so u not a tory?
  4. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    23 Sep '18 09:561 edit
    Originally posted by @badradger
    so u not a tory?
    No I’m a centrist.

Edit: I didn’t realise this was really a political thread btw.
  5. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    23 Sep '18 09:57
    But I don’t mind May; she has a really difficult task and I don’t think she is doing too bad a job given her plan. However it would not have been my plan, I would have done things differently.
  6. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    23 Sep '18 10:05
    Originally posted by @divegeester
    But I don’t mind May; she has a really difficult task and I don’t think she is doing too bad a job given her plan. However it would not have been my plan, I would have done things differently.
    alas she was handed the poison chalice by camoron and I mean moron, what fool offers its plebs a referendum of any sort right in the middle of the worst recession since the 70s, making no plans if it went south as it did, I hang well left of centre and i am a member of momentum, I didn't vote leave but fot the life of me could not give a good reason to stay.
  7. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    23 Sep '18 10:51
    alas she was handed the poison chalice by camoron and I mean moron, what fool offers its plebs a referendum of any sort right in the middle of the worst recession since the 70s, making no plans if it went south as it did, I hang well left of centre and i am a member of momentum, I didn't vote leave but fot the life of me could not give a good reason to stay.
    This is hardly the worst recession since the 70’s! What about the early 90s? I wouldn’t even agree that the uk is in recession, in fact the economy is growing, so evidently we are not.

If successive governments over decades had actively listened to the voice of the British people regarding EU integration we would not be in this situation. The problem has been caused through decades of big-firm commercial pressure, EU economic manoeuvring and political expediency over democratic voice.
  8. Joined
    15 Jun '10
    Moves
    23 Sep '18 13:33
    Her task would be a bit easier were it not for the likes of Boris F Johnson (I leave the F to your imagination) snapping at her heels. Since this is the general forum and therefore supposedly apolitical I will say only this; dodgy necklaces.
  9. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    23 Sep '18 13:37
    Originally posted by @indonesia-phil
    ... dodgy necklaces.
    Haha I was thinking the same thing recently. Maybe they are symbolic somehow?
  10. Joined
    15 Jun '10
    Moves
    23 Sep '18 14:09
    Haha I was thinking the same thing recently. Maybe they are symbolic somehow?
    I will fight shy of saying that her policies are a load of baubles, since in any case I concur that she's making quite a good fist of an all but impossible situation.
  11. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    23 Sep '18 14:26
    Originally posted by @indonesia-phil
    I will fight shy of saying that her policies are a load of baubles, since in any case I concur that she's making quite a good fist of an all but impossible situation.
    I was thinking a chain around her neck with a very large milestone attached to it.
  12. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    23 Sep '18 15:08
    This is hardly the worst recession since the 70’s! What about the early 90s? I wouldn’t even agree that the uk is in recession, in fact the economy is growing, so evidently we are not.

If successive governments over decades had actively listened to the voice of the British people regarding EU integration we would not be in this situation. The proble ...[text shortened]... irm commercial pressure, EU economic manoeuvring and political expediency over democratic voice.
    9 years of austerity is recession in my books, the 70s was really bad but u are probably to young to remember I was made redundant twice in 73 & 77 lost my first house, our winter of discontent I had to move back in with my parents no light, no heating no money, I had to go fiddling working for cash, the lump it was called, no tax or stamp but singing on every week it was horrendous well at least for the WORKING CLASS.
  13. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    23 Sep '18 21:523 edits
    9 years of austerity is recession in my books, the 70s was really bad but u are probably to young to remember I was made redundant twice in 73 & 77 lost my first house, our winter of discontent I had to move back in with my parents no light, no heating no money, I had to go fiddling working for cash, the lump it was called, no tax or stamp but singing on every week it was horrendous well at least for the WORKING CLASS.
    We haven’t had “9 years of austerity”. What does that even mean other than a phrase you’ve heard on the TV?

The rest of your post about the 70’s is primarily about the disasterous economics of the Wilson and Callahan governments and of course Heath who was next to useless, and lied to the British people taking us into the early EU.

It was horrendous; the 3 day (working) week, strike after strike as the unions brought the country to its economic knees, power cuts, and did you ever drive a British Leyland car? Absolute crap manufacturing.
  14. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Read a book!
    Moves
    23 Sep '18 22:02
    We haven’t had “9 years of austerity”. What does that even mean other than a phrase you’ve heard on the TV?

The rest of your post about the 70’s is primarily about the disasterous economics of the Wilson and Callahan governments and of course Heath who was next to useless, and lied to the British people taking us into the early EU.

It was horren ...[text shortened]... ic knees, power cuts, and did you ever drive a British Leyland car? Absolute crap manufacturing.
    Do you two live in the same country?
  15. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    23 Sep '18 22:12
    Originally posted by @handyandy
    Do you two live in the same country?
    How is the unity of thought in the US these days?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree