1. Joined
    15 Jun '10
    Moves
    05 Dec '20 19:371 edit
    And there was at that time a great leader of men, and his name was Boris, and he sayeth unto others; 'cast not your net on the right hand side, neither shalt thou cast thine net on the left side, not around here, mate, for my people shall eat the fishes of the sea, and verily they shall eat the chip, for such has been the way of my people since the beginning.'
  2. SubscriberChris Guffogg
    Alekhine's Gun
    🤔 Bolton
    Moves
    05 Dec '20 20:01
    @Indonesia-Phil
    I have heard of this Phil.... A name by Rick Stein God a bounty that is fish, friend of Clarkson the God Power - thy names hold fingers in many pies....
  3. SubscriberChris Guffogg
    Alekhine's Gun
    🤔 Bolton
    Moves
    06 Dec '20 13:39
    More here! Another manuscript - Unusual systems suited his maverick personality. he was a superb improvisor and would try to embarrass his opponent even if it meant running the risk of falling short himself. Original opening play fitted his game plan he had a desire to avoid an opponent's preparation, the net result, however, was that his games had a unique character, truly reflecting his fierce independence of thought and of course his lifelong love of the game. Who is this person🤔🤷‍♂️🚬
  4. Joined
    03 Apr '19
    Moves
    06 Dec '20 14:00
    @hells-caretaker said
    More here! Another manuscript - Unusual systems suited his maverick personality. he was a superb improvisor and would try to embarrass his opponent even if it meant running the risk of falling short himself. Original opening play fitted his game plan he had a desire to avoid an opponent's preparation, the net result, however, was that his games had a unique character, ...[text shortened]... fierce independence of thought and of course his lifelong love of the game. Who is this person🤔🤷‍♂️🚬
    Bobby Fischer??
  5. SubscriberThe Gravedigger
    Jack Torrance
    Overlook Hotel
    Moves
    06 Dec '20 14:12
    And he saith unto them, follow me, and I will make you Fishers amongst men.
  6. SubscriberChris Guffogg
    Alekhine's Gun
    🤔 Bolton
    Moves
    06 Dec '20 14:16
    No, no, no...... Geoff Lawton....! An author of that time🤔here, now, in front of me🚬
  7. SubscriberChris Guffogg
    Alekhine's Gun
    🤔 Bolton
    Moves
    06 Dec '20 14:18
    @The-Gravedigger
    This is also true.
  8. SubscriberChris Guffogg
    Alekhine's Gun
    🤔 Bolton
    Moves
    13 Dec '20 13:59
    Behold, tis yet more translation, A nurse, cheese, more here, a 'Scoucer' & Jock' both by name of separate tribe. Pure of soul🙌 alleluia.
  9. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    01 Jan '21 11:26
    And a new day dawned on the folks of the RHP and a brand new year occurred.
    And there was much merrymaking and goodwill around all the fighters of the Quadrat.
  10. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    10 Jan '21 22:142 edits
    But the Russ was displeased with Trifflicus, and sent a worm to terrorise his sleep and eat at his spirit. But Trifflicus was unyielding in his evil, so the Russ hardened his heart and turned his head to the wastelands.

Trifflicus gathered around hisself a band of easily led lost ones and sayeth to them; “be not afraid my brittle ones, for I am with thee until the thread be thou closed”. And they were so impressed with these words and they danced and had godless ways with each other as Trifflicus lookethed on and made himself merriment in his gentleman’s front trouser area.

There was a gloom over the land.
  11. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    10 Jan '21 23:061 edit
    Book of Maverick 26:69-75 New King Russ Version

Suzianne Thumbs Down FMF, and Whinges Bitterly about Thine Enemies of Free Speech

Now Suzianne sat outside in the courtyard. And a forum dweller came to her, saying, “You also were thumbing down FMF of the Dutch East Indies.”

But she appeared to deny it before them all with carefully crafted weasel words, saying, “So you say but you saying it does not make it true.”

And when she had gone out to the gateway, another forum dweller saw her and said to those who were there, “This Suzianne was verily thumbing down FMF, for ten year or more.”

But again she denied with a slew of somewhat tangential declarations, “You can claimeth what ye like! Your attack on free speech is noted! You say this because you want your followers to attacketh me!”

And a little later those who stood by came up and said to Suzianne, “Surely you are one of them who thumbs down FMF, for your constantly scornful and eye-wateringly hypocritical demeanour betrays you.”

Then she began to curse and swear and prophesize, saying, “I don’t care how many times you say I have thumbed down FMF! I will never confirm it because in your heart is a kind of Stalinism inspired by he who shall cometh and resemble FMF 1,900 years hence in the Land West of The Urals!”

Immediately a rooster crowed. And Suzianne remembered the words of FMF who had said about her, “Before the rooster crows, she will thricely deny being one of those who together do often thumbeth me down seven times.”

So she went out and whinged bitterly and alerted many wise words of FMF claiming them to be “harassment”.
  12. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    10 Jan '21 23:35
    What word in that satirical post warrants an alert? Thumbs down I kind of get, but an alert?
  13. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    10 Jan '21 23:39
    @fmf said
    What word in that satirical post warrants an alert? Thumbs down I kind of get, but an alert?
    “Suzianne”

You are “attacking” one of the brittle ones.
  14. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    10 Jan '21 23:42
    @fmf said
    Someone's fragile ego?

-VR
  15. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    10 Jan '21 23:45
    @very-rusty said
    Someone's fragile ego?
    Sure. But that would call for thumbs down [in their minds, anyway], not an alert.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree