1. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    07 Apr '15 01:08
    Originally posted by FMF
    You missed my point altogether. The quotes were weak nonsense. I changed them to show how they might then contain some truth.
    At least they were actual quotes.

If you don't like their content, maybe you should take that up with the persons who said them.
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    07 Apr '15 01:281 edit
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    At least they were actual quotes.

If you don't like their content, maybe you should take that up with the persons who said them.
    You mean try to contact Herman Hesse, Carrie Jones, George Bernard Shaw and David Gemmell, rather than just react to them being quoted on this message board? 😀
  3. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    08 Apr '15 15:412 edits
    Unrest in the United States of America at present is almost palpable. Many spokespersons of its major political parties and crusader factions frequently attest to [and in some instances promote] emotionally driven personality attack and character assassination on the evening news. Why this level of vitriolic hatred for opposing points of view? If the bedrock base of your own knowledge of the constitution and understanding of its steadfast principles is secure, why not simply express strong rational disagreement while respecting the opposing views of other citizens? Lack of confidence? The need to prop up weak self esteem? Other? "Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds." -Albert Einstein
  4. SubscriberThe Gravedigger
    Jack Torrance
    Overlook Hotel
    Moves
    08 Apr '15 20:37
    Originally posted by hakima
    That's a lot of money...
    I wanted to say "leave it to me, you'll be glad you did"
    but that wouldn't be right and
    I really hate hearing about anyone hating themselves
    the way you said you do...

I hope you find peace, amazing things to do with your money
    and with really great people, while you live,
    and spend it all before you go...
    Appreciate your kind words
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    08 Apr '15 23:59
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    Unrest in the United States of America at present is almost palpable. Many spokespersons of its major political parties and crusader factions frequently attest to [and in some instances promote] emotionally driven personality attack and character assassination on the evening news. Why this level of vitriolic hatred for opposing points of view? If the bedrock base of your own knowledge of the constitution and understanding of its steadfast principles is secure, why not simply express strong rational disagreement while respecting the opposing views of other citizens? Lack of confidence? The need to prop up weak self esteem? Other?

Do you direct these comments at people from all across the spectrum of US retail politics? Citizens killing policemen and burning cars and demonizing politicians on the right to the extent we sometimes see is clearly rooted in varying degrees of "hate". I think we can agree. Do you also see those on the right in the US who vilify and demonize your own president sometimes with extraordinary vitriol and rancour as having succumbed to "hate" as well?
  6. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    09 Apr '15 23:511 edit
    Imagine the deviant status of people who choose to hate other human beings. Even the lesser species of the pyramidal food change in the jungle and elsewhere focus their aggressions on protecting their offspring and foraging for their food.
  7. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    10 Apr '15 12:11
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    Imagine the deviant status of people who choose to hate other human beings. Even the lesser species of the pyramidal food change in the jungle and elsewhere focus their aggressions on protecting their offspring and foraging for their food.
    Imagine the deviant status of people who choose to hate other human beings. Even the lesser species of the pyramidal food chain in the jungle and elsewhere focus their aggressions on protecting their offspring and foraging for their food. [corrected]

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree