1. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    01 Nov '17 14:201 edit
    Originally posted by @ghost-of-a-duke
    No stats to give you, just 20 years of experience and observations in the field.

Personally, I would say drugs like cannabis are more likely to lead to psychosis than alcohol, and that people suffering from psychosis are more likely to turn to alcohol for comfort than cannabis. (Alcohol abuse is more likely to lead to physical conditions like cirrhosis of the liver or mental conditions like Korsakoff syndrome; a form of dementia).
    Definately worse for psychosis weed is, no doubt. Drugs are dangerous and should only be ingested with proper knowledge of the likely affects . A lot of young people would not go through this sort of thought process prior to hitting it.
  2. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    01 Nov '17 15:10
    Originally posted by @karoly-aczel
    Definately worse for psychosis weed is, no doubt. Drugs are dangerous and should only be ingested with proper knowledge of the likely affects . A lot of young people would not go through this sort of thought process prior to hitting it.
    Wisdom I guess comes with age. I dabbled myself with cannabis in my youth. (Don't tell my mum).
  3. Standard memberapathist
    looking for loot
    western colorado
    Moves
    01 Nov '17 17:17
    ...I dabbled myself with cannabis in my youth. ...
    Roll in honey first. The weed will stick better.
  4. SubscriberDrewnogal
    Constant Gardener
    The Plot
    Moves
    01 Nov '17 20:18
    Originally posted by @karoly-aczel
    So meth??
    Yes of course. It's an extremely dangerous drug, as is heroin. I've seen lots of recent reports on the TV of people in a state of physical collapse, disorientation and cognitive dysfunction after having taken crystal meth. I have little knowledge of the chemical constituent of many drugs that are in use now and must admit I was just thinking about my early experience of being stoned which was more of a fun time with fits of giggles with friends and a heightened sensory experience. The effects of some of these stronger drugs appear to be a shutting down any sensory experience?
  5. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    01 Nov '17 23:55
    Wisdom I guess comes with age. I dabbled myself with cannabis in my youth. (Don't tell my mum).
    Parents should be giving you a bit of wisdom as well.

My parents told me zero about drugs and sex.

Not fun to find out the wrong way with either of those.
  6. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    02 Nov '17 00:001 edit
    Originally posted by @drewnogal
    Yes of course. It's an extremely dangerous drug, as is heroin. I've seen lots of recent reports on the TV of people in a state of physical collapse, disorientation and cognitive dysfunction after having taken crystal meth. I have little knowledge of the chemical constituent of many drugs that are in use now and must admit I was just thinking about my earl ...[text shortened]... The effects of some of these stronger drugs appear to be a shutting down any sensory experience?
    Hard to talk about this without seen as promoting drug use.
    I am only promoting choice and individual freedoms. I have authority over my body. Period.
    Of course there can be down sides, including finding out that in the end you disagree with most if not all drugs. But how would anyone ever know this if they did not inform themselves via their senses.
    information from media about drugs is one-sided so it does not constitute proper news in my book. The media should give both sides to an issue or else it is just propaganda.
  7. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    02 Nov '17 14:07
    I started smoking, cigarettes, in the mid 50s (1950s 🙂) and dabbled in pot and some other drugs (nothing really serious) in the early to mid 60s mostly as a way of experiencing the times. I quit smoking cigarettes for good (30+ years ago) after several unsuccessful attempts over the years. The pot and "other drugs", for me were a passing fancy that lasted, maybe a year and I had no trouble stopping. I think it all has to do with the type of person you are. I was addicted to the cigarettes but not the others. BTW I finally quit smoking cigarettes, cold turkey. I wonder why I could be addicted to one form of drug and not others?
  8. Gothenburg
    Moves
    02 Nov '17 14:12
    Originally posted by @great-big-stees
    I started smoking, cigarettes, in the mid 50s (1950s 🙂) and dabbled in pot and some other drugs (nothing really serious) in the early to mid 60s mostly as a way of experiencing the times. I quit smoking cigarettes for good (30+ years ago) after several unsuccessful attempts over the years. The pot and "other drugs", for me were a passing fancy that ...[text shortened]... ng cigarettes, cold turkey. I wonder why I could be addicted to one form of drug and not others?
    Were you really addicted to cigarettes or was it just a bad habit?
  9. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    02 Nov '17 14:14
    Originally posted by @torunn
    Were you really addicted to cigarettes or was it just a bad habit?
    Oh no I was really addicted to them (not in those early years but certainly after a few years). Before my feet hit the ground getting out of bed in the morning I had had my first "puff". Oh I was truly addicted.
  10. Gothenburg
    Moves
    02 Nov '17 14:19
    Oh no I was really addicted to them (not in those early years but certainly after a few years). Before my feet hit the ground getting out of bed in the morning I had had my first "puff". Oh I was truly addicted.
    Yes sounds like it. In that case I understand you had a tough time giving it up. I was never a true smoker even though I did smoke from my teens until was 49. It wasn't 'my thing' and the first cigarrette of the day was the hardest to get through.
  11. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    02 Nov '17 14:23
    Yes sounds like it. In that case I understand you had a tough time giving it up. I was never a true smoker even though I did smoke from my teens until was 49. It wasn't 'my thing' and the first cigarrette of the day was the hardest to get through.
    I quit 2 times before I finally did for good and both times it was for about 2 years.
  12. Gothenburg
    Moves
    02 Nov '17 14:25
    I quit 2 times before I finally did for good and both times it was for about 2 years.
    Would you allow people smoking in your home?
  13. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    02 Nov '17 14:30
    Would you allow people smoking in your home?
    No. We have a smoker here but they are banished to the outdoors no matter the weather. My mother, before she died 4 years ago, refused to visit us for quite some time because I made her smoke outside. She too quit (for about 10 years) after 50+ years of smoking. She died of lung cancer at 93.
  14. Gothenburg
    Moves
    02 Nov '17 14:321 edit
    No. We have a smoker here but they are banished to the outdoors no matter the weather. My mother, before she died 4 years ago, refused to visit us for quite some time because I made her smoke outside. She too quit (for about 10 years) after 50+ years of smoking. She died of lung cancer at 93.
    I wouldn't either, and hardly anyone I know smoke these days, young people mostly smoke.
  15. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    02 Nov '17 15:18
    I started smoking, cigarettes, in the mid 50s (1950s 🙂) and dabbled in pot and some other drugs (nothing really serious) in the early to mid 60s mostly as a way of experiencing the times. I quit smoking cigarettes for good (30+ years ago) after several unsuccessful attempts over the years. The pot and "other drugs", for me were a passing fancy that ...[text shortened]... ng cigarettes, cold turkey. I wonder why I could be addicted to one form of drug and not others?
    Nicotine is more addictive.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree