theresa may

Standard memberRemoved
General 23 Sep '18 05:53
  1. RSA
    Moves
    20 Oct '18 14:28
    @badradger said
    leaving labour to sort the $hit$t0rm out.
    Well, that's assuming that there will be an election, and that Labour wins. There will probably be a split in Labour and the Tories (with centrist remainers from both leaving). They probably don't realize that there already is a party of centrist remainers (the lib dems) and nobody seems to like them.
  2. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    20 Oct '18 14:34
    @ashiitaka said
    Well, that's assuming that there will be an election, and that Labour wins. There will probably be a split in Labour and the Tories (with centrist remainers from both leaving). They probably don't realize that there already is a party of centrist remainers (the lib dems) and nobody seems to like them.
    All I can do is hope, as a labour member and a supporter of momentum I would hate it if a centrist party gained power.
  3. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    21 Oct '18 08:312 edits
    @ashiitaka said
    I actually think that she loathes the job. I mean, how could you not? While she hasn't handled the negotiations the way that I would have liked, I remind myself that I don't have the future of an entire nation for the next 50 years on my shoulders. Easier said than done.
    It’s not been a “negotiation” it’s been a failed effort at solution by diplomacy. In any negotiation you have to have a walk away point and the EU know that May doesn’t have one.

The UK position from the start should have been, and should be now, we are leaving without a deal. A new dept for exit should have been created and Whitehall’s commercial machinations set up accordingly. This would send a clear signal to business, to the EU and to the nation. Article 51 should have been triggered only once we were ready. Then we would have been in a proper negotiation with a stronger hand to play at the table.

I’m not happy with May extending the transition period, it weakens our position. She is looking for a compromise which doesn’t exist.
  4. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    21 Oct '18 08:36
    @badradger said
    leaving labour to sort the $hit$t0rm out.
    The Labour Party under the Trotskyite Corbyn is more of a joke than the Tories. That man will increase taxes to buy everything back and simultaneously sell the country down the river.

Where are the likes of the Jim Callahans and the John Smiths of the Party? I’d vote for brexit oriented Labour Party if there was a core of sound economic policy. Surely you don’t want Corbyn as prime minister!
  5. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    23 Oct '18 10:13
    Well the knives are well and truly out, don't think she will see Christmas.
  6. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    23 Oct '18 13:46
    @badradger said
    Well the knives are well and truly out, don't think she will see Christmas.
    Depends, depends.

A week is a long time in politics.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree