1. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    06 Nov '13 13:081 edit
    Suzi, you're like an old hag at a fireplace telling a old scary story to a bunch of pajama-clad naïfs.
  2. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    06 Nov '13 13:12
    Originally posted by ChessPraxis
    "And stay right here 'cause these are the good old days."- Carly Simon
    I find 'these days' to be preferable. The diversity of personalities here now, rather than the homogenization of personalities, as in the past, make this site more enjoyable than ever.
  3. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    06 Nov '13 13:16
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    No, it went further than mind games. If it was only mind games, they could blow him off. Yes, as suggested by his profile, once he had video of his victim, he would use it as he saw fit. As I said, he preyed on the susceptibility of women, mainly those who he was able to figure out had just left other relationships. Women in this state are vulnerable (m ...[text shortened]... l for the suggestions of unscrupulous people. Been there, done that, although not on this site.
    Anybody who takes advantage of anybody who is susceptible is a slug. We have an older (90's) neighbour who's a widow. She was tricked into getting something she really didn't need but she did sign on the dotted line so there really wasn't anything could do as by the time she mentioned it to me the time to reconsider her decisions had passed. Now when she gets calls or people knocking at her door she calls me and I head over to "help" her out. As I said they (slugs) are just out here and you have to be wary.
  4. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    06 Nov '13 13:18
    Originally posted by darvlay
    Suzi, you're like an old hag at a fireplace telling a old scary story to a bunch of pajama-clad naïfs.
    I know, right? I get that feeling too, every time I talk about it. I'm sure there are those who 'just can't believe this sort of thing went on'. Granted, it was rare, but it was an 'underbelly' no one ever talked about. I could tell some more stories on the other side of the gender gap, but, no, I won't.

What the old-timers may have called 'the vanilla-ization' of RHP is actually kind of a good thing. I enjoy talking to most people now, instead of wondering what their hidden agenda is.
  5. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    06 Nov '13 13:28
    Originally posted by Great Big Stees
    Anybody who takes advantage of anybody who is susceptible is a slug. We have an older (90's) neighbour who's a widow. She was tricked into getting something she really didn't need but she did sign on the dotted line so there really wasn't anything could do as by the time she mentioned it to me the time to reconsider her decisions had passed. Now when ...[text shortened]... I head over to "help" her out. As I said they (slugs) are just out here and you have to be wary.
    This is horrible. Interesting that those who need our protection are not only the very young, but oftentimes the very old, as well. When abuse happens to either group, it's sad indeed.
  6. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    06 Nov '13 13:36
    I know, right? I get that feeling too, every time I talk about it. I'm sure there are those who 'just can't believe this sort of thing went on'. Granted, it was rare, but it was an 'underbelly' no one ever talked about. I could tell some more stories on the other side of the gender gap, but, no, I won't.

What the old-timers may have called 'the vanil ...[text shortened]... od thing. I enjoy talking to most people now, instead of wondering what their hidden agenda is.
    It's called "drama".

Good times.
  7. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    06 Nov '13 13:58

What the old-timers may have called 'the vanil ...[text shortened]... od thing. I enjoy talking to most people now, instead of wondering what their hidden agenda is.
    You have to admit that it's extremely dull around here when compared to the Donkeys and PFC era. Hidden agenda? People basically the same now as there were then, there's just less people now to create the drama and conflicts of old. Plus the mods played their part in 'cleaning the forums'.
  8. Standard memberhuckleberryhound
    Devout Agnostic.
    DZ-015
    Moves
    06 Nov '13 15:161 edit
    The forum wars were a bit of a laugh.

I miss Dr Strangelove.
  9. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    06 Nov '13 15:302 edits
    Originally posted by Trev33
    You have to admit that it's extremely dull around here when compared to the Donkeys and PFC era. Hidden agenda? People basically the same now as there were then, there's just less people now to create the drama and conflicts of old. Plus the mods played their part in 'cleaning the forums'.
    But we have a lot of younger (dare I say 'naive' ) ones around now and also some older ones who can't be bothered with much drama, so I still say there's a lot less than there used to be, just because it's not so much a 'thing' any more. People did it back then to 'fit in'.

Edit: At least PFC is still around, although I'm guessing it's a shadow of its former self, with Phlab gone.
  10. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Read a book!
    Moves
    06 Nov '13 15:33
    Originally posted by huckleberryhound
    The forum wars were a bit of a laugh.

I miss Dr Strangelove.
    God rest his soul.

Remember MerchantParkPro?
  11. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    06 Nov '13 15:38
    But we have a lot of younger (dare I say 'naive' ) ones around now and also some older ones who can't be bothered with much drama, so I still say there's a lot less than there used to be, just because it's not so much a 'thing' any more. People did it back then to 'fit in'.

Edit: At least PFC is still around, although I'm guessing it's a shadow of its former self, with Phlab gone.
    The PFC is long dead.

Also, people did what to fit in? I'm confused.
  12. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    06 Nov '13 17:521 edit
    The PFC is long dead.

Also, people did what to fit in? I'm confused.
    Drama. Berate newbies. Bring others down either for the lulz or to prop themselves up. Fight with others in the forum any chance they got. All because 'that's what everyone else did'.

You know, what you're calling the 'good old days'.

The PFC may be dead, but I see it still exists as a clan.

Pablum for Canada, 17 members, Phlabibit still presiding

Granted a lot of those people are gone, but the PFC still rolls on, like I said, a shadow of its former self.

On the other hand, SJ got tired of the Donkeys and kicked everyone out. It still exists too, but with only one member.
  13. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    06 Nov '13 17:582 edits
    Drama. Berate newbies. Bring others down either for the lulz or to prop themselves up. Fight with others in the forum any chance they got. All because 'that's what everyone else did'.

You know, what you're calling the 'good old days'.

The PFC may be dead, but I see it still exists as a clan.

Pablum for Canada, 17 members, Phlabibit still pres ...[text shortened]... ot tired of the Donkeys and kicked everyone out. It still exists too, but with only one member.
    I think you're exaggerating.

The PFC is dead. It does not roll on. Think of that page as a headstone, not a shade. Remember, you can't delete clans. I can't even leave the one I'm in.
  14. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    06 Nov '13 18:08
    I think you're exaggerating.

The PFC is dead. It does not roll on. Think of that page as a headstone, not a shade. Remember, you can't delete clans. I can't even leave the one I'm in.
    Well after I bitched enough about that and asked for clan deletion powers in Site Ideas, they (Admins) eventually took my old dead clan off my back. I'm just saying, the clan still has 17 members. Most of whom are MIA, I know.
  15. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    06 Nov '13 18:17
    Well after I bitched enough about that and asked for clan deletion powers in Site Ideas, they (Admins) eventually took my old dead clan off my back. I'm just saying, the clan still has 17 members. Most of whom are MIA, I know.
    Fine. But you're still exaggerating the fact that this place was all abuse. It may have been relationship-building on the backs of confrontation but it was a congenial sandbox where you could disagree one day and be pals the next and realize it was all for fun. This was even true for debates, back in the day. It was the very strong personalities like Very Rusty, Red Night, Grampy Bobby and various people in debates and spirituality that irritate people to the point of abuse in the forums, in my opinion. Not saying they are at fault for anything, just saying that's where I saw the "abuse" and its cause around here.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree