Both, or neither?
  5. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    29 Oct '17 20:39
    Originally posted by @paul-a-roberts
    Both, or neither?
    😀 Being a humble man of moderation, I'd go for neither.
  6. Gothenburg
    Moves
    29 Oct '17 20:42
    Originally posted by @ghost-of-a-duke
    😀 Being a humble man of moderation, I'd go for neither.
    I have never been stoned - drunk a few times in my youth but I hated it.
  7. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    29 Oct '17 20:54
    Neither nor
  8. Mar-a-Lago
    Moves
    29 Oct '17 21:02
    drunk
  9. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    29 Oct '17 21:05
    Originally posted by @captain-strange
    drunk
    Is that an answer to the OP or a status update?

🙂
  10. Mar-a-Lago
    Moves
    29 Oct '17 21:08
    Originally posted by @ghost-of-a-duke
    Is that an answer to the OP or a status update?

🙂
    🙂
  11. santa cruz, ca.
    Moves
    29 Oct '17 22:15
    Originally posted by @torunn
    I have never been stoned - drunk a few times in my youth but I hated it.
    if you've never been stoned then you have wasted your youth
  12. Joined
    15 Jun '10
    Moves
    29 Oct '17 22:19
    Originally posted by @apathist
    I think you're supposed to vote now.
    I have been both in extremis when I wore a younger mans' trousers. The one ( very stoned) tended to induce a high state of paranoia, the other ( very drunk) made one fall over, often in unusual places, and not get up again for a bit. Stupid thing is I kept trying them both but the result was mostly the same. In the end I settled for moderation in both, often at the same time, which seemed to work better; made me a more functional and well rounded human being. (The alcohol took the edge off the paranoia and the weed made me inclined to drink less alcohol). As for the vote, I prefer to abstain; despite all the ups and downs (or perhaps better say the highs and lows) I wouldn't have missed it for the world. Take it to the limit, one more time...
    P.S. I have since given the younger man his trousers back.
  13. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    30 Oct '17 02:41
    I'd rather be drunk.

The first time I got stoned was with some friends as teenager, and we watched South Park. I'm sure I would've still thought it was funny but omfg...high, that fkng hilarious. Few times (if ever) have I ever laughed that hard.

However, getting high had diminishing returns for me. I started to feel burnt out, like my brain was fried, and the high didn't feel as good. I only smoked a handful of times by that point, and it wasn't long before I just didn't enjoy it. I've tried it a few times since, and I still don't care for it.

The first time I got drunk was when I was 18. I remember sorta feeling good, but then threw up. That was weird for me, because I didn't even feel it coming. It just happened. I've only thrown up maybe twice in my life (from being drunk). I vastly prefer it over getting high.

One major difference in weed's favor: I found that my driving wasn't noticeably impaired compared to when I was drunk (btw, I haven't done that in years, and never will ever again).
  14. SubscriberDrewnogal
    Constant Gardener
    The Plot
    Moves
    30 Oct '17 10:51
    Neither! They both had disastrous effects upon me though I didn't realise it until I was older. The alcohol, even in moderate amounts, made me depressed and the cannabis made me paranoid. I believe I would have ended up being admitted to hospital with psychosis if I'd not stoped it at around 20 years of age.

Severe intoxication with alcohol can cause death by asphyxiation with organ failure and death. There's no antidote. Cannabis doesn't result in death in tha same way.
  15. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    30 Oct '17 12:57
    Originally posted by @drewnogal
    Neither! They both had disastrous effects upon me though I didn't realise it until I was older. The alcohol, even in moderate amounts, made me depressed and the cannabis made me paranoid. I believe I would have ended up being admitted to hospital with psychosis if I'd not stoped it at around 20 years of age.

Severe intoxication with alcohol can cause d ...[text shortened]... organ failure and death. There's no antidote. Cannabis doesn't result in death in tha same way.
    My guess is you had to big a dose of THC. I haven't done weed in decades, did quite a bit in Thailand but 2 times caused me to pretty much stop, once I heated up a teaspoon of thai stick and ate it and I was in serious trouble for hours, not fun at all. Another time, too much bong and didn't like that either. Taught me a valuable lesson. Now not really interested in weed, even if it is legalized. I don't play guitar worth a shyte when I am stoned and that is important to me, to play my best.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree