The untouchables

The untouchables

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

J

benching

Moves
22 Nov 08

Originally posted by no1marauder
What stops a thief from stealing again? Besides internal controls that nobody else can effect, the threat of punishment. It's true it's not much of a bother to just start up a new account after you've been banned, but you do lose all your game history and accomplishments and even have to hide your persona a bit. It's a bit of a nuisance if nothing else. ...[text shortened]... bition has been somewhat aggressively enforced in the past. That's what I am talking about.
You said it is up to Russ to determine if section6 of the TOS and/or section 3(c) have been violated. However for anything else it is not up to Russ but up to two individuals. See the irony?

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
22 Nov 08

Originally posted by Jie
The site allows free users and paid up members/subscribers. However the site has a TOS that means even paid up members can be nuked for breaking the TOS. There are plenty of examples of two paid up members using abusive/insulting words contrary to section 6 of the TOS in this thread alone.
Apparently the Site Admins here don't agree with your interpretation of the TOS, Section 6. Imagine that.

Put the crowbar in your wallet and purchase your own site if you want to run one.

J

benching

Moves
22 Nov 08

Apparently the Site Admins here don't agree with your interpretation of the TOS, Section 6. Imagine that.

Put the crowbar in your wallet and purchase your own site if you want to run one.
The reverse is also true, if the admins also disagree with your opinion of alleged double accounts. I heard a rumour you were leaving the site anyway.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
22 Nov 08

Originally posted by Jie
You said it is up to Russ to determine if section6 of the TOS and/or section 3(c) have been violated. However for anything else it is not up to Russ but up to two individuals. See the irony?
No. It's up to Russ to decide if Section 6 of the TOS has been violated and if he so determines it's up to him what to do about it.

It's up to me and any moral agent to decide what they believe is morally correct under the circumstances and to act accordingly.

There is no irony or any contradiction between those two points of view.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
22 Nov 08

Originally posted by Jie
The reverse is also true, if the admins also disagree with your opinion of alleged double accounts. I heard a rumour you were leaving the site anyway.
They've banned numerous double accounts. They've yet to ban anyone for insulting someone in the Public Forums (there'd be hardly anybody left if they did).

J

benching

Moves
22 Nov 08

No. It's up to Russ to decide if Section 6 of the TOS has been violated and if he so determines it's up to him what to do about it.

It's up to me and any moral agent to decide what they believe is morally correct under the circumstances and to act accordingly.

There is no irony or any contradiction between those two points of view.
You and any "moral agent" can determine when to put the TOS in your pocket, abuse and harass others and make public cheating accusations then pull the TOS out of your pocket and claim the TOS has been violated. And you also happen to be some big time lawyer in real life. Interesting....

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
22 Nov 08

Originally posted by Jie
You and any "moral agent" can determine when to put the TOS in your pocket, abuse and harass others and make public cheating accusations then pull the TOS out of your pocket and claim the TOS has been violated. And you also happen to be some big time lawyer in real life. Interesting....
Again there is nothing in the TOS banning well-founded statements that Player W has a very high incidence of match ups with engines. It has generally been decided by the Forum Mods that this is undesirable in the Forums. I don't agree with them and have had a certain number of posts and threads removed. So be it; no one has ever told me that I risked a permanent ban from the site for doing what I do.

Cheating with engines, by contrast, is a bannable offense beyond question as specifically stated in 3(b) of the TOS. ALL persons on this site had to acknowledge that on several occasions. Unlike Section 6 there is no room for interpretation.

Now do you understand the difference?

Moves
22 Nov 08

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
22 Nov 08
1 edit

Again there is nothing in the TOS banning well-founded statements that Player W has a very high incidence of match ups with engines. It has generally been decided by the Forum Mods that this is undesirable in the Forums. I don't agree with them and have had a certain number of posts and threads removed. So be it; no one has ever told me that I risked a p ...[text shortened]... on 6 there is no room for interpretation.

Now do you understand the difference?
It appears once again you are wrong, and have been corrected by a very observant Mod! 😉 Don't get your panties all in a bunch over it though! It just goes to show everyone is wrong from time to time. 🙂

EDIT: You do understand my point?

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
22 Nov 08
1 edit

Originally posted by Very Rusty
It appears once again you are wrong, and have been corrected by a very observant Mod! 😉 Don't get your panties all in a bunch over it though! It just goes to show everyone is wrong from time to time. 🙂

EDIT: You do understand my point?
No, I'm not wrong. My statement regarding the TOS is correct. I have no way of verifying the veracity of CFT's claim, but I'll concede that it's true. The policy remains a Forum Posting Guideline and not a part of the TOS. The rest of my post is factually correct as well.

Moves
22 Nov 08
1 edit

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
22 Nov 08
2 edits

The post that was quoted here has been removed
You obviously can't read (a defect in a Forum Mod); I did concede that Russ and Chris had set the policy. But the policy is not required by anything in the TOS and is thus not a "violation of the TOS' has Jie and others keep claiming.

fg

1313mockingbirdlane

Moves
22 Nov 08

Originally posted by SJ247
Key words: "Seem to be".

You want public lashings to fill your tummy, don't you.
add a lil sauce and garlic bread ...now were talkin..🙂

e4

Moves
22 Nov 08

Hi Jie,

Korch
Fat Lady
Squelchbelch
no1marauder
Tyrannosauruschex

(Why aint I on the list. Im higher graded, in the real world, than these guys).

Untouchable?

Fat Lady, Squelch, Korch and Rex all recently got a 3/4 day ban.

All have been banned before in the past.
Fat Lady is not long back from a 3 year ban!

(cannot recall No1 getting a recent forum ban. Suspect he has a few
under his belt. No1. sorry if I'm doing you a mis-service)

I know they all, including you, sail close to the wind.
But if you had your way the chess forum would be....dull...very dull.

Korch and Fat Lady should count to 20 before they post.
Squelch is the voice of the little people.
Rex is simply a wind-up merchant.
No1 never takes prisoners and does not suffer fools.

and me?

I'm apparently "off my head but very entertaining." A GM said that.

http://www.chessware.de/catalog/geoff-chandler-keith-ruxtonbrrampant-chess-p-2815.html

Yes!! a plug on the General Forum. Boy am I good.

R
Different

Moves
22 Nov 08

Originally posted by ivan2908
The Untouchables

Sounds cool, like another awesome comic book movie adaptation 🙂
I know, eh? They could even have their own theme song...I'd suggest Can't Touch This by MC Hammer.