1. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    01 Oct '19 18:42
    @very-rusty said
    You are a better man than I am gbs. I wouldn't have stuck in that line waiting! 😉

-VR
    Do you know how many good looking women sew their own clothing? Get you head outta the sand and stick yourself in a line at a dress pattern sale.
  2. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    01 Oct '19 19:201 edit
    @great-big-stees said
    Do you know how many good looking women sew their own clothing? Get you head outta the sand and stick yourself in a line at a dress pattern sale.
    Why would I need to that, when I am surounded by beautiful women every day?

One of us have our head stuck in the sand though! 😛 😉

I would find myself in a sad state if I had to stand in a line at a dress pattern sale to see beautiful women! 😉

-VR
  3. Joined
    11 Jul '06
    Moves
    01 Oct '19 20:18
    I am not stuck here. I just stuck this here. If you can't tell the difference, it's your problem. Not mine.
  4. Gothenburg
    Moves
    01 Oct '19 20:341 edit
    @very-rusty said
    Why would I need to that, when I am surounded by beautiful women every day?

One of us have our head stuck in the sand though! 😛 😉

I would find myself in a sad state if I had to stand in a line at a dress pattern sale to see beautiful women! 😉

-VR
    I don't even know where to look for a dress pattern sale. I stick to ready-made but never on sale.
  5. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    02 Oct '19 11:57
    @torunn said
    I don't even know where to look for a dress pattern sale. I stick to ready-made but never on sale.
    It would be a sticky situation to spot you at a sale for dresses! 😉

-VR
  6. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    03 Oct '19 12:111 edit
    @very-rusty said
    It would be a sticky situation to spot you at a sale for dresses! 😉

-VR
    Why? She, like me, has proffered/stuck a photo of herself making it quite easy to spot her should you be near enough to her to recognize her...or me, for that matter.
  7. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    03 Oct '19 12:152 edits
    @great-big-stees said
    Why? She, like me, has proffered/stuck a photo of herself making it quite easy to spot her should you be near enough to her to recognize her...or me, for that matter.
    Simple gbs because of what she said would make it a sticky situation:

"I don't even know where to look for a dress pattern sale. I stick to ready-made but never on sale."

Now you understand? Kind of like having your hand caught in the cookie Jar after saying you never ate them.

-VR
  8. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    04 Oct '19 12:35
    @very-rusty said
    Simple gbs because of what she said would make it a sticky situation:

"I don't even know where to look for a dress pattern sale. I stick to ready-made but never on sale."

Now you understand? Kind of like having your hand caught in the cookie Jar after saying you never ate them.

-VR
    Speaking of being stuck. Have you ever found yourself stuck in a situation that seems inescapable? 🤔
  9. Gothenburg
    Moves
    04 Oct '19 12:411 edit
    @great-big-stees said
    Speaking of being stuck. Have you ever found yourself stuck in a situation that seems inescapable? 🤔
    When you give birth to a child, there is really no other way out but... out! 🙂 That situation is inescapable, and is still stuck in my mind.
  10. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    04 Oct '19 13:06
    @torunn said
    When you give birth to a child, there is really no other way out but... out! 🙂 That situation is inescapable, and is still stuck in my mind.
    Many years ago I was stuck in a hospital emergency room in horrible pain. The only relief I was able to get was by moving around (walking). Twice the triage nurse said that I was to stay seated and if I didn't she was going to have me strapped on a gurney. When my "problem was diagnosed (kidney stones) the attending doctor said that sometimes kidney stones can be a painful as giving birth. Never having given birth I said that I couldn't compare the two but that my kidney stone attack sure was painful. I ended up having "invasive" surgery.
  11. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    04 Oct '19 14:02
    @great-big-stees said
    Many years ago I was stuck in a hospital emergency room in horrible pain. The only relief I was able to get was by moving around (walking). Twice the triage nurse said that I was to stay seated and if I didn't she was going to have me strapped on a gurney. When my "problem was diagnosed (kidney stones) the attending doctor said that sometimes kidney stones can be a pa ...[text shortened]... pare the two but that my kidney stone attack sure was painful. I ended up having "invasive" surgery.
    Have you ever been in a room where a woman was giving birth? I was for our first and would never want to go through it. The doctor even let me cut the cord. I 've had pain in my life with different medical situations never had the kidney stones though which I understand is very painfull, I don't know if it comes close to child birth though and wouldn't want to be stuck in that situation for sure.

-VR
  12. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    04 Oct '19 14:17
    @very-rusty said
    Have you ever been in a room where a woman was giving birth? I was for our first and would never want to go through it. The doctor even let me cut the cord. I 've had pain in my life with different medical situations never had the kidney stones though which I understand is very painfull, I don't know if it comes close to child birth though and wouldn't want to be stuck in that situation for sure.

-VR
    I was present for the birth of both of my "kids" and although my wife, at the time, was somewhat angry with me, accusing me of being the reason for her pain, it was an experience I would never have missed.
  13. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    04 Oct '19 14:23
    @great-big-stees said
    I was present for the birth of both of my "kids" and although my wife, at the time, was somewhat angry with me, accusing me of being the reason for her pain, it was an experience I would never have missed.
    Agreed, it is quite an experience for sure. So you have a first had experience of birth and how painful that is. Think your pain was that bad? I guess it would be sticky trying to compare the two. For example would it be as painful as someone who has had cancer...I guess one would have had to experience it themselves to actually know.

-VR
  14. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    04 Oct '19 14:31
    @very-rusty said
    Agreed, it is quite an experience for sure. So you have a first had experience of birth and how painful that is. Think your pain was that bad? I guess it would be sticky trying to compare the two. For example would it be as painful as someone who has had cancer...I guess one would have had to experience it themselves to actually know.

-VR
    Well as "luck" would have it I've had cancer too. The only pain I had was after the surgery and so in an indirect way I guess cancer was painful though nothing like the kidney stones. I'm gunna stick with the kidney stones pain as the worst of any pain I have had to endure. Boy I sure am exposing myself to a lot of folks here eh? Oh well, my choice eh?
  15. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    04 Oct '19 14:42
    @great-big-stees said
    Well as "luck" would have it I've had cancer too. The only pain I had was after the surgery and so in an indirect way I guess cancer was painful though nothing like the kidney stones. I'm gunna stick with the kidney stones pain as the worst of any pain I have had to endure. Boy I sure am exposing myself to a lot of folks here eh? Oh well, my choice eh?
    It would all depend on the type of cancer you had, thankfully you made it as many don't. Some cancers are very painful before the surgery then you have the surgery and that pain to deal with as well. I understand colon cancer to be quite painful also compared to child bearing as the kidney stones were to you. Just stick to being you and don't be concerned about exposing yourself.

-VR

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree