1. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    11 Feb '21 08:59
    And it came to pass that evil spirits rose from the graves, they had been safely buried in. And a big confusion came about who was who or who has been who...
  2. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    11 Feb '21 09:07
    @ponderable said
    And it came to pass that evil spirits rose from the graves, they had been safely buried in. And a big confusion came about who was who or who has been who...
    😆
  3. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    11 Feb '21 13:37
    They shall hunger no more for biscuits, neither thirst anymore, the sun shall not strike them, nor any scorching heat. For the Ghost in the midst of the throne will be their shepherd, and he will guide them to springs of living water, and the Ghost will wipe away every tear from their eyes.
  4. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    11 Feb '21 14:29
    And in the desert another group gathered and was named 8fingers, since they abhorred the use of either thumb.
  5. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    11 Feb '21 15:03
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    They shall hunger no more for biscuits, neither thirst anymore, the sun shall not strike them, nor any scorching heat. For the Ghost in the midst of the throne will be their shepherd, and he will guide them to springs of living water, and the Ghost will wipe away every tear from their eyes.
    Jesus wept.
  6. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    11 Feb '21 15:151 edit
    Now in those days of old the whole forum had one language and a common speech. As opinions moved all ways they found a place in Clubland and many settled there and in other Clubs and Clans.

They said to each other, “Come, let’s make threads and post in them thoroughly.” They used everyday emotions instead of chess-logic and humour for mortar.

Then they said, “Come, let us build ourselves a city-club with a tower that reaches to Russ, so that we may make a name for ourselves; otherwise we will be scattered over the face of the whole of clubland.

But the Russ came down to see the cityclub and the tower the people were building. And The Russ said, “If as one people speaking the same language they have begun to do this, then nothing they plan to do will be impossible for them. And Russ was sore afraid.

Russ said unto Chrismo “Come, let us go down and confuse their language and divide them so they will not understand each other and be then freakethed out”

So the Russ and Chrismo did scattered them from there over all the website and they stopped building the cityclub land. That is why it was called Babel, because there the Russ confused the language of the whole community and from there the Russ scattered them over the face of the whole website.

And the people went this way and that and did form cliques and gangs; the first of these was known as The Silent Majority, and they did wageth much forum war with The Public Forum Contributors.

And duchebaggery came into the forums.
  7. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    11 Feb '21 15:26
    @divegeester said
    Now in those days of old the whole forum had one language and a common speech. As opinions moved all ways they found a place in Clubland and many settled there and in other Clubs and Clans.

They said to each other, “Come, let’s make threads and post in them thoroughly.” They used everyday emotions instead of chess-logic and humour for mortar.

Then they said, “Come, ...[text shortened]... wageth much forum war with The Public Forum Contributors.

And duchebaggery came into the forums.
    The Silent Majority were not all that silent and rebelled against any bias in the forums! 🙂

-VR
  8. Dublin
    Moves
    11 Feb '21 15:33
    Then a prophet came among them.
    And he was the least of them having no games and no sub.

But he wielded a great power in that he died and now has risen again to judge the general and the spiritual.

Many shall he judge and indeed many have already been given judgement.

And they know the time is short for Instant Karma shall be upon them.
  9. Joined
    11 Nov '14
    Moves
    11 Feb '21 15:461 edit
    @InstantKarma777

I guess he's going to knock you right on the head/look you right in the face/knock you off your feet depending on which verse he goes with.
  10. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    12 Feb '21 14:34
    @very-rusty said
    The Silent Majority were not all that silent and rebelled against any bias in the forums! 🙂

-VR
    They were also guilty of bias themselves, as I recall.
  11. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    12 Feb '21 14:36
    @suzianne said
    They were also guilty of bias themselves, as I recall.
    You don't recall well.

I believe they call it selective memory is that the correct word Suzie Q? 🙂 😛

-VR
  12. Joined
    06 Nov '15
    Moves
    12 Feb '21 14:38
    @very-rusty said
    You don't recall well.

-VR
    Hurry up and move Rusty.
    Take your chess beat-down like a proper sprig.

I've enjoyed it thoroughly. 🙂
  13. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    12 Feb '21 14:421 edit
    @wolfe63 said
    Hurry up and move Rusty.
    Take your chess beat-down like a proper sprig.

I've enjoyed it thoroughly. 🙂
    Oh you mean our fun game that doesn't mean anything wolfy?

Or is it a real clan game? 🙂

I thought I had moved in all my clan games on going! 🙂

-VR
  14. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    12 Feb '21 14:43
    @very-rusty said
    You don't recall well.

-VR
    Perhaps, but that would be your issue.
  15. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    12 Feb '21 14:43
    @very-rusty said
    Oh you mean our fun game that doesn't mean anything wolfy?

Or is it a real clan game? 🙂

I thought I had moved in all my clan games on going! 🙂

-VR
    All chess games mean something.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree