street?
    I joined here to play chess took about a year before I found the forums some other sites I play on you have to be a paying member before you can post.
    More free features on RHP than any other site so I think the few non subs who post regularly can take the banter ...[text shortened]... to take any.
    You worked hard to lose the scum status congratulations you have now got it back.
    I said the exact opposite. 🙄

Why would I think it okay to call subs snobs when i'm a sub myself on another site?

Dude, your deck is missing a few cards.
  7. Account suspended
    Moves
    25 Aug '17 20:36

Why would I think it okay to call subs snobs when i'm a sub myself on another site?

Section 28 him and whack him with some Largactil , the change will do him good! Plus it will make me feel better too. 😵
  8. Subscriberroma45online
    st johnstone
    Moves
    25 Aug '17 20:49

Curious
    Lots of players have been using both slurs
    You quickly jumped in outraged by the term non sub scum never mentioned sub snobs.
    Well until I pointed it out.

You are a few suits short if a deck
  9. Account suspended
    Moves
    25 Aug '17 23:29
    Curious
    Lots of players have been using both slurs
    You quickly jumped in outraged by the term non sub scum never mentioned sub snobs.
    Well until I pointed it out.

You are a few suits short if a deck
    Why is this guy still walking around, get him sectioned and whacked! 😵
  10. Joined
    07 Feb '09
    Moves
    26 Aug '17 00:13
    Originally posted by @robbie-carrobie
    Section 28 him and whack him with some Largactil , the change will do him good! Plus it will make me feel better too. 😵
    Yes, you need all the feel good you can get.
    You know ...... after being labelled a disgrace to the clan community.
  11. Account suspended
    Moves
    26 Aug '17 00:19
    What category do you fall into
    Do you think those who actually pay for a sub are snobs?
    Do you think non subs are scum?
    Well, well, well.

The sub snob has spoken.
  12. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    26 Aug '17 00:35
    What category do you fall into
    Do you think those who actually pay for a sub are snobs?
    Do you think non subs are scum?
    Subs are one monetizable RHP revenue stream, non subs are another. That's all.
  13. santa cruz, ca.
    Moves
    26 Aug '17 00:45
    I see a big difference between being call a snob as opposed to scum
    you can make light of snob
    but scum
    that's a low blow
  14. Standard memberlemon lime
    itiswhatitis
    oLd ScHoOl
    Moves
    26 Aug '17 05:58
    Pay and talk or talk for free. Yeah, tough choice.
    I'm a non-sub snob, and proud of it.
  15. Account suspended
    Moves
    26 Aug '17 06:23
    Originally posted by @mghrn55
    Yes, you need all the feel good you can get.
    You know ...... after being labelled a disgrace to the clan community.
    Gee its like being counselled on what to wear for dinner from a psycho killer!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree