theresa may

Standard memberRemoved
General 23 Sep '18 05:53
  1. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    14 Oct '18 21:09
    @shallow-blue said
    Yup - April 1st at the last your bluff will be called.
    Ok, so what exactly do you think will happen?
  2. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    14 Oct '18 21:161 edit
    @ashiitaka said
    I'm afraid the opposite is true. Europe's economy is in ruins. Youth unemployment is in the 30's in the south. European politics is rapidly polarizing. Every day that goes by, there is a risk that Italy will light a bomb under the Eurozone. Mr Druncker's so-called "tools of torture" won't work on Italy - they have a budget surplus, so it would be easy to float a parallel cu ...[text shortened]... I'll eat my hat if they pay any of it back.

But, you were saying how well it was going for you.
    When the UK exits the EU we will see a decline of extreme right vocalising; on the contrary in Europe where the countries continue to devolve democratic power to the EU federal state we will see the continued rise of the extreme right in all the major economic powers especially in Germany (who are already witnessing blatant Nazism despite punitive laws) and Italy.

The devolution of democratic authority is a recipe for absolute disaster but some people just cannot see it.
  3. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    15 Oct '18 08:38
    Come the revolution Brothers
  4. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    15 Oct '18 12:58
    @ashiitaka said
    I'm afraid the opposite is true. Europe's economy is in ruins.
    [ citation needed ]

And not from the Daily Mail or the side of a bus.
  5. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    20 Oct '18 11:501 edit
    I have mixed feelings about the latest move by Mrs May to propose a brexit transition extension without her having a mandate from her cabinet.
  6. RSA
    Moves
    20 Oct '18 12:221 edit
    @divegeester said
    I have mixed feelings about the latest move by Mrs May to propose a brexit transition extension without her having a mandate from her cabinet.
    No matter how disastrously the government negotiates, it all matters little. There will be no deal because there isn't any sort of a deal that will have enough support to get through parliament. Labour will vote any deal down because they want a general election. The SNP will vote it down to frustrate the government as that is their raison d'être. If she compromises too much, brexiteers within the Conservative party will vote it down. No deal is the only outcome of the negotiations that doesn't have to pass through the commons - it is automatic if we reach 29 March 2019 without any other deal having been ratified by parliament. That's what makes it by far the most likely outcome.

It's funny how the election results were so perfect: Her majority was wiped out so she had no room to sell out while simultaneously keeping labour out, crushing the SNP and giving the balance of power to the Democratic Unionists, ensuring that Northern Ireland can't be economically separated from the UK. Everything has turned out perfectly.

In no deal, the EU loses all control over the UK. No more meddling civil servants, no more European Court of Justice, no more common fisheries, no more common agriculture and most importantly, no more common trade policy. Not to mention that they lose the "divorce bill" and the budget contributions as well. We will no longer be caught in a system that opens our market to their goods but doesn't reciprocate for our services, allowing them ro run massive surpluses at our expense. There will initially be some disruption at Dover, but trade flow will improve quickly. The UK has a very flexible economy and can adjust policy to adapt, while the EU lacks fiscal union and cannot adjust properly. If Ireland insists upon enforcing their side of the border, then it will only harm them. They're the ones so keen on a united Ireland and a border will probably mean Northern Ireland remaining part of the United Kingdom for the foreseeable future.

The UK has everything to gain and nothing to fear from no deal.
  7. RSA
    Moves
    20 Oct '18 12:261 edit
    @shallow-blue said
    [ citation needed ]

And not from the Daily Mail or the side of a bus.
    Haha. I don't feel the need to prove common knowledge to you, nor do I care what you think - this is just the way it is. If you don't want to recognize your beloved gravy train's flaws, it's not my vision for the world that will fail to materialize.
  8. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    20 Oct '18 13:00
    @ashiitaka said
    No matter how disastrously the government negotiates, it all matters little. There will be no deal because there isn't any sort of a deal that will have enough support to get through parliament. Labour will vote any deal down because they want a general election. The SNP will vote it down to frustrate the government as that is their raison d'être. If she compromises too muc ...[text shortened]... gdom for the foreseeable future.

The UK has everything to gain and nothing to fear from no deal.
    I agree completely.

However I am sad for the deep divisions in our nation, dismayed by the selfish politicising by certain MPs and weary of the lies and propaganda.
  9. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    20 Oct '18 13:40
    @divegeester said
    Worse, lizard robot.
    when its all over she might get a zombie part in the walking dead.
  10. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    20 Oct '18 14:03
    @badradger
    Theresa may what?
  11. RSA
    Moves
    20 Oct '18 14:16
    @badradger said
    when its all over she might get a zombie part in the walking dead.
    She'll probably resign as soon as the UK leaves the EU.
  12. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    20 Oct '18 14:17
    @ashiitaka said
    She'll probably resign as soon as the UK leaves the EU.
    Agreed again!
  13. RSA
    Moves
    20 Oct '18 14:17
    @divegeester said
    I agree completely.

However I am sad for the deep divisions in our nation, dismayed by the selfish politicising by certain MPs and weary of the lies and propaganda.
    It will turn out for the best in the end.
  14. RSA
    Moves
    20 Oct '18 14:20
    @divegeester said
    Agreed again!
    I actually think that she loathes the job. I mean, how could you not? While she hasn't handled the negotiations the way that I would have liked, I remind myself that I don't have the future of an entire nation for the next 50 years on my shoulders. Easier said than done.
  15. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    20 Oct '18 14:21
    @divegeester said
    Agreed again!
    leaving labour to sort the $hit$t0rm out.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree