1. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    30 Jun '18 14:31
    My son put in way too much clarifier, it says one ounce per 5k gallons, my pool is only 10k so 2 ounces, but he put in a lot more than that.

When the pool was turgid the filter would go from 9PSI to 12 or so, indicating it needed backwashing.

Now,the pressure has stayed at 9 for 3 days now, clearly the particles are too small to be trapped by the sand filter.

My pool supply place says just turn off filter for a day or so and the stuff will start to precipitate out.

Is that the only thing I can do? Any advice would be helpful. Thanks in advance.
  2. santa cruz, ca.
    Moves
    30 Jun '18 17:00
    Originally posted by @sonhouse
    My son put in way too much clarifier, it says one ounce per 5k gallons, my pool is only 10k so 2 ounces, but he put in a lot more than that.

When the pool was turgid the filter would go from 9PSI to 12 or so, indicating it needed backwashing.

Now,the pressure has stayed at 9 for 3 days now, clearly the particles are too small to be trapped by the san ...[text shortened]... ipitate out.

Is that the only thing I can do? Any advice would be helpful. Thanks in advance.
    I would try baking soda or ask Google
  3. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    30 Jun '18 19:09
    Originally posted by @lemondrop
    I would try baking soda or ask Google
    I gargled it but mostly they said don't add too much clarifier because it can act as a dispersant if there is too much and the particle size must be nano sized, going right through the dam filter. I called my pool place they said turn off the pump for a day but google says the particles in over clarified pools don't just settle out, more like a colloid, where brownian movement just bounces around the tiny particles forever.
  4. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    30 Jun '18 19:12

Now,the pressure has stayed at 9 for 3 days now, clearly the particles are too small to be trapped by the san ...[text shortened]... ipitate out.

The general advice seems to be that it will eventually clear itself, but will take a while. (The particles will clump together). -Run the filter 24/7 until it clears - Watch the pressure so you'll know when to clean the filter.
  5. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    30 Jun '18 19:47
    Originally posted by @ghost-of-a-duke
    The general advice seems to be that it will eventually clear itself, but will take a while. (The particles will clump together). -Run the filter 24/7 until it clears - Watch the pressure so you'll know when to clean the filter.
    Do you know the dif between 'clarifier' and flocculant? I thought they were the same but not sure.
  6. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    30 Jun '18 20:11
    Do you know the dif between 'clarifier' and flocculant? I thought they were the same but not sure.
    There doesn't appear to be a difference as a flocculant also helps particles clump together. (I had to google that).
  7. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    30 Jun '18 20:42
    Originally posted by @ghost-of-a-duke
    There doesn't appear to be a difference as a flocculant also helps particles clump together. (I had to google that).
    Maybe if we used 'clarifier' maybe flocculant does it a different way chemically? I might try that.
  8. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    30 Jun '18 23:00
    See, this is why I don't have a pool.

I just sponge off friends all summer.

😀
  9. Joined
    06 Nov '15
    Moves
    30 Jun '18 23:09
    Originally posted by @suzianne
    See, this is why I don't have a pool.

I just sponge off friends all summer.

😀
    😛
    Nice Suz...but I hope your friends reimburse you for the sponges.
  10. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    01 Jul '18 06:111 edit
    Oh to only be able live in house with it’s own swimming pool...

When I was a boy we use to swim in the rain puddles left by the tank tracks.
  11. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    01 Jul '18 06:36
    Originally posted by @divegeester
    Oh to only be able live in house with it’s own swimming pool...

When I was a boy we use to swim in the rain puddles left by the tank tracks.
    They had tanks in Barnstable?
  12. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    01 Jul '18 06:521 edit
    Maybe if we used 'clarifier' maybe flocculant does it a different way chemically? I might try that.
    I'd seriously be inclined to wait it out sir, let it clear itself.

I recently laid a mosaic tile floor in the bathroom and the light grey grout has dried in 2 slightly different shades. (Irritates the hell out of me). My instinct is to do something proactive to fix the problem (sandpaper maybe) but have likewise been advised to play the waiting game and to give the floor time to fully dry out, in the hope the color will become uniform.
  13. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    01 Jul '18 10:29
    These are our first world problems today.
  14. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    01 Jul '18 11:11
    Originally posted by @wolfgang59
    lol

Indeed they are sir.
  15. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    01 Jul '18 14:23
    Originally posted by @wolfgang59
    WHAT? There are world problems? Greater than junk in my POOL? Gads!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree