Standard memberRemoved
General 23 Sep '18 05:53
  1. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    30 Sep '18 06:58
    Originally posted by @divegeester
    What else did you expect when because of the ideological nature of the topic we have a bitterly divided country, a bitterly divided parliament and a bitterly divided government. Add into that volatile mix the blatant arrogance of the EU, a polarised hysterical media and an almost equally hysterical head of the Bank of England and hey presto!

Furthe ...[text shortened]... will continue on a road to being a single vote in a European super-state of 30 or more members.
    <What else did you expect when because of the ideological nature of the topic we have a bitterly divided country, a bitterly divided parliament and a bitterly divided government.>

Yes, but, in your view, is anything bitterly divided?

<I want out, I’ve always wanted out and nothing will change my mind>

I heard this all before, tiger, when you were threatening to run away. You didn’t mean it then, and you don’t mean it now.

<I guarantee that if we do not grab this opportunity with both hands>

Like you grab a PB&J sandwich, pint of ale and pub trollop?

<we will never have it again>

Oh, tiger. Don’t be so dramatic. You’ll always have a PB&J sandwich. I’m making you one right now! And the blokes at the pub will always buy you a pint of ale for when you’ve blown your allowance on lap dances.

You’re a handful!
  2. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    01 Oct '18 09:56
    Originally posted by @badradger
    the whole Brexit concept has been a total clusterf#ck.
    Of course it is. But it's Boris', Nigelle's, Dominic*''s and the Great English Voter's clusterf$$$, not Cameron's. He made it quite clear that his hand was forced on the referendum and that if you had even half an Irishman's brain you'd vote against, but nooooo...

* By the way, what is it with Brexiteers and continental names? Farràge? Dominic (Fr.) Raab (De.)? And that's who you're sending over to defend the Honest Roast Beef against those disgusting snails in sauerkraut? No wonder it's going so well - for us.
  3. The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    01 Oct '18 10:00
    Originally posted by @shallow-blue
    Of course it is. But it's Boris', Nigelle's, Dominic*''s and the Great English Voter's clusterf$$$, not Cameron's. He made it quite clear that his hand was forced on the referendum and that if you had even half an Irishman's brain you'd vote against, but nooooo...

* By the way, what is it with Brexiteers and continental names? Farràge? Domini ...[text shortened]... Roast Beef against those disgusting snails in sauerkraut? No wonder it's going so well - for us.
    It 'is' going well.

These things are always resolved in the last throw of the dice. Remain calm sir and carry on.
  4. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    13 Oct '18 10:46
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    It 'is' going well.

These things are always resolved in the last throw of the dice. Remain calm sir and carry on.
    Lets not forget the English stiff upper lip.
  5. RSA
    Moves
    13 Oct '18 11:43
    @shallow-blue said

* By the way, what is it with Brexiteers and continental names? Farràge? Dominic (Fr.) Raab (De.)? ...[text shortened]... est Roast Beef against those disgusting snails in sauerkraut? No wonder it's going so well - for us.
    You really are a bitter man.
  6. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    13 Oct '18 12:35
    @shallow-blue said

* By the way, what is it with Brexiteers and continental names? Farràge? Dominic (Fr.) Raab (De.)? ...[text shortened]... est Roast Beef against those disgusting snails in sauerkraut? No wonder it's going so well - for us.
    half an irishmans brain is still 5 iq points higher than an American.
  7. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    14 Oct '18 15:29
    @ashiitaka said
    You really are a bitter man.
    Not so much bitter as schadenfreundig, but you keep convincing yourself you're our victim, boyo.
  8. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    14 Oct '18 15:33
    @badradger said
    half an irishmans brain is still 5 iq points higher than an American.
    Evidently - but 55 is only going to be enough if you go back to Imperial measurements. Which I suspect you'll be referending for next. It'll go well with your blue passports, at anh rate.
  9. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    14 Oct '18 16:57
    @shallow-blue said
    Evidently - but 55 is only going to be enough if you go back to Imperial measurements. Which I suspect you'll be referending for next. It'll go well with your blue passports, at anh rate.
    The time for mockery, naysaying and pandering to the fears of the masses are soon coming to an end.
  10. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    14 Oct '18 16:58

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

11. RSA
    Moves
    14 Oct '18 17:381 edit
    @shallow-blue said
    Not so much bitter as schadenfreundig, but you keep convincing yourself you're our victim, boyo.
    Schadenfreude? What exactly has happened to us? Nothing...

I'm afraid you are only going to get more bitter. The world is not going to go your way.
  12. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    14 Oct '18 20:14
    @ashiitaka said
    I'm afraid you are only going to get more bitter.
    You're still fundamentally misreading me. No surprise - it's rare indeed for a 51st-stater to understand the Continental mind. Never mind, you'll get it in April, when our sweet, zingy pepper will turn into your sour mint sauce.
  13. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    14 Oct '18 20:15
    @divegeester said
    The time for mockery, naysaying and pandering to the fears of the masses are soon coming to an end.
    Yup - April 1st at the last your bluff will be called.
  14. RSA
    Moves
    14 Oct '18 20:191 edit
    @shallow-blue said
    You're still fundamentally misreading me. No surprise - it's rare indeed for a 51st-stater to understand the Continental mind. Never mind, you'll get it in April, when our sweet, zingy pepper will turn into your sour mint sauce.
    There is only a "continental mind" in your deluded world. European countries and peoples are incredibly diverse and have a history long before the EU.

Never mind, you'll get it in April, when our sweet, zingy pepper will turn into your sour mint sauce.

Ooh, I quiver with fear! How does it feel to know that the UK economy grew 0.7% in the third quarter, or that Unilever scrapped its plans to move to the Netherlands?

Bring on no deal.
  15. RSA
    Moves
    14 Oct '18 20:25
    @shallow-blue said
    Yup - April 1st at the last your bluff will be called.
    I'm afraid the opposite is true. Europe's economy is in ruins. Youth unemployment is in the 30's in the south. European politics is rapidly polarizing. Every day that goes by, there is a risk that Italy will light a bomb under the Eurozone. Mr Druncker's so-called "tools of torture" won't work on Italy - they have a budget surplus, so it would be easy to float a parallel currency and wreck the Eurozone. Italy owes trillions in debt to the ECB and Germany and I'll eat my hat if they pay any of it back.

But, you were saying how well it was going for you.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree