1. Joined
    15 Jun '10
    Moves
    15 Jul '18 08:44
    Originally posted by @sonhouse
    It was looking ok for a while but now is green as an emerald. New batch of algae that doesn't seem to succumb to a huge batch of shock. WTF? I guess I have to take a sample to the pool place, maybe the Ph is off the wall?
    This only happened to ours once, (we were away and someone forgot the chlorine) and the algae kind of got stuck to a layer of limescale (the water gets pumped up from ancient coral - beds), I had to get in there with scuba gear and a paint - scraper. It took several days.
  2. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    15 Jul '18 23:25
    Originally posted by @indonesia-phil
    This only happened to ours once, (we were away and someone forgot the chlorine) and the algae kind of got stuck to a layer of limescale (the water gets pumped up from ancient coral - beds), I had to get in there with scuba gear and a paint - scraper. It took several days.
    I put a gallon of shock and now three bags of powder with no discernible effect, at a loss now. Some kind of resistant algae?
  3. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    16 Jul '18 13:35
    I put a gallon of shock and now three bags of powder with no discernible effect, at a loss now. Some kind of resistant algae?
    Then you probably Need rather the advice of a microbiologist.
  4. Playing with matches
    Moves
    16 Jul '18 13:46
    A gallon of Lysol and 20 bags of ice should do the trick.
  5. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    16 Jul '18 13:54
    Originally posted by @hand-of-hecate
    A gallon of Lysol and 20 bags of ice should do the trick.
    or, drain the pool and start over.
  6. Playing with matches
    Moves
    16 Jul '18 14:07
    Originally posted by @great-big-stees
    or, drain the pool and start over.
    Good idea. God forbid we change the filter media and call a professional. Better to seek advice a Chess website.
  7. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    16 Jul '18 14:11
    Have you tried boiling the water?
  8. Playing with matches
    Moves
    16 Jul '18 14:22
    Originally posted by @divegeester
    Have you tried boiling the water?
    I'd suggest that he plug in a radio, throw it in the pool and go for a swim.
  9. Subscriberrookie54
    free tazer tickles..
    wildly content...
    Moves
    16 Jul '18 14:23
    It was looking ok for a while but now is green as an emerald. New batch of algae that doesn't seem to succumb to a huge batch of shock. WTF? I guess I have to take a sample to the pool place, maybe the Ph is off the wall?
    i wasn't going to reveal this,
    trade secrets you know,
    but you seem to have a strain of the PPOZ algae, very difficult to remove...
    the only way currently known to diminish this virulent strain is human contact...
    you must have a pool party...
    and,
    this is the tough part, but MUST be followed exactly,
    everyone, 12 people or more is desirable, must be naked and be willing to rub (full body contact) up against the algae with their bare skin...
    females as well as males are required to do this properly, the pH of the female body is slightly higher than males and this variance is critical to the success of yer operation...
    after several hours of everyone slathering themselves on the pool surfaces, gather the entire party to the center of the pool...
    now,
    this is where the experts disagree on the proper chants...
    about 55% of pool experts believe you must all howl like wolves for a half hour or so (the sound waves break down the algae cell membranes after bodily contact)...
    but,
    65% of experts, including me, opt for the low-key chants of buddhist monasteries,
    OM mani padme hum, or even nam myoho renge kyo will do...

in as little as three months you will see a marked difference in yer pool water...

keep this info to yerself, trade secrets you know...

yer welcome...
  10. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    16 Jul '18 14:24
    Good idea. God forbid we change the filter media and call a professional. Better to seek advice a Chess website.
    I once asked my pool guy which opening I should start with. His response? "The backwash valve".
  11. SubscriberThe Gravedigger
    Jack Torrance
    Overlook Hotel
    Moves
    16 Jul '18 14:39
    I'd suggest that he plug in a radio, throw it in the pool and go for a swim.
    😀
  12. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    16 Jul '18 15:45
    Originally posted by @the-gravedigger
    😀
    Clearly you assswipes have taken over the thread so I don't need anyone's help so do your best if you really think you are pisssing me off. All you are showing is your group immaturity.
  13. Subscriberrookie54
    free tazer tickles..
    wildly content...
    Moves
    16 Jul '18 16:02
    :'(:'(:'(:'(:'(:'(:'(:'(:'(:'(:'(:'(:'(:'(:'(:'(:'(:'(:'(:'(:'(:'(:'(:'(:'(:'(:'(:'(:'(:'(:'(:'(:'(:'(:'(
  14. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    16 Jul '18 16:451 edit
    Originally posted by @rookie54
    :'(:'(:'(:'(:'(:'(:'(:'(:'(:'(:'(:'(:'(:'(:'(:'(:'(:'(:'(:'(:'(:'(:'(:'(:'(:'(:'(:'(:'(:'(:'(:'(:'(:'(:'(
    Like I said. Hope you are having fun like all 12 year old's do.
  15. Playing with matches
    Moves
    16 Jul '18 17:31
    Originally posted by @great-big-stees
    I once asked my pool guy which opening I should start with. His response? "The backwash valve".
    I can only assume you won? I, myself, am partial to the chlorine pucks in the floaty duck gambit.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree