1. Standard memberChessPraxis
    Cowboy From Hell
    American West
    Moves
    06 Nov '13 19:26
    Originally posted by darvlay
    Suzi, you're like an old hag at a fireplace telling a old scary story to a bunch of pajama-clad naïfs.
    Ohhh hot chocolate please!
  2. Standard memberlemon lime
    itiswhatitis
    oLd ScHoOl
    Moves
    06 Nov '13 21:422 edits
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    No, it went further than mind games. If it was only mind games, they could blow him off. Yes, as suggested by his profile, once he had video of his victim, he would threaten to use it as he saw fit. As I said, he preyed on the susceptibility of women, mainly those who he was able to figure out had just left other relationships. Women in this state are v ...[text shortened]... l for the suggestions of unscrupulous people. Been there, done that, although not on this site.
    My biggest nightmare when the kids were growing up were predators. I followed my girls as they walked to a new school to make sure they got there safely. They were in the first and second grade, so I didn't feel comfortable about letting them walk to school by themselves. They didn't know I was following them because I stayed about a block behind. Some guy was walking down the street that intersected the street we were on, and then he turned to walk in the same direction we were going. So he was between me and my girls, and I don't think he was aware of me being half a block behind him. At some point he looked back and was shocked to see me looking at him, then he turned and starting walking in a different direction.

I later learned that this guy was what they call a low level offender. Needless to say, I found some other way for the girls to get to school. I didn't tell the wife about this, because she would have freaked out and not let anyone leave the house. There were a few other instances where something could have gone terribly wrong if crazy old dad hadn't turned into the angry monster I was sometimes accused of being. Hairy male testosterone laced monsters like me got picked on a lot during the 70's and 80's.

By the way, my number is 555-555-5555. 😉

And I'm not really a cow wearing sunglasses. It's November now... I stopped wearing the shades last month.
  3. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    07 Nov '13 04:27
    But we have a lot of younger (dare I say 'naive' ) ones around now and also some older ones who can't be bothered with much drama, so I still say there's a lot less than there used to be, just because it's not so much a 'thing' any more. People did it back then to 'fit in'.

Edit: At least PFC is still around, although I'm guessing it's a shadow of its former self, with Phlab gone.
    PFC died a long, long time ago. 31 posts in the past two years, nothing since March and very little more in the previous year to that.

I think to some it might have been a superficial ego boost but it depends what you're talking about. They did it amongst themselves just as much to anyone in the general forums.

TBH i think the people on the site now are older than they were back then, Bad Wolf, Raven, expressiveoutburst, and myself were all early 20s, now it seems everyone is in their 40s or 50s.
  4. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    07 Nov '13 04:33
    Originally posted by Trev33
    PFC died a long, long time ago. 31 posts in the past two years, nothing since March and very little more in the previous year to that.

I think to some it might have been a superficial ego boost but it depends what you're talking about. They did it amongst themselves just as much to anyone in the general forums.

TBH i think the people on the site now a ...[text shortened]... expressiveoutburst, and myself were all early 20s, now it seems everyone is in their 40s or 50s.
    "... now it seems everyone is in their 40s or 50s."

Yep. I know of one....
  5. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    07 Nov '13 05:31
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby

Yep. I know of one....
    Or older 😛
  6. Standard memberlemon lime
    itiswhatitis
    oLd ScHoOl
    Moves
    07 Nov '13 05:43
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby

Yep. I know of one....
    I'm in my 60s. What about you? 60s or 70s?
  7. Standard memberlemon lime
    itiswhatitis
    oLd ScHoOl
    Moves
    07 Nov '13 05:44
    Or older 😛
    LOL
  8. Standard memberChessPraxis
    Cowboy From Hell
    American West
    Moves
    07 Nov '13 06:01
    It's always been about one faction vs another faction, each side usually headed by one person or at least a small controlling group. The names change but the wars continue.
  9. Standard memberhuckleberryhound
    Devout Agnostic.
    DZ-015
    Moves
    07 Nov '13 15:29

TBH i think the people on the site now a ...[text shortened]... expressiveoutburst, and myself were all early 20s, now it seems everyone is in their 40s or 50s.
    I turned 40 this year....so, yeh.

Shut up girlfriend!
  10. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    07 Nov '13 16:01
    Originally posted by huckleberryhound

Shut up girlfriend!
    40 eh, getting old man. Give me a shout anytime if you need a cheap walking stick brought down from the north 😛
  11. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    07 Nov '13 16:08
    Originally posted by ChessPraxis
    It's always been about one faction vs another faction, each side usually headed by one person or at least a small controlling group. The names change but the wars continue.
    It's now just mostly clan fights, like in the Clans forum, Metallica vs. IVV, stuff like that.
  12. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    07 Nov '13 16:09
    Originally posted by huckleberryhound

Shut up girlfriend!
    lol, I'm not far behind.
  13. Standard memberSunburnt
    🙏🏻
    Some other realm
    Moves
    07 Nov '13 17:18
    But we have a lot of younger (dare I say 'naive' ) ones around now and also some older ones who can't be bothered with much drama, so I still say there's a lot less than there used to be, just because it's not so much a 'thing' any more. People did it back then to 'fit in'.

Edit: At least PFC is still around, although I'm guessing it's a shadow of its former self, with Phlab gone.
    Every time I come back here it seems like the same conversations are being had. I don't like the vanillazation. I kind of miss the drama once in a while. It was fun.
  14. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Read a book!
    Moves
    07 Nov '13 18:33
    Originally posted by Sunburnt
    Every time I come back here it seems like the same conversations are being had. I don't like the vanillazation. I kind of miss the drama once in a while. It was fun.
    What flavor do you like, girlie? Pistachio? 😉
  15. Standard memberlemon lime
    itiswhatitis
    oLd ScHoOl
    Moves
    07 Nov '13 18:54
    Originally posted by Sunburnt
    What's wrong with vanilla? You can go anywhere online to get tooty fruity.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree